Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Sol Vista? Crankworx CO? What are YOU doing?

So who is doing what and where?

I'm planning on doing the DH at Sol, maybe the DS. Really interested in seeing the pumptrack championship, but doubt I'll participate. The old legs aren't in that kind of shape. As for CW, I'll probably just make it for the SlopeStyle. That should be entertaining! The schedule says SS quarter finals start at 2pm on Sat.

Oh, and thanks to Full Trucker, I will be participating in the Mustache Cup.
    Biker? I don't even know her.

Living the High Life
    The only problem is the SS finals (starting 2pm) are during the DS qualifying at Sol Vista (12-3). There's really no way to avoid some overlap, but I'm going to race DS, so unfortunately for me I'll miss the SS finals.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

Out Of Control
    Gonna try for both DS events. Maybe Sol V DH if the body allows.

mtbr member
    I think swentz posted up on RM that the pro times for the "new" pro/expert DH course will be around two and a half minutes. Sounds a lot easier than a Keystone or AF race!!

I'll have to do a run on Silky Johnson...70 turns?!?! Sweet

mtbr member
    If you think your even going to compete against Trucker in the stache comp. You're foolin yourself. That boy can flat out grow hair.

Stand back
    Quote Originally Posted by SylentK
    I think swentz posted up on RM that the pro times for the "new" pro/expert DH course will be around two and a half minutes. Sounds a lot easier than a Keystone or AF race!!

I'll have to do a run on Silky Johnson...70 turns?!?! Sweet
    Joo find a place to stay?
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKracing
    If you think your even going to compete against Trucker in the stache comp. You're foolin yourself. That boy can flat out grow hair.
    I may have to employ some backhair reserves and a unidirectional bonding strip (Scotch tape).
    Support Open Space!

mtbr member
    Oh yeah, that boys face gets mighty hairy! I'm gonna have to get creative or somethin'. Maybe there'll be a prize for "most spotty facial hair". Or even "Salt 'n Peppa Beard Boy".

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    Joo find a place to stay?
    Jes. Places are going fast, tho!

So what are you doing? Is the wife letting you out of your cage?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Crankworx SS and DS, representing for Colorado since everyone else is into that whole racing and DH thing

Come on over and check it out

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu
    The only problem is the SS finals (starting 2pm) are during the DS qualifying at Sol Vista (12-3). There's really no way to avoid some overlap, but I'm going to race DS, so unfortunately for me I'll miss the SS finals.
    Good point on the time overlap. Decisions, decisions...

You racing DH, too?

Slopestyle Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by simcik
    Crankworx SS and DS, representing for Colorado since everyone else is into that whole racing and DH thing

Come on over and check it out
    Hellz yeah! Me too, minus the DS. Maybe Big Air...

Stand back
    Quote Originally Posted by SylentK
    Jes. Places are going fast, tho!

So what are you doing? Is the wife letting you out of your cage?
    I dunno what all - some combo of ds and sd, gotta look at schedules and come up w/ something. But I got confirmation that my lodging is solid.
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

percocet pioneer.
    gonna try to make it to the DH on the 1st but I can't miss yonder mtn string band

Thats all Folks!
    Sol Vista for DS & DH for the Groms, maybe Winter Park to watch some Slopestyle on Saturday.
    Mtn Bmx
    [SIZE="2"]
    Kozos
    Ice Tools
    e-thirteen
    Maxxis
    ODI
    Fiberwise
    Motor Tabs[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    I am going to do both XC events. We shall see. I am going to be a tired MoFo by the end of next weekend.

Awesomist™
    I don't think anyone needs to worry about that... I will be helping judge the event as the current local 'Stache expert!
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

To "Air" Is Human
    I have mechanics and riders racing in DH and DS at Sol Vista. DS, DH, Super D for others at Crankworx. If Joel can convince Cody to enter the SS or Big Air, he will be there. Joel?

Slopestyle Rider
    I'd say enter the slopestyle, and not Big Air. Greg Watts is gonna kill every single competitor regardless of who they are in Big Air, so it's not even worth the entry fee

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Crankworx Super DH, AM DH, DH and Sol Vista Super D. 4 races, 3 days.

I tried to grow a moustache for a month and I looked like a cross between a 13 year migrant farm worker and a child molester - so I shaved it off the other night!
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

Slopestyle Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by The Agency
    I have mechanics and riders racing in DH and DS at Sol Vista. DS, DH, Super D for others at Crankworx. If Joel can convince Cody to enter the SS or Big Air, he will be there. Joel?
    On a related note... I have been pondering how successful an amateur slopestyle/freeride series would be. It just seems to me that the gap between dirt jumping in an abandoned field and pro slopestyle (Crankworx) is just too big. I think that it would be awesome if there was something for the groms and amateurs who wanted to compete, but didn't wanna throw themselves at the mercy of the massive stunts of an event like Crankworx.

What do you think?

To "Air" Is Human
    It is something I have been thinking about too. It would take a multiple line course. I was contacted by someone who wanted to do it at Echo, but I have heard from them for about a year or so.

mtbr member
    I think that you're on to something. But I think there needs to be a place or two that peeps can train/practice on in CO somewhat year-round, not just at the resorts when they feel like putting comps on. There's that new place in GJ. I guess that's a start. I'd love to see Echo do something. Such a shame to let a perfectly good lift and mountain not being used in the summer time...

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    That contest in Junction this spring was awesome, two classes, low pressure, high fun level event. Multiple options and a better built course than last years crankworx course and just tons of fun. I have been pestering Mike M with bigfoot to get something like that going, but it doesnt fit with what they are looking to do. We need some more stuff like this with mutliple classes and such!

Slopestyle Rider
    Well maybe we should put our heads together and make it happen...

I dunno, maybe a 3 comp series, maybe one at Angel Fire (during an MSC event, to draw some crowds, add riders, idunno... thinking out loud), one at the Sol, and one at Wp utilizing an alreay built Crankworx course (but add some smaller lines). There are a ton of opportunities to make Colorado slopestyle the shizz. We should definitely pursue this.
    Last edited by joelalamo45; 07-28-2008 at 08:34 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast