mtbr member
    Apr 2004

SoCal fires--know anyone affected?

Pretty devastating. I used to live near where the Harris fire in east San Diego County is approaching. If you want some info on what's happening now check out this link.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Yep; whole family there. Mom already evacuated to sisterís house and now moving on to auntís house. None of my familiesí houses burnt down, but recommended evacuation. Everyone knows someone who has lost a house though. Other sister left her house because of the smoke.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the link. My wife and I just moved from Socal about a month ago. We have a lot of family in the area still, most of witch have had to evacuate. again.....

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

I was building a house near El Cajon years ago during the fire season

and I actually saw one...two...three fires start, all in a line from right to left on the horizon. Freakin' arsonists. The news reports don't usually mention "arsonists" but SoCal is full of them and they just wait for the Santa Anas to come howling offshore. Some downed power lines, yeah, but...

For all I know the homes I built in that area will go up in flames in the next 24 hrs. It's not family but...to lose everything because of some insane person? Hopefully nobody else loses their life (one death only reported), you can always rebuild. Get your family out of harm's way.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

Shattering Glass
    If I was a terrorist, I'd torch the coast annually. Isn't that the goal, Mayhem. This is every year and frankly, it just gets old, like the hurricanes down south, tornado alley, flooding rivers in the mid west, blizzards on the plains, earthquakes. When you build a home in the path of nature, well, too bad. ???Why overbuild in a place that naturally does'nt have enough water to supply the population, is in constant drought, earthquake prone, illegal invasion,etc...

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Anyway...

If you do click on that link and follow other links, make sure you run your Spyware/Adware program afterwards. I just got rid of 22 malwares! Worth it, maybe, for all the info.

what nice teeth you have
    Got some friends from my navy days out there. Two of my friends actually got married and are in Chula Vista. They found out last week that her father is terminally ill. He lives in Poway. They are going through a lot right now. There is some good info on the governators page. Been having some problems pulling it up in the last few minutes though. .

mtbr member
    I have a friend that is a firefighter for the Orange County Fire Authority. I've only been able to talk to his wife. So far he is tired, but ok. Still waiting to hear back from some other friends in the area. I used to work with a girl that lives in the now evacuated Silverado Canyon, I'm hoping her house is still standing.

I watched last night as the Santiago Canyon fire took out the place I first started mountain biking. Whiting Ranch is now just ashes and it appears this fire is taking out alot of places I used to ride. So sad....

Luge probably gone for now!