mtbr member

Soapstone warning

Hey guys just a heads up. I was up at Soapstone today and the lady at the entry station told me that Buffalo from Red Mountain are now on Soapstone. I was told to stay away from them. I didn't see any but I kept a look out for them. I think its cool its the one thing that landscape is missing. But I have a feeling they won't be there for long.

imaorobbie

or

If it's the first one, they came a long way. The second one makes a little more sense. I love me some bison on the range.

mtbr member
    so, are they prone to charging a rider or hiker? I have only encountered them in south dakota in my car and they were pretty chill. just had to wait patiently for them to get off the highway .

mtbr member
    Mostly they're chill but I'd stay away this fall when they're trying to get some 'tang!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by keithfoco
    so, are they prone to charging a rider or hiker? I have only encountered them in south dakota in my car and they were pretty chill. just had to wait patiently for them to get off the highway .
    I've encountered quite a few while riding in the Black Hills of SD...much more curious compared to cows/bulls... Don't try to make them move like cattle. My advice: give em lots of room 'cause they *own* the trail. But I wouldn't not ride a place because bison are there. Just be aware and expect them to be sitting in the middle of the trail when you come around a corner.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett