Bad Case of the Mondays

So...Who rode what today?

Me I spent the day out in Summit County, but was interested in hearing about the condtions on the Front Range Trails.

locked - time out
    Me? I'm riding a wave of estrogen - helping my mom, daughter and girlfriend decorate for Christmas, but that's about it...

My cup runneth over
    Hit Green Mountain (mostly all I ride for shorts). Got going a little late at 10:00 am and 80% was rideable (packed snow - yeah!). 15% was slightly slushy and hard work and 5% was small drifts and deeper stuff - rideable but endo-ish. I only did about four miles before heading back via the road. I was beat and out of snow-shape. There were a couple of tracks before me in places but some parts were unridden.

It was probably awesome at 8:30. Probably the same for Sunday. By Monday/Tuesday it's going to be mud, even early.

Card Carrying Member
    ETR rode his @ss.
    Attached Images Attached Images

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by kitchenware
    ETR rode his @ss.
    And with such style and grace!

I shoed Camp Dick with the wife. Conditions were ok for shoes, woulda rocked for skis.

Tomorrow I'm rocking the casbah! (That's secret talk for Marshall Mesa.)
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

Hairshirt Rider
    Spent a couple of hours at Palmer. Missed the morning group on account of my newly rebuilt Swinger (fresh back from a 4-week vacation with Manitou) not having any rebound adjustment. At least it's not leaking anymore.

1 - Pre-flight
    2 - Touchdown
    3 - First (and second) tracks on another good drop (BTIL).

Card Carrying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Debaser
    And with such style and grace!

I shoed Camp Dick with the wife. Conditions were ok for shoes, woulda rocked for skis.

What was the snow depth up that way? Trail packed?

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by kitchenware
    What was the snow depth up that way? Trail packed?
    Yep, pretty packed. The road through the campground was super packled, windblown, some places were a little bare. In the trees there was more snow, pretty nice, but with all the users we could have ditched the shoes for 90% and just walked.

a dad
    Jan 2004
    did a downtown denver urban ride, still a little snowy in the shadows, but spent 3 hours tooling around...glad to be on my bike...will post some pics later
    Last edited by billybobzia; 12-05-2004 at 08:37 PM.
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

contains quinine
    I suck. I didn't even make it that far before it started melting out. I'm so boring.

Not just famous; infamous

Dakota Ridge, Saturday

Absolutely sucked. Where it wasn't packed, slippery snow, it was sloppy muck.

Maybe next weekend...

mtbr member
    Put in 56.5 mi on the C470 path, from Orchard and Havana to just past Kipling. It was fun except for the first iced up turn at Yosemite.

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by sandan
    Put in 56.5 mi on the C470 path, from Orchard and Havana to just past Kipling. It was fun except for the first iced up turn at Yosemite.
    When my wife and I started dating, she lived off Hamden-and-Havana-ish and I managed to ride there once from Louisville. It was almost 60 miles, 90% bikepath. Since then, I've really wanted to do a Denver bikepath century. Shouldn't be that hard to set up... just hard to get motivated.

locked - time out
    Since then, I've really wanted to do a Denver bikepath century. Shouldn't be that hard to set up... just hard to get motivated.
    I'm planning a Roxborough - Deer Creek - Indian Hills - Evergreen - Echo Lake century, could be a month or two though, since I just got the roadbike on Saturday

Stand back

I've done one

When my wife and I started dating, she lived off Hamden-and-Havana-ish and I managed to ride there once from Louisville. It was almost 60 miles, 90% bikepath. Since then, I've really wanted to do a Denver bikepath century. Shouldn't be that hard to set up... just hard to get motivated.
    Basically it was Lowry to Golden via Cherry Ck/ 470 trail. Got a little shoulder of 470 action just to make it exciting (think that was before the path went past Bandimere). Was my first century, did it on my Trek 930 w/ slicks. By mile 80-something out of 108, you realize how freaking bumpy the bikepath can be...
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    Basically it was Lowry to Golden via Cherry Ck/ 470 trail. Got a little shoulder of 470 action just to make it exciting (think that was before the path went past Bandimere). Was my first century, did it on my Trek 930 w/ slicks. By mile 80-something out of 108, you realize how freaking bumpy the bikepath can be...
    I used to think I'd be happy for life if I could just get afford a Trek 970 - in all of its' Guards Red, lugged, rigid forked, Deore DX glory... I don't think I would want to ride a century on one though (well, not now)

Professional Lurker
    I spent 45 minutes on one of these things. Weather was great, no mud, no hikers or equestrians...even had some pretty decent music to keep me motivated!

Yeah, I'm a loser....Spin class is as much fun as x-mas decorating with the women in your life!! Ha, ha, sorry S1ngletrack, I couldn't resist!
    I have no idea what I'm talking about...But yeah, that sounds about right.

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentK
    I spent 45 minutes on one of these things. Weather was great, no mud, no hikers or equestrians...even had some pretty decent music to keep me motivated!

Ughh.. That makes me thinkful that I've got a trainer set up in front of the tv machine at home.

Or not.

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentK
    Yeah, I'm a loser....Spin class is as much fun as x-mas decorating with the women in your life!! Ha, ha, sorry S1ngletrack, I couldn't resist!
    I'd venture a guess that spin class is slightly more exciting than christmas decorating...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    sloppy. I rode some trials on the nice dry pavement.

trainers are for suckers, ride rollers
    "I came out for exercise, gentle exercise, and to notice the scenery and to botanise. And no sooner do I get on that accursed machine than off I go hammer and tongs; I never look to right or left, never notice a flower, never see a view--get hot, juicy, red--like a grilled chop. Get me on that machine and I have to go. I go scorching along the road, and cursing aloud at myself for doing it."

--H.G. Wells, The Wheels of Chance

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

billybobzia at the CCC

Cool pic of the Convention Center expansion stairs. I spent 16 mo. of my life at that place and installed all the stainless steel handrail and glass guardrail. I rode inside the exhibition hall last week during the snow, too bad the owner(denver) took over on sat. That stair is huge!

a dad
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by crashmo
    Cool pic of the Convention Center expansion stairs. I spent 16 mo. of my life at that place and installed all the stainless steel handrail and glass guardrail. I rode inside the exhibition hall last week during the snow, too bad the owner(denver) took over on sat. That stair is huge!
    actually it was my buddy dave and if you could get a close look at his face you would see the look of terror on his face, apparently every time he touched his breaks he would slide, so he only breaked on the transitions, he made it though.....because he did that i had to do something stupid too, dropped a pretty big section of stairs (for me) and cleared them all in civic center park...was a fun day
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin