mtbr member
    Oct 2004

and so it begins

the form is online too, but I look forward to finding this in snail mail.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Professional Lurker
    Good luck getting into the race, let alone finishing it under 12 hours.

Sorry, I'm a little bitter. I trained my butt off a few years ago for it and I didn't win the "lottery" in order to get in and race.

Very cool race though. Glad to see people are still amped to do it!
    I have no idea what I'm talking about...But yeah, that sounds about right.

contains quinine

Two Words

Laramie Enduro
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

jl
    climb

2 more words

Vail Ultra

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Sorry you didn't get in

Quote Originally Posted by SilentK
    Good luck getting into the race, let alone finishing it under 12 hours.

Sorry, I'm a little bitter. I trained my butt off a few years ago for it and I didn't win the "lottery" in order to get in and race.

Very cool race though. Glad to see people are still amped to do it!
    If you volunteer with any of the other events you will "most likely" get in. You should consider the Silver Rush 50 too, a lot of people think it's just as hard or harder than the 100. I have done the Silver Rush the last 3 years and my wife works an aid station. I think her help helps me into the 100. I'm going in for the rematch on the 100 after a back injury 2 weeks before the race forced me out at mile 60.

A few people I ride with did the Enduro last year, I think I'm going to do that this year too, sounds like a fun race.

contains quinine
    I'm real fond of Laramie. One of these days I'll have to try one of those popular races.

Of course then I'd have to, say, train or something.

locked - time out
    I only saw info for the '04 race on the site above (Laramie Enduro) - it might be fun to race in the "Blown riders on freeride rigs" class.

I saw a guy who'd raced the 24 of Moab, solo, on a Super 8 two years ago - it could be done.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

SS at Laramie

Quote Originally Posted by Debaser
    I'm real fond of Laramie. One of these days I'll have to try one of those popular races.

Of course then I'd have to, say, train or something.
    Is it SSable. I'm havn't been riding SS too long. I ride a 33:18 around here and there are only a few stretches I can't make it up. Now over 60 miles, that may be a different story!

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by mateomtb
    Is it SSable. I'm havn't been riding SS too long. I ride a 33:18 around here and there are only a few stretches I can't make it up. Now over 60 miles, that may be a different story!
    That's a thought - I should have the SS built up pretty quick here, of course, I expect it to weigh in @ 30+, but...

mtbr member

Have to agree on this one, Vail ultra is an ass kicker. Leadville is just damn

tough! Do 'em back to back and there ain't nothing tougher.

contains quinine
    A buddy got third ss and something like 30ish overall @ Laramie.

His bike. Not his tongue.

SS Chimp

Idea! SS in 2004

mateomtb - get stoked and do leadville on a the SS and throw the silver rush in as well.

me, with the silver helmet, behind good 'ol jim barnes. SS again this year.
    Last edited by 32x18; 01-06-2005 at 01:11 PM. Reason: image
    all single...all the time

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Were you one of those guys

Quote Originally Posted by 32x18
    mateomtb - get stoked and do leadville on a the SS and throw the silver rush in as well.

me, with the silver helmet, behind good 'ol jim barnes. SS again this year.
    I saw spinning away like a hamster on the downhill from the start of the 100? Then cranking by everyone up the first climb. I'm for sure thinking about doing the silver rush SS this year, but I don't know about the 100. SR seems perfect as there are zero flats to spin out on. I think I saw one guy this year on the silver rush who finished with a really fast time, was that you? Are you using 32:18 for these races? I think two years ago there was a dude on a fixie on SR course too, that was pretty amazing.

SS Chimp

Good job! probably was me

I saw spinning away like a hamster on the downhill from the start of the 100? I think I saw one guy this year on the silver rush who finished with a really fast time, was that you? Are you using 32:18 for these races?
    red goatee and all. I did the silver rush and, if you remove the doper (Philip Meirmeghe) I placed 5th. Got passed by 2 people on the final downhill run into the finish...such is racing the SS. I ran a 32x18 for Leadville and a 34x18 for the silver rush. I actually like the leadville on the SS and think it is a fine course for the single. When your spun out you get to actually enjoy the ride a bit more than on the geared bike, hammering for the whole 100. I found only about 8 - 15 miles on the course to not suit the single...mostly from Twin Lakes to Pipeline. Spent 30 minutes or so hanging out at pipeline, inbound, with some knee troubles so this year i hope to improve the time.
    all single...all the time