Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35
  1. #1
    Stand back
    Reputation: dbabuser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,965

    Snowmass roll call!

    Who's all going? Team Kozos will be there in force!
    After too many house projects taking up all my time, can't wait for a weekend of nothing but biking.
    Golden Bike Park

    Golden Connector Trails need your support!

  2. #2
    Awesomist™
    Reputation: Full Trucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,462
    I'm in like gelatin.
    The older I get, the faster I was.





    Punch it, Chewie.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,164
    Hells yeah, I'm there! I've heard good things about the DH and 4X courses for this weekend. It's gonna be a blast!

  4. #4
    Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Reputation: Godzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,437
    I'll be there, and I'll be riding my bicycle.
    Now with more vitriol!

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,164
    State Championships. Eyes on the prize.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #6
    Flowtronic engineer
    Reputation: shabadu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    391
    Yessir. I'm psyched to check out the new additions to the course. Anyone got details? I heard it was starting higher and finishing lower than last year (woohoo!), with possible Hell's Kitchen renovation? Full Trucker?
    I really identify with you...SO MUCH.

    "Feelin stupid? I know I am."
    "You just have to forget everything you know about gravity."
    H. Simpson

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,164
    Quote Originally Posted by shabadu
    Yessir. I'm psyched to check out the new additions to the course. Anyone got details? I heard it was starting higher and finishing lower than last year (woohoo!), with possible Hell's Kitchen renovation? Full Trucker?
    Yes, the word is that it is starting higher, finishing lower, trail renovation (Hell's Kitchen / Waterfall), and dirt brought in for airtime (jumps) on the DH course. Maintenance going on with the 4X course as well!

    More info here: http://www.racemsc.com/modules.php?n...iewtopic&t=448

  8. #8
    Out Of Control
    Reputation: jrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    244
    Looking forward to it! Hey Grant are you still stunned how fast Graves was last night? That rocked!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,164
    Quote Originally Posted by jrok
    Looking forward to it! Hey Grant are you still stunned how fast Graves was last night? That rocked!
    I guess I'm not really so much stunned. I did expect him to be blazingly fast and smooth and that's what I saw. It was really cool to talk, hang and ride with him and Justin Leov last night, tho. It will be cool to see Gravy Stains rip it up at Snowmass this weekend. There should be some good bigger name pros there! Fugghetabout the National Championships in Sonoma, CA this weekend, Snowmass and the Mountain States Cup is where it's at!

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FrontRanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,422
    So what's the 4X course like? I generally suck and struggle to keep my tires beneath me. Is this a beginner friendly course or more like Angel Fire?

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,164
    Quote Originally Posted by FrontRanger
    So what's the 4X course like? I generally suck and struggle to keep my tires beneath me. Is this a beginner friendly course or more like Angel Fire?
    The course should be mostly like last year with improved drainage and, I believe, some of the more dangerous obstacles (read the triples) have been made easier? Either way, this is definitely more of a beginner-friendly course. Definitely not as steep and everything should be easily rollable. Jason - if you are thinking about it, I would say you should definitely give it a try! It's such a blast!

  12. #12
    Stand back
    Reputation: dbabuser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,965
    Name dropper!!
    Yeah, I'm a little jealous. Of course, he was probably doing too much too fast for me to pick up anything anyway...
    And that was at Skyhigh?
    Golden Bike Park

    Golden Connector Trails need your support!

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,164
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    Name dropper!!
    Yeah, I'm a little jealous. Of course, he was probably doing too much too fast for me to pick up anything anyway...
    And that was at Skyhigh?
    Yup - skyhigh

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FrontRanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,422
    Quote Originally Posted by .thumper.
    The course should be mostly like last year with improved drainage and, I believe, some of the more dangerous obstacles (read the triples) have been made easier? Either way, this is definitely more of a beginner-friendly course. Definitely not as steep and everything should be easily rollable. Jason - if you are thinking about it, I would say you should definitely give it a try! It's such a blast!
    Cool. Thanks for the info and I think I am gonna head down. I will be the guy on a black chameleon on Saturday and a full body cast on Sunday.

  15. #15
    DWF
    DWF is offline
    Non Dual Bliss
    Reputation: DWF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,237
    We're going. DW will be racing. I'll just be hanging out and doing some rides. Any good recommendations?
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,164
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    We're going. DW will be racing. I'll just be hanging out and doing some rides. Any good recommendations?
    Awesome! It will be good to see you guys out again at a race! Sorry - I don't have any trail recommendations other than the DH and 4X courses.

  17. #17
    Flowtronic engineer
    Reputation: shabadu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    391
    Is anybody heading up Thurs night or friday am from Denver-ish and might have an extra spot for me, my bike and stuff?

    I'll be camping, so if yer headed up there, that would be a bonus.

    I might be even be able to find a lift home.

    Thanks.
    I really identify with you...SO MUCH.

    "Feelin stupid? I know I am."
    "You just have to forget everything you know about gravity."
    H. Simpson

  18. #18
    screw road bikes
    Reputation: theforsakencheezit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    294
    I'm there! See you all there!
    Full Tilt Cyclery
    GT Bicycles
    Oakley
    Sram and Co.
    Fox
    Go Fast
    MAXXIS

    I

  19. #19
    Rocket Scientist
    Reputation: bpatterson6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,012
    Have fun guys! Wish I was! Foot still isn't healed up...Waiting...

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,164
    Quote Originally Posted by shabadu
    Is anybody heading up Thurs night or friday am from Denver-ish and might have an extra spot for me, my bike and stuff?

    I'll be camping, so if yer headed up there, that would be a bonus.

    I might be even be able to find a lift home.

    Thanks.
    Sorry bro - my ride is full.

  21. #21
    i took the wheels home
    Reputation: 70-Spokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    We're going. DW will be racing. I'll just be hanging out and doing some rides. Any good recommendations?
    If you can arrange for it, the Government trail from snowmass mtn all the way to aspen is supposed to be a great ride (especially if you arrange for someone to pick you up in Aspen).

  22. #22
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,775
    Somehow my trip got fvcked by me not having the money to do it... There's maybe a 20% chance that I can con my parents into letting me do it, but it'd be a bit doubtful.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

  23. #23
    BIKES!!!!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    Somehow my trip got fvcked by me not having the money to do it... There's maybe a 20% chance that I can con my parents into letting me do it, but it'd be a bit doubtful.
    Get A Job.

    I'll be there

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rally Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    431
    Helz yeah gonna be there. Looking forward to several miles of 2 foot deep braking bumps! Be fun to get to ride the Waterfall this year.

  25. #25
    eci
    Reputation: snowskilz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,636
    i'll be there friday night. Cant wait to double some breaking bumps!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •