mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Snowmass results

Well, how was it? Fun?

How did my Mojo brethren do?
    Did that ROCKSTAR Shoesmaking get a jersey?
    Kozos?
    Everyone else?

Any good story’s to tell?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    it was as rough as it was last year, but seemed a lot dustier. Nothing was changed on course except for a crazy small table, that was pointless. Thumper got 3rd but wasn't too happy with his run and started flipping out on everyone!! kidding... but it was a great weekend. I crashed on the 2nd road crossing before the waterfall It's pretty funny how looking back at the fall it didn't seem bad... but my soreness meter tells me different!! Kozos took home 3 jerseys, and not too sure about anyone else - got out of there early

eci
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Blue
    I crashed on the 2nd road crossing before the waterfall It's pretty funny how looking back at the fall it didn't seem bad... but my soreness meter tells me different!! Kozos took home 3 jerseys, and not too sure about anyone else - got out of there early
    Dood, didnt know you crashed, we were on the way up the lift when you came down and your time was faster then the few ahead of you.

Cain had the sickest line through the waterfall, he pre jumped down the middle backsided it and flew around the corner.

Del bosco won over graves and leov. his run must of been perfect he came down with a 2.23

The mojo militia seemed to be killing it in 4x. there was almost a mojo jersey in every final. Steve crashed pretty hard in the final and seperated his shoulder. wolverine got a concussion.

I improved my time by 26 seconds from last year and almost slid off course. it was a good weekend!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Whoa... Del Bosco nice!

Great riding snowskilz!

I'm sorry to hear about Steve and Matt though.

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    I had a great time up there, but my race run was pretty rugged to say the least. I ate sh1t coming off of the upper portion of the course into the straight away before the Y (for expert / sport courses) and skipped along the ground at 40mph or so. After I got back on my bike, I figured I'd try to salvage what I could of my run, but was kinda worked and ended up going OTB right before I dropped into the waterfall. I got back on the bike, dropped into the waterfall and hammered it for at least another 600' before eating sh1t a third time - 150' from the finish. I set a new personal record this weekend - I averaged 1 crash every 65 seconds during my race run.

Apart from the obvious, it was a great weekend, the course was a blast.

Cooperman killed it this weekend, he won the jersey in the 30+ Expert MTX on Saturday, and was in second when I left the mountain on Sunday.
    Last edited by Godzilla; 07-17-2006 at 10:30 AM.
    Now with more vitriol!

Flowtronic engineer
    Yep, I love that course. I ended up with a smooth yet I guess somewhat cautious run, it felt faster than the clock showed. No worries, I'll take it as a practice run for Nat'ls.
    On another note, I figured I'd give Super D a go this weekend....and I can now say with experience....That shiz is ghey. It was a fun opportunity to rally the snot out of my trail bike w/out worrying about uphill riders, dogs, hikers, etc, but the Le Mans start is the wackest of wack. At one point I was caught pedalling behind a dude w/a full face and goggles while being yelled at by a XC fancy boy buzzing my tire. A time trial format would do wonders for that event.
    Watching the 4X was scary...much carnage...that Coop fella did kill it however with his fast twitchy steez.
    I really identify with you...SO MUCH.

"Feelin stupid? I know I am."
    "You just have to forget everything you know about gravity."
    H. Simpson

mtbr member
    This weekend was a really rough one for me. Definitely not what I was hoping for. I actually ended up crashing more this weekend than I have all year. At least none of my crashes happened during a race, but I did crash in 4x seeding which forced me to face two of the fastest guys in the semi-final (Cooperman and Cawley) where I had a horrible gate start and in turn had no chance to advance to the final. Crashing in seeding is such a hassle. I had to face the fastest guys all the way through. I was able to take the small final and come home fifth in 4x. Cooperman was absolutely a man on a mission this weekend. He was visibly the fastest in our category in the 4x and was very impressive in DH.

On Friday I had a minor crash on the DH course where I basically charlie-horsed my left thigh really bad. When I got to the bottom, I realized that I had a four inch long half-inch-wide gash there as well. Nice. Well, that cut my DH practice short on Friday and I had to deal with excruciating pain in my huge black-and-blue thigh for the rest of the weekend. I had to make a visit to the Aspen ER after 4x practice to get it checked out.

My DH run was ok except for two turns that I totally blew. I almost came to a stop in the second one I blew. I came through the finish as one of the last in our category, I didn't at all expect to be on the podium, but ended up third. Missed first place by 1.5 seconds. Zach Hughes was again the fastest (as he has been for EVERY DH race so far) and Cooperman had a great run and ended up second! I'm really stoked for him, first in 4x and second in DH. He finally put together a good DH run, it seems he's been really fast in the DH, but has somehow failed to put together a good race run.

Mojo riders in my category (Expert 30-39) placed 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 6th (Duc Nguyen and Dave Shultz coming through with some nice runs!)

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by .thumper.
    Zach Hughes was again the fastest (as he has been for EVERY DH race so far) and Cooperman had a great run and ended up second! I'm really stoked for him, first in 4x and second in DH. He finally put together a good DH run, it seems he's been really fast in the DH, but has somehow failed to put together a good race run.
    So I was wrong about Cooperman? I thought Hughes had come in behind him before I left. That's a bummer for Troy - but not much of a surprise, Zach is wicked fast.
    Now with more vitriol!

mtbr member
    As for me, I felt fast on the top then felt slow in the woods, then crashed in the same place Dave (RallyBlue) went down (WTF?). It didn't feel bad, but it was hard enough to tweak my handlebars and stem about 45 degrees from the norm making it all funky for the rest of the course including the waterfall section. Part of me gave up at that point, part of me still wanted to hammer...didn't really matter as I think I came in a second or three over the 3min mark. Lame race run, but super fun weekend!

Bring on Telluride!
    Biker? I don't even know her.

Stand back

cruiuzin

Fun weekend. I loved how you could find so many trails on the way down that were incredibly smooth and flowy. Except for the dh run, of course. I found some flow in the woods, but smooth, ah, no.
    I had some fast runs in practice, and an almost clean race run, but felt like I was out for a easy cruise. I never felt like I was about to bounce off the bike like I did in almost every practice run on the upper hi speed gnar, and it showed with a 2:56 race run. Oh well, no crashes all wkend (not including my slipped pedal on the last 4x double in seeding, but that wasn't really a crash, just embarrassing), and lots of great riding. I highly recommend making a trip there to sample the goods, esp. if you have a significant other who's not down for tech trails.
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    After riding the Sport course I was bummed that I couldn't race the Pro/Expert course. Looked challenging.....

I took 3rd in Sport and was a little bummed to find out today that the winner in Sport raced in the Expert class at Wildflower (took 3rd in her age category) and then decided to race Sport for Snowmass...And the girl that got 2nd also raced Expert last year at Keystone...I hate sandbaggers Looks like they can get away with flip flopping like that by only buying 1 Day Licenses.
    Last edited by weimie; 07-17-2006 at 06:00 PM.

pin 'er up
    Quote Originally Posted by weimie
    After riding the Sport course I was bummed that I couldn't race the Pro/Expert course. Looked challenging.....

I took 3rd in Sport and was a little bummed to find out today that the winner in Sport raced in the Expert class at Wildflower (took 3rd in her age category) and then decided to race Sport for Snowmass. And the girl that got 2nd also raced Expert last year....I hate sandbaggers Looks like they can get away with flip flopping like that by only buying 1 Day Licenses.
    If you race expert you have to buy a license and stay expert the whole year (at least in XC), you may want to report it to NORBA. It isn't right. Anyone reading this thread; sandbagging is cheating. Besides, winning beginner as a seasoned racer just isn't glorious. On the other hand; winning Sport or Expert when your ability is beginner...that just means you are brave enough to fail in search of greatness. Great job weimie, you took 2nd!!
    Black Sheep...where it'ss at!!
    "I'm not known for my patience. Patience is a polite quality and often appropriate, but it rarely gets things done. Impatience, however, is the hunger for results and intolerance for excuses and delays." LA

mtbr member
    Hey thanks for the props guy's this is T-Coop had a good weekend ! Took the 4x jursey and missed the DH one by .400 to the man Zach. I felt slow and conservative compared to Angel Fire . I washed out in the top turn before the colvert jump and could not get cliped back in for the final straight before the corse split and had to take it easy. Allmost past Evan at the bottom but was not held up by it at all. All in all was surprised with that time. Great racing but was VERY unhappy getting back to the Coop'a' Dayinn camper at 10 PM after the 4x awards. Grant good job this weekend as usual.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Results are up on MSC. It was a great weekend. I just gotta' say that I'm especially proud of my son racing in Junior Sport. He was PINNING it on his hardtail and ran a 3:03 with nothing more than a Pike up front! Watching him careening down the brake bumps through the speed section below the big culvert and into the woods was worth the whole weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcolo96
    Hey thanks for the props guy's this is T-Coop had a good weekend ! Took the 4x jursey and missed the DH one by .400 to the man Zach. I felt slow and conservative compared to Angel Fire . I washed out in the top turn before the colvert jump and could not get cliped back in for the final straight before the corse split and had to take it easy. Allmost past Evan at the bottom but was not held up by it at all. All in all was surprised with that time. Great racing but was VERY unhappy getting back to the Coop'a' Dayinn camper at 10 PM after the 4x awards. Grant good job this weekend as usual.
    That's awesome! I was glad for all the suspension I had on the brake bumps!

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    Results are up on MSC. It was a great weekend. I just gotta' say that I'm especially proud of my son racing in Junior Sport. He was PINNING it on his hardtail and ran a 3:03 with nothing more than a Pike up front! Watching him careening down the brake bumps through the speed section below the big culvert and into the woods was worth the whole weekend.
    That's sweet. Good thing he's less grounded these days!
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    Right on! I'm really stoked to hear that he did well! Wow - 3:03 with a hard-tail and a singlecrown! I'm not sure I'd have the cajones to attempt that racing, much less be talented enough to get that kind of time! Sorry I missed you up there this weekend, will you be in Telluride in a couple weeks? We'll have to hang out sometime if so...