mtbr member

Snowmass G3 Gravity Races MSC

This weekend.....who's in? I just flagged the 2nd DH which will be a modified version of the Scorched DH which has not been ridden in many years (RED ON THE ATTACHMENT). The very popular and raved about Pro DH will be in full effect as well (WHITE ON THE ATTACHMENT). The 6-Pack will also run again.

I think everyone will enjoy the Scorched DH, and the SD will be all new and exciting(BLUE ON THE ATTACHMENT). Details on the Scorched DH....It will share the same start as the Pro DH, then at the top of Coney Glade chair will take a trail call K.A.R. KAR is techy and fast..a few tree sections and open rocky ski runs. Then you will enter the Govt Trail which is very fast, you will then go left on the Pro DH for a short section then connect with the very popular Scorched DH with Jumps and berms. After Scorched, you will reconnect with the PRO DH to the finish. The finish will be shared by all 3 courses. This new Luge SD will be super fun, super long, and provide a little bit of everything for everyone. The SD will include a special surprise at the final section of the course. Hope to see you there.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...=1#post1943213

Please click on this link to get a google earth of all courses. The file is too big for MTBR

Oh...I almost forgot. We will be accepting PREMIER FULL-SEASON PASSES for this event. So if you have this pass from the winter, no need to buy a lift ticket.
    Last edited by nitro1; 08-05-2008 at 03:37 PM.

Living the High Life
    So do they all start the same, or does the SD start where DH1 and DH2 split?

Is the SD going to be more DH with some "pedally" sections, or will it be some actual climbs leaning more toward standard SD? I'm wondering because if there are no climbs, I may not bring my standard SD bike and just ride it on my DH rig.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member
    The plan right now is to use the same SD as Blast which will be more traditional SD. It will start in a different spot than DH1 and DH2. It will start at the Ullrhof Restaurant further down the hill.

mtbr member
    We'll make every attempt to remove any semblance of climbing from the Snowmass G3 SD. With that said, the trail network 'is what it is' and you may encounter some pedally sections.

MM
    Support Open Space!

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by nitro1
    The plan right now is to use the same SD as Blast which will be more traditional SD. It will start in a different spot than DH1 and DH2. It will start at the Ullrhof Restaurant further down the hill.
    Cool, thanks for the info. Looks like I'll bring both bikes like I was hoping would be the case.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

Rocket Scientist
    It would be cool to see a G3 include 2 Dh's and 4x or DS. It's a crime going all the way to Snowmass and not racing 4x. I love the Snowmass 4x Course and DH course from Blast the mass was the sickest EVER!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bpatterson6
    It would be cool to see a G3 include 2 Dh's and 4x or DS. It's a crime going all the way to Snowmass and not racing 4x. I love the Snowmass 4x Course and DH course from Blast the mass was the sickest EVER!
    I'm guessing we'll get about 400-450 riders. How would we ever run an MX (or DS for that matter?) I think that it's a decent concept, but logistically it'd be impossible.

Mike
    Support Open Space!

rider of bicycles
    Jul 2008
    Is there an event schedule I can check out online somewhere? I can't seem to find one, and my schedule is looking tight for the weekend. Thanks in advance.

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtg7aa
    Is there an event schedule I can check out online somewhere? I can't seem to find one, and my schedule is looking tight for the weekend. Thanks in advance.
    http://www.racemsc.com/events/snowmassg3/

there you go.

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by bpatterson6
    Booo!!! SD is fun Billy. Its the gateway sport for both sides, it makes DH'ers realize XC might be fun, and XC'ers realize DH is not just for fat lazy riders.

Can't we all get along? (and ride down the mountain all at the same time)

rider of bicycles
    Jul 2008
    I'll back up the praise for SD, it's what got me into racing. I'm just a trail rider on a 32lb 6" travel bike, which wouldn't be competitive for XC nor DH, but it's perfect for SD. It's nice having a race class where a relatively inexpensive trail bike that you already have is an ideal choice to race with.

Thanks for the link to the schedule. I checked that page before and either the schedule was posted after I checked, or I had my eyes closed when I was looking at the page. You never know...

<100%
    How about using the 4x course as the final section/finish line for the SD?

mtbr member
    BUMP>>>>for major edit. Please see changes to the courses.

Luge course is now SD
    Will be using KAR and the very popular Scorched for the DH

We were out riding today and needed to add some more gnar
    Last edited by nitro1; 08-05-2008 at 03:56 PM.

Awesomist™
    Quote Originally Posted by nitro1
    BUMP>>>>for major edit. Please see changes to the courses.

Luge course is now SD
    Will be using KAR and the very popular Scorched for the DH

We were out riding today and needed to add some more knar

You mean GNAR? Gnar that can be SHRALPED?

Perfect!
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

mtbr member
    Thanks E,

need to get up with the cool. Edit made

rider of bicycles
    Jul 2008
    Anybody want to do some ride sharing from the Morrison Park-and-Ride lots? The only issue is that I have to come back on Saturday night instead of Sunday.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu
    Can't we all get along? (and ride down the mountain all at the same time)
    No. The monkeys must be divided.

We must have Gladiators for the Circus and Slaves to bake the bread.

The monkeys must never be allowed to unite and become a threat to the owners of the Bread Factory.

They must be mute and controlled, and the best way to do this is to keep them mesmerized by the other trained monkeys and fighting amongst themselves.

[edit] nar Gnar LOL! Welcome to the Newspeak effing dictionary.

Hey Nitro, Got Bread and Circuses, "gladiator"?

"need to get up with the cool" effing pathetically hilarious!

Snarf!
    Last edited by BonzoBanzai; 08-06-2008 at 07:28 AM.