Stand back

Sniff... It has begun

I finally got over my busted knee self pity enough to start stripping the Titus down and getting 'er ready to sell. Feels kinda funny cause I really liked the way I had it set up, and I know whatever I replace it with won't be as good a trail bike. This thing freaking rocked on the ride down at Palmer w/ Kristian - felt like I was almost cheating. But guess that's the point - a good trail bike doesn't = a good FR/DH bike. Ahh well, maybe a hardtail will take my mind off of it... Not to mention that I won't be able to ride anything for a little while anyway. Yeah, not quite completely over the self pity just yet...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

locked - time out
    Sorry I wasn't able to get those movies over to you today, it was a hectic afternoon - We'll have to hookup sometime soon so you have fuel for the downtime- I've got them in my car now.

eci
    wow i feel your pain, but your bike will find better pastures and your new bike will be hitting bigger drops

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    I finally got over my busted knee self pity enough to start stripping the Titus down and getting 'er ready to sell. Feels kinda funny cause I really liked the way I had it set up, and I know whatever I replace it with won't be as good a trail bike. This thing freaking rocked on the ride down at Palmer w/ Kristian - felt like I was almost cheating. But guess that's the point - a good trail bike doesn't = a good FR/DH bike. Ahh well, maybe a hardtail will take my mind off of it... Not to mention that I won't be able to ride anything for a little while anyway. Yeah, not quite completely over the self pity just yet...
    That's how I felt packing up my bighit last summer..... Wish I still had that bike but I love my V-10.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Stand back

de nada

Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    Sorry I wasn't able to get those movies over to you today, it was a hectic afternoon - We'll have to hookup sometime soon so you have fuel for the downtime- I've got them in my car now.
    No problem, I was busy doing... something. I know tearing my bike down only took a little while, but I have no clue where the rest of the day went.
    Anyway, just let me know when it's easy to meet. I work in downtown Littleton if that makes things any easier.
    How'd the drop patrol go? I felt guilty for not going, but it's probly better I don't push my luck too much w/ uneven surfaces. You get pictures/ video anyway?
    Golden Bike Park

Stand back

like giving up your baby?

Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    That's how I felt packing up my bighit last summer..... Wish I still had that bike but I love my V-10.
    Your Bighit weighed 55 lbs? It must have felt like you'd given birth, riding around on a 10 lb lighter bike. And here I felt like a man for pedaling around a 35lb bike...
    Golden Bike Park

Hairshirt Rider
    I couldn't do it. I thought about selling my SB when I got my big bike, but it never happened. Of course the last time i rode it was in mid October when I was out in Fruita.....

What's the replacement going to be?

Cynical Bystander
    Your Bighit weighed 55 lbs? It must have felt like you'd given birth, riding around on a 10 lb lighter bike. And here I felt like a man for pedaling around a 35lb bike...
    It was atleast 55lbs, that's where the scale at the lbs stopped.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

eci
    No problem, I was busy doing... something. I know tearing my bike down only took a little while, but I have no clue where the rest of the day went.
    Anyway, just let me know when it's easy to meet. I work in downtown Littleton if that makes things any easier.
    How'd the drop patrol go? I felt guilty for not going, but it's probly better I don't push my luck too much w/ uneven surfaces. You get pictures/ video anyway?
    went good heres a pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

locked - time out
    It was alright. We got kicked out of the first spot before anyone had a chance to hit it. We ended up at some drops in Golden that were pretty fun - found some new lines, but things were getting pretty soft by 11, with the ground melting in spots. We might have some pics / video floating around, I know Todd shot some and Wes took a couple as well. I'll stick any I come across up here.

Card Carrying Member
    It was alright.
    yeah, I set a new personal best... for the largest bruise I've EVER gotten, seriously. Bad day for me, just never felt right from the time I left the house.

Our shuttle ended up consisting of doing the tripod and lots of pedaling. ugggghhh

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by kitchenware
    yeah, I set a new personal best... for the largest bruise I've EVER gotten, seriously. Bad day for me, just never felt right from the time I left the house.

Our shuttle ended up consisting of doing the tripod and lots of pedaling. ugggghhh
    That stinks - you'll have to document the bruise (assuming it's not in a place best left undocumented) I missed most of your crash, just caught a cartwhelling bike / body combination out of the corner of my eye. I hate those days when nothing feels right.

I had a strong suspicion that there was lots of tripod / backspin action to be had on Apex.

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by snowskilz
    went good heres a pic

Wes and I got the landing built out and packed for the drop right below where Rayce is standing in this photo - it looks nice. Neither one of us hit it because you couldn't ride 10 feet without getting 15lbs of mud stuck to your tires by the time it was ready - but it will be good to go the next time we're there

Card Carrying Member
    I had a strong suspicion that there was lots of tripod / backspin action to be had on Apex.
    Yeah, there is no climbing up that thing for a while. Everything that had not seen sun was fluffy and not very fun to ride in. I saw one skinny track near the bottom, but no other bikes had been on it.

pics in the patrol thread

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by kitchenware
    Yeah, there is no climbing up that thing for a while. Everything that had not seen sun was fluffy and not very fun to ride in. I saw one skinny track near the bottom, but no other bikes had been on it.

pics in the patrol thread
    I've sworn off riding Apex during the winter - it's one of the last things to dry. Last time I rode it during the winter, the friend I was riding with went careening down the steep (ice) section that Todd is on in the pics and almost plowed over two old ladies coming up from the bottom - not good.

Stand back

bigger drops indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Loudpawlz
    I couldn't do it. I thought about selling my SB when I got my big bike, but it never happened. Of course the last time i rode it was in mid October when I was out in Fruita.....

What's the replacement going to be?
    Right now I'm thinking the IH 7 Point. Although I could still be persuaded if I found a good deal on a Titus S'moto, but the 1.5 headtube on the 7 Point makes it a bit more versatile, and the uninterrupted seat tube would be nice, too. And I'm counting on the DW link magic to make it nearly self propelled up hills. That is what his bikes do, right?
    Nice sequence shot, once again Todd. How long you guys ride for?
    Golden Bike Park

eci
    Right now I'm thinking the IH 7 Point. Although I could still be persuaded if I found a good deal on a Titus S'moto, but the 1.5 headtube on the 7 Point makes it a bit more versatile, and the uninterrupted seat tube would be nice, too. And I'm counting on the DW link magic to make it nearly self propelled up hills. That is what his bikes do, right?
    Nice sequence shot, once again Todd. How long you guys ride for?
    less than 2 hrs, not long at all, it was a good time, when you heal up we'll go.

Stand back

it's bonafide

less than 2 hrs, not long at all, it was a good time, when you heal up we'll go.
    Finally got around to spending the $4, so I thought I'd push it here on y'all.
    Titus Switchblade up for sale. Awesome trailbike, 5.25" travel with Pushed AVA Float, and in great shape - less than a season of use. Only a couple rides on the shock since I had the oil and nitrogen changed, too.
    I will be sad to see 'er go, but gotta make room for a bike I can do real damage to myself on.
    Golden Bike Park

eci
    Finally got around to spending the $4, so I thought I'd push it here on y'all.
    Titus Switchblade up for sale. Awesome trailbike, 5.25" travel with Pushed AVA Float, and in great shape - less than a season of use. Only a couple rides on the shock since I had the oil and nitrogen changed, too.
    I will be sad to see 'er go, but gotta make room for a bike I can do real damage to myself on.
    im happy and sad for ya, happy bc your going to be getting a 7 point sad because your baby that can take an 8 foot drop is going bye bye

Cynical Bystander
    im happy and sad for ya, happy bc your going to be getting a 7 point sad because your baby that can take an 8 foot drop is going bye bye
    He's doing the same thing I did like almost 2 years ago.... giving in to the awesome feeling of big bikes.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Stand back

Thanks

I'm sure I'll get over it once I have a bike built up again. I like my roadbike, love my bmx, but there's a void without a 26" fat tire bike built up in the garage. I spose I could throw the old AMP fork back on my Trek 930, but that would be kinda pointless, as I can't do anything more than just cruise around the neighborhood, and it really feels funny with that fork on there anyway. Can't believe I rode that bike for 3 years out here...
    Got some 7 Point build questions, but guess I'll PM ya.
    Golden Bike Park

eci
    I'm sure I'll get over it once I have a bike built up again. I like my roadbike, love my bmx, but there's a void without a 26" fat tire bike built up in the garage. I spose I could throw the old AMP fork back on my Trek 930, but that would be kinda pointless, as I can't do anything more than just cruise around the neighborhood, and it really feels funny with that fork on there anyway. Can't believe I rode that bike for 3 years out here...
    Got some 7 Point build questions, but guess I'll PM ya.
    or gimme a call 303-513-0816