Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 57
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Funrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,738

    Slow Sunday ride, wanna join?

    I want to go play at Indian Creek Sunday. Anyone wanna join? I am a slow rider, just FYI.

  2. #2
    Alaskan in exile.
    Reputation: nanook93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    434
    Maybe... I haven't had a chance to ride IC yet this season. I've been itching to get out there, but I have some other things on the schedule this weekend too. What's your plan (timing and route)?
    nanook93
    Ride what you like, like what you ride.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by nanook93 View Post
    Maybe... I haven't had a chance to ride IC yet this season. I've been itching to get out there, but I have some other things on the schedule this weekend too. What's your plan (timing and route)?
    Im heading there tomorrow also if anyone is interested, maybe ill go sunday to.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Funrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,738
    Quote Originally Posted by nanook93 View Post
    Maybe... I haven't had a chance to ride IC yet this season. I've been itching to get out there, but I have some other things on the schedule this weekend too. What's your plan (timing and route)?
    I want to go in the Morning. Trailhead somewhere around 8 - 8:30

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    413
    I might be in but man was that a tough lap, what trails are you riding.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,844
    I've got a meetup ride for Dedisse /3 Sisters/Evergreen Mountain. I may bail to go hit IC with since I'm slower than going backwards on the ups... Gonna go play at Deer Crik tomorrow
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    74
    I might be up for it. I'm crazy slow!

  8. #8
    The 5th knuckle
    Reputation: jaycastlerock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,610
    AHHHHHH... I would love to hook up and ride IC but I will be on a 6 hour beer tour sunday..... ride.... beer tour.... ride..... beer tour.... Sorry. Beer tour wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando Gutierrez
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.

  9. #9
    Alaskan in exile.
    Reputation: nanook93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycastlerock View Post
    AHHHHHH... I would love to hook up and ride IC but I will be on a 6 hour beer tour sunday..... ride.... beer tour.... ride..... beer tour.... Sorry. Beer tour wins.
    If you were doing it right: AND > OR
    nanook93
    Ride what you like, like what you ride.

  10. #10
    Alaskan in exile.
    Reputation: nanook93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by Funrover View Post
    I want to go in the Morning. Trailhead somewhere around 8 - 8:30
    The timing would work for me. Are you thinking about going down to the top of Waterton Canyon and back up past the bench (CT), or back up Steven's Gulch?
    nanook93
    Ride what you like, like what you ride.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Funrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    I've got a meetup ride for Dedisse /3 Sisters/Evergreen Mountain. I may bail to go hit IC with since I'm slower than going backwards on the ups... Gonna go play at Deer Crik tomorrow
    So many options, so little time!

    Quote Originally Posted by rocco1109 View Post
    I might be up for it. I'm crazy slow!
    Same here, don't worry about it!

    Quote Originally Posted by jaycastlerock View Post
    AHHHHHH... I would love to hook up and ride IC but I will be on a 6 hour beer tour sunday..... ride.... beer tour.... ride..... beer tour.... Sorry. Beer tour wins.
    I see a challenge.. Just sayin!

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kosayno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    983
    I'll be up there tomorrow too but it's not gonna be a slow ride though cause I'm helping a friend train for the Gunnison Growler. We're starting at the Gaskill bridge riding the CT towards Waterton till it hooks up with IC at Lenny's rest and then ride all the IC trails with the exception of the fire road on east side of 800. It's gonna be an all day sufferfest so I hope to run into you at least once to catch up about that bike project.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Funrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,738
    Quote Originally Posted by kosayno View Post
    I'll be up there tomorrow too but it's not gonna be a slow ride though cause I'm helping a friend train for the Gunnison Growler. We're starting at the Gaskill bridge riding the CT towards Waterton till it hooks up with IC at Lenny's rest and then ride all the IC trails with the exception of the fire road on east side of 800. It's gonna be an all day sufferfest so I hope to run into you at least once to catch up about that bike project.
    Sounds good to me. I will start on the Rampart Side and keep an eye out!

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Funrover View Post
    I want to go in the Morning. Trailhead somewhere around 8 - 8:30
    At the 'T' junction of Hwy 67 and Rampart Range Rd?
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Funrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    At the 'T' junction of Hwy 67 and Rampart Range Rd?
    Yup! That is the spot! You in?

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Funrover View Post
    Yup! That is the spot! You in?
    In.
    Gunmetal gray Civic w/ a Thule T2 rack, canary yellow bike w/ red bits.

    Say, I have no idea the scope of IC...mileage, type of trail...any links? Kosayno sent me a hand-drawn map a while back...and I'll have that on hand, but no scaling on it...

    Edit: nevermind, found the "Trails" link again
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Funrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    In.
    Gunmetal gray Civic w/ a Thule T2 rack, canary yellow bike w/ red bits.

    Say, I have no idea the scope of IC...mileage, type of trail...any links? Kosayno sent me a hand-drawn map a while back...and I'll have that on hand, but no scaling on it...

    Edit: nevermind, found the "Trails" link again
    Will be in an old multi colored Benz. Yakima. Either a black or a blue bike.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by Funrover View Post
    Yup! That is the spot! You in?
    Thats the no fee lot on the right before you go down hill to indian creek trailhead right.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Funrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,738
    Quote Originally Posted by richccc View Post
    Thats the no fee lot on the right before you go down hill to indian creek trailhead right.
    Yuppers!

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,844
    About an hour travel time from Golden to trail head?
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Funrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    About an hour travel time from Golden to trail head?
    According to google maps 52 min!

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    About an hour travel time from Golden to trail head?
    Pau11y, do you want to carpool? I'm in Golden too. Well, technically West Arvada near W64th and Quaker. I can carry two bikes on my roof.

  23. #23
    Alaskan in exile.
    Reputation: nanook93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    434
    Clearance received, I'm in. I'll be at the no-fee trailhead tomorrow morning in a green Honda Pilot with a red Niner on it!
    nanook93
    Ride what you like, like what you ride.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    413
    I'm out have to go bid a job, have fun looks like cooler weather should be fun, might pass you guys coming out think i'm going to head over around 1.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,844
    Quote Originally Posted by rocco1109 View Post
    Pau11y, do you want to carpool? I'm in Golden too. Well, technically West Arvada near W64th and Quaker. I can carry two bikes on my roof.
    I have a cold...might not want to be cooped up in a confined space w/ my typhoid-ass. Also, if I fly up alone, then if I turn lunger, I can just turn around and head out and now wait for you guys to finish.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    74
    Thanks for not infecting me! I'll see you guys up there. White Subaru Legacy wagon with black Ibis

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Funrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,738
    I know I started this post, but I just had a friend drop in on a surprise visit from Kansas. I don't have a bike tall enough for him. So I am currently out. I am sorry. I will make it up.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,844
    Still in...
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

  29. #29
    Old, Slow and now FAT! :)
    Reputation: TheNormsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,364
    Hey I'm going to come!

    I'm probably going to look dorky as all my good cycling kit is covered in mud and is in the wash Blue Acura with a yellow and black bike (like Pau11y's)

  30. #30
    Old, Slow and now FAT! :)
    Reputation: TheNormsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,364
    Ah, just read funover's last post, anyone else know the trails there?

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,844
    I'm out. Had to resort to vikes to control my hacking so I can sleep, after trying to go up Lookout Mtn yesterday. Only got up to Windy Saddle...
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

  32. #32
    Old, Slow and now FAT! :)
    Reputation: TheNormsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,364
    I'm still in (is it only me now?) though now I'm running late. I'll more likely be there around 8:30.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,942
    The ride that fell apart. Somebody do this and post up some pics!
    So it seems to me to be, this thing that I think I see.

  34. #34
    Old, Slow and now FAT! :)
    Reputation: TheNormsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,364

    Slow Sunday ride, wanna join?

    Well it's just me. I'm going to explore ...

  35. #35
    Climbs = necessary evil
    Reputation: rogerfromco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by Funrover View Post
    I know I started this post, but I just had a friend drop in on a surprise visit from Kansas. I don't have a bike tall enough for him. So I am currently out. I am sorry. I will make it up.
    I just saw this thread and realize it's off now, but let me know next time you're heading up there. I've never ridden it and want to explore new trails this year. Being a clyde (225) I climb slow but make up for it with the help of gravity on the downhills. I'm in Lakewood and have a Thule T2 rack and a pickup, so I can carry 3-4 total in a carpool.

  36. #36
    Alaskan in exile.
    Reputation: nanook93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    434
    I dub thee all "Ditchy McAbandonpants"! Got to the TH by 8:00, waited until 8:30, and still nobody had showed. So I geared up, and when STILL no one had showed, I headed out myself. Too bad too; great weather and prime trail conditions! Very little trail traffic made for a lot of smooth flow...
    nanook93
    Ride what you like, like what you ride.

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,942
    Quote Originally Posted by nanook93 View Post
    I dub thee all "Ditchy McAbandonpants"! Got to the TH by 8:00, waited until 8:30, and still nobody had showed. So I geared up, and when STILL no one had showed, I headed out myself. Too bad too; great weather and prime trail conditions! Very little trail traffic made for a lot of smooth flow...
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    So it seems to me to be, this thing that I think I see.

  38. #38
    Alaskan in exile.
    Reputation: nanook93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

    Here you go, oh unbelieving one...

    Mountain Bike Ride Profile | 15miles near Sedalia | Times and Records | Strava
    nanook93
    Ride what you like, like what you ride.

  39. #39
    Chronic 1st-timer
    Reputation: lubes17319's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,358
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post
    The ride that fell apart. Somebody do this and post up some pics!


    Slow, Normsk & I got in a loop.
    Trailwrecker at large

  40. #40
    Alaskan in exile.
    Reputation: nanook93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    434
    So someone else did show! When did you get to the trailhead?
    nanook93
    Ride what you like, like what you ride.

  41. #41
    Old, Slow and now FAT! :)
    Reputation: TheNormsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,364

    Slow Sunday ride, wanna join?

    Well I parked at the wrong trail head. I parked in the Rampart lot not realizing there was another lot slightly done the road.

    I'm amazed that lubes and slow found me. If I hadn't stopped to redo a descent and set up my video they may not have.

    Good riding with you guys

    Ps. Slow is still faster than me on the climbs
    Last edited by TheNormsk; 05-19-2013 at 09:25 PM.

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Funrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,738
    WOO HOO!! Glad some of you got to go. I am really sorry for setting this up than bailing. I may need to store a taller bike just incase this happens again! HAHA

  43. #43
    The 5th knuckle
    Reputation: jaycastlerock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,610
    Way to get er done there. My beer tour fell through and I ended up rototilling a new garden. Grins all around. Although if Lubes comes over I'll have something for him to eat...It's all organic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando Gutierrez
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kosayno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    983
    What a great ride and Ringtail was nice and tacky.

    At the last minute I decided to take a small backpack and leave the camera at home since I've ridden there so many times. Regretting it now cause The way the sun peaked out out of the grey clouds and shined a spotlight on Roxborough S.P. with the contrast of the reds rocks and the spring greenery around was perfect. Never seen it more picturesque.

    Oh well, here's my contribution.: Untitled by kosayno at Garmin Connect - Details . Ended being a slow ride after all since we had a slower rider join in the last minute. Was a great ride overall. The weather was perfect and Ringtail was nice and tacky.

  45. #45
    Green Chile Enforcer
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    174
    This ride has my name written all over it!

    Good ride Lubes and Normsk.

  46. #46
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,735
    Quote Originally Posted by kosayno View Post
    At the last minute I decided to take a small backpack and leave the camera at home since I've ridden there so many times. Regretting it now cause The way the sun peaked out out of the grey clouds and shined a spotlight on Roxborough S.P. with the contrast of the reds rocks and the spring greenery around was perfect. Never seen it more picturesque. Oh well, here's my contribution.: Untitled by kosayno at Garmin Connect - Details . Ended being a slow ride after all since we had a slower rider join in the last minute.
    You know... that route is a pretty brilliant way to ride IC.

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kosayno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    983
    It's my favorite way to do it. I just figured it's the same drive time vs. going to a crowded Buff Creek and Ringtail descend is much better than Sandy Wash IMO. And that 4 mile downhill back to the Platte is just pure awesome. We did have to cut Steven's Gulch and west side of 800 out because one rider wasn't feeling it after the hike-a-bike after the no name trail parallel Steven's.

  48. #48
    The Notorious S.L.O
    Reputation: btadlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Funrover View Post
    I know I started this post, but I just had a friend drop in on a surprise visit from Kansas. I don't have a bike tall enough for him. So I am currently out. I am sorry. I will make it up.
    Rover, if you are need a loaner tall bike, hit me up, have a 23in HT and a 22.5 FS in the garage mixed in with the 11 others out there that my wife is now fully aware of.
    BT
    11 Trek Hifi Delux 23in
    05 Giant NRS 22.5in
    Evergreen Co.
    "All I need is.......two wheels and the truth."

  49. #49
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,735
    Quote Originally Posted by kosayno View Post
    It's my favorite way to do it. I just figured it's the same drive time vs. going to a crowded Buff Creek and Ringtail descend is much better than Sandy Wash IMO. And that 4 mile downhill back to the Platte is just pure awesome. We did have to cut Steven's Gulch and west side of 800 out because one rider wasn't feeling it after the hike-a-bike after the no name trail parallel Steven's.
    Ha! I didn't look closely enough to see that you nutjobs didn't ride the "normal" 800 out of Lenny's...

    NUTJOBS, I tell ya!

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DoubleHelix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    95
    How were the riding conditions out there? Might be going there this weekend, hopefully the rain will dry up by then.

    @ Funrover
    I can hook your friend up with a Demo bike if you need.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Easy/slow/n00b ride @ Patapcso Sunday 9/9/12?
    By TonyB. in forum Virginia, WV, Maryland, DC, Delaware
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-05-2012, 02:57 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-16-2011, 01:30 PM
  3. Gauley Mountain Sunday Aug 7th, wanna ride?
    By imfullerRVA in forum Virginia, WV, Maryland, DC, Delaware
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-05-2011, 08:27 PM
  4. P.A.S. Join us on an Epic Adventure Sunday
    By Asheville YetiRider in forum North & South Carolina
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-24-2011, 06:57 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2011, 04:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •