mtbr member

Slickrock Thanxgiving Pot Luck

The Bunny family (1 ten year old and wife who rides "some") will be camping at slickrock over Thanxgiving Wednesday thru Sunday, we are trying to put together a pot luck for Thursday, anyone interested?

Yes I'm aware of the other thread ( Thanksgiving Moab Invite ) but it sounds like they're going to be hoteling it and I'd rather camp right at slickrock.

Bad Andy
    Quote Originally Posted by screamingbunny
    Yes I'm aware of the other thread but it sounds like they're going to be hoteling it and I'd rather camp right at slickrock.
    I would rather camp too, but the wife will win this time, and we'll stay indoors!
    Just because we will be in a hotel, and you'll be camping, we can't hang?!?
    Heck ya, we'd be interested in joining in on the potluck.
    Will check with the wife and figure out our plan for the T-Giv feast.
    What you got for accomodations? Camper with stove? Tent with camp stove???
    We can bring a camp stove. Can cook up a turkey earlier in the week and bring it or something.
    Will be in touch...
    PS - 10 yr old boy or girl? - I'll be bringing my 10 yr old boy and 13 yr old girl - and wife that rides VERY LITTLE...!!! (trying - without much success - to change that)...

mtbr member

heck yeh

we'll have our camper with 2 gas stoves and I'm looking at getting a deep fat fryer for the turkey

10 year old girl, maybe the wives could go for a ride, mine has riden out there a bit and might be able to motivate yours to ride a bit more.

Bad Andy
    OK cool - we are in!
    We will be driving out Wed eve, and staying until Sun morn - will stop in Fruita for a ride Sunday before finishing the drive.
    So can meet at your campsite whenever on Thurs. Let us know when and what to bring.
    For one thing, my wife volunteered a pecan pie - she makes killer pecan pies (yes - she likes pie - and so do I!)
    We can buy the turkey if you want. I guess they fry up pretty quick in the deep fryers huh?

mtbr member

did you say Pie?

mmmmmm....pie. good to have you on board, as this thing shapes up we'll figure out the menu....BUT WERE FRYIN' A TURKEY!!!!!!!! almost feels like I need a mullet

Bad Andy
    I used to have the best mullet ever. Well, techincally I guess it wasn't a mullet, more along the lines of flock of seagulls type thing.
    Anyway, look forward to it - re-post here later, or PM me.

mtbr member

Plans are progressing

Things are going swimmingly on my end, we've got another family on tap, two boys 13 and 15, the family doesn't ride much but are fun to camp with. Got the pop up camper furnace working for the first time, think were gonna need it for Moab at t-giving time. Found a carremel/walnut appple pie at Sams club.

Big problem, where's a tax paying, mullet wearing (in sprit), mt biker to find a gas turkey fryer? I've tried Sams club, Wallmart, Target, Lowes, and Checkers no luck. This type of quality culinary hard ware should be sold everywhere, must be a global warming thing...it's all Hillary’s fault

Andy pm for a phone number so we can figure out a menu.

Bad Andy
    PM sent.

Manmountain - you in?

Anyone else?

Come one now - don't be shy - I'm sure some of you people must be headed to Moab for T-Giv and will be hungry!!!

bacon! bacon! bacon!

Big problem, where's a tax paying, mullet wearing (in sprit), mt biker to find a gas turkey fryer? I've tried Sams club, Wallmart, Target, Lowes, and Checkers no luck. This type of quality culinary hard ware should be sold everywhere, must be a global warming thing...it's all Hillary’s fault
    Did you check Sportsman's Warehouse? They out-redneck even Walmart.

And your wife's gonna kick your ass when it's snowing in Moab for T-giving.

mtbr member
    Bass Pro Shop will have a Turkey Fryer.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...=TOP_SEARCH_GO

mtbr member

Score!!!!!!!

I can now fry up to 18 lbs of turkey!!!!!! Now all I need is for someone to bring the PBR, just can't bring myself to purchase that pi$$ I WILL be stopping off and picking up an assortment of growlers at the brew house in Fruita

So far the ride agenda include full Slick rock ride, Amasa Back w the wife, maybe Gemini Bridges shuttle with the "non riding" family, might also squeeze in sovereign or Porc. Probably hit up some Fruita on the way home Sunday.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    I can now fry up to 18 lbs of turkey!!!!!! Now all I need is for someone to bring the PBR, just can't bring myself to purchase that pi$$ I WILL be stopping off and picking up an assortment of growlers at the brew house in Fruita
    Ummm.... what brew house in Fruita? The one downtown is no more...

Bad Andy
    screaming bunny - PM sent

mtbr member

Canx

Dammit!! looks like the weather is gonna stop me. The snow couldn't be happening at a worse time or place, if it snowed while we were in Moab, no problem, snowed this week end, no problem, but I'm not to thrilled about trying to haul a 2000 lbs trailer over Eisenhower and Vail passes during a snow storm. Oh well beer drinking, football watching and turkey frying will have to happen at the Casa De Bunny. Sorry for the let down for any planning on attending.