mtbr member

slalom race noon sunday

there will be an informal slalom race sunday at noon. the meeting place will be the evergreen library (right by the turn off hwy 73 to alderfer/3 sis). thats just to consolidate and carpool to the house which is 2 miles away. it should be great fun and we will shuttle afterwards.
    the course has about 16 turns and 6 jumps and three drops. and a starting gate/platform. there are jumps and stuff to play on nearby.
    pm me if your in. im hoping some or most of you who have been there will show up.

Cynical Bystander
    Mark I should be able to go. Do you think that the shuttling could possibly be done by around 4:30ish? I have obligations to attend to at around then and don't think I can miss them. Plus I have homework.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    Mark I should be able to go. Do you think that the shuttling could possibly be done by around 4:30ish? I have obligations to attend to at around then and don't think I can miss them. Plus I have homework.
    it depends on how many guys show up. and its only shuttling local xc trails on dj bikes so its not that important. you will like the backyard a lot more than that.

if anyone is interested in going but has not been to scotts house pm me to get the 411.

I can't ride 45!
    So at the library at noon? If I miss the meetup where should I head?

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by dream4est
    it depends on how many guys show up. and its only shuttling local xc trails on dj bikes so its not that important. you will like the backyard a lot more than that.

if anyone is interested in going but has not been to scotts house pm me to get the 411.
    Mark what's the 411 that is needed? I know a while ago Todd had told me about some waiver thing...is that what you're referring to?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonb
    So at the library at noon? If I miss the meetup where should I head?
    notice to all that we will meet at 1230 not 12 noon.

im trying to limit the number of cars at the house which is why im asking EVERYONE to meet there, even if you have already been to scotts house. i am going to go shuttling with snowskilz sunday morning so we are going to push the meeting time back to 1230pm. i will be there at the library lot at 1230. call me if for some reason you miss us.

mark 720-635-7429

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dream4est
    notice to all that we will meet at 1230 not 12 noon.

im trying to limit the number of cars at the house which is why im asking EVERYONE to meet there, even if you have already been to scotts house. i am going to go shuttling with snowskilz sunday morning so we are going to push the meeting time back to 1230pm. i will be there at the library lot at 1230. call me if for some reason you miss us.

mark 720-635-7429
    If I make it (would be a tentative maybe), I wouldn't be up there 'til around 2 or so. Maybe I'll find something else to ride. Probably too late.

Stand back

Where'd ya go?

Quote Originally Posted by .thumper.
    If I make it (would be a tentative maybe), I wouldn't be up there 'til around 2 or so. Maybe I'll find something else to ride. Probably too late.
    You missed out on my hateful display of mediocrity. But I did learn how to throw around a dh bike some...
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    You missed out on my hateful display of mediocrity. But I did learn how to throw around a dh bike some...
    Yeah - missed it. Had some other obligations, but I was planning on bringing only the DH bike up there next time anyway. I think getting fast on the DS course there on a DH bike would be some really good skills work.

mtbr member

Missed it again

Mark-
    When is the next little racing party. It is a party, right. Was on the planet Moab.
    Would like to get back up there soon though.

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by .thumper.
    Yeah - missed it. Had some other obligations, but I was planning on bringing only the DH bike up there next time anyway. I think getting fast on the DS course there on a DH bike would be some really good skills work.
    Grant you totally missed me beating Todd when he challenged me to a DS race. (After we'd both gotten eliminated from the main races) It was sweet.

And Scott was cool enough to let me ride his Cowan FS the whole afternoon too since my hardtail wasn't up to the job (damn me and my cheap parts build with no front brake and weaksauce backbrake)
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Flowtronic engineer
    Yessir, a DH bike is a fine thing up there at Scotts. Its money through the first sets of turns, a bit slow over the woopties in the straight, but you can let it run down the last 1/3 of both courses. That was some fun racing on Sunday. I was suprised at how even both courses ran. The races are tight to the end if nobody makes mistakes.
    I finally sacked up and hit the right side dubs...and now I'm hopelessly addicted. They are super fun on a big bike, no brake checking between jumps...although that could change when the wind isn't in my face.
    Thanks again, Scott and Mark. I talked to Tahoe Kevin (Kidwoo) today, his shoulder isn't functioning too well but he said it feels alot better this pm than it did this am.
    I really identify with you...SO MUCH.

"Feelin stupid? I know I am."
    "You just have to forget everything you know about gravity."
    H. Simpson

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by shabadu
    Yessir, a DH bike is a fine thing up there at Scotts. Its money through the first sets of turns, a bit slow over the woopties in the straight, but you can let it run down the last 1/3 of both courses. That was some fun racing on Sunday. I was suprised at how even both courses ran. The races are tight to the end if nobody makes mistakes.
    I finally sacked up and hit the right side dubs...and now I'm hopelessly addicted. They are super fun on a big bike, no brake checking between jumps...although that could change when the wind isn't in my face.
    Thanks again, Scott and Mark. I talked to Tahoe Kevin (Kidwoo) today, his shoulder isn't functioning too well but he said it feels alot better this pm than it did this am.
    It was a blast, I just have to step it up and hit those jumps soon .

That sucks about Kevin's shoulder, him and I were thinking of riding a bit before he left.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

mtbr member
    Shadadu, are you the guy on the Kona DH bike? Sorry, I don't remember your name. And I know of the name Kidwoo, that was Kevin the other guy who jacked his shoulder (not Shawn)?

Sunday was fun times! I didn't know it would be that much fun. I was the guy on the white Nomad (Ryan). Can't wait to get back up there again! Maybe next time I'll drink a little less...hmm...prolly not...

Special thanks to Scott for having us up there!
    Biker? I don't even know her.

Flowtronic engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by SylentK
    Shadadu, are you the guy on the Kona DH bike? Sorry, I don't remember your name. And I know of the name Kidwoo, that was Kevin the other guy who jacked his shoulder (not Shawn)?

Sunday was fun times! I didn't know it would be that much fun. I was the guy on the white Nomad (Ryan). Can't wait to get back up there again! Maybe next time I'll drink a little less...hmm...prolly not...

Yep on both counts. That'd be me...aka Joe, on the Kona, and Kevin on the DOC.
    Its a fine balance of beer, adrenaline, water, red bull, etc...that allows one to get loose and relax and ride well and maybe step it up a bit while still seeing straight and holding onto the handlebars.
    I really identify with you...SO MUCH.

"Feelin stupid? I know I am."
    "You just have to forget everything you know about gravity."
    H. Simpson

Stand back

dayum

Quote Originally Posted by SylentK

Wow, kidwoo and shabadu... So I was hangin w/ famous peeps and didn't know it? Fak. Nice to meet ya!
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!