Thread: Skeeter Coast

eci

Skeeter Coast

Is probably the funnest trail around. doubles whoops big berms, what more could you ask for. Pics to come soon and a lil video.

Anyone up for keystone next weekend?

Cynical Bystander
    What day next weekend? I might be able to, depends on what's happenin, and $$$.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

mtbr member
    well todd where are the pix? i was wondering since you say the coast is nice how are the other blue/green lines?

eci
    Quote Originally Posted by dream4est
    well todd where are the pix? i was wondering since you say the coast is nice how are the other blue/green lines?
    j's got the pics on his camera, so hopefully he posts them soon, until then here is a pic of jerry comin screamin for the last dbl at cb
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stand back

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by snowskilz
    j's got the pics on his camera, so hopefully he posts them soon, until then here is a pic of jerry comin screamin for the last dbl at cb
    That's a cool pic, thanks! Dunno bout the screaming part, tho - probly too much brakes in that whole last section...
    And contrary to what everyone else says, I had fun at WP yesterday. Nothing new built yet 'cept for the dj's at the bottom. They moved 'em this year, now there's two big lines, and they are downhill! Plus another really easy set of tables off to the side. But the most fun part of wp is the jumps at the top, the first ladder jump you can pretty much go as fast/ far as you want with a sweet landing. Prices did go up this year to $22, so I hope they're adding more stuff to justify the increase, but still the cheapest for decent lift assisted riding in the front range...

So what's the word on Keystone? New stuff?
    Last edited by dbabuser; 07-04-2005 at 08:31 PM.
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

eci
    video should be in my email as i type. as soon as i get it posted on rpr i will throw a linky up here

Still on Training Wheels!
    Heres those pics, and todd should be posting up a little vid soon as well. Had a great time at keystone yesterday. I kept having some kind of flex issue that was making me super nervous, and blew out my rear tire that Stans couldn't fix. Tossed in a tube and upped my tire pressure and the flex seemed to be gone. Didn't have many good runs, but I kept pacing todd and tryed to follw his lines and movements and could deffinetly feel a difference between my first and last runs.

With out further adoo
    Last edited by drum714; 04-07-2006 at 07:19 PM.
    It's not a good ride if you don't scare yourself at least once.

Yeah...I'm Sponsored..................by my Bank Account

Professional Lurker
    Very cool! Did anyone hit the second double? The big one?

Perhaps the vid will tell....
    I have no idea what I'm talking about...But yeah, that sounds about right.

eci
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentK

Perhaps the vid will tell....
    Click HERE

Stand back

nice job

Quote Originally Posted by snowskilz
    Click HERE
    Good work, Todd, you made that look smooth. I wish I'd have hit it last time!
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

mtbr member
    Nice job there Todd. That is a pretty sick jump there, very smooth.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Sweet jump dude!

Professional Lurker
    Sweeeeeet! Now I guess it's my turn....
    I have no idea what I'm talking about...But yeah, that sounds about right.

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Quote Originally Posted by dream4est
    i was wondering since you say the coast is nice how are the other blue/green lines?
    I like all the upper trails. They put some jumps on Logger's Way (the blue section of the old DH course) last year and renamed it TNT as a black run. It's fast with a lot of wide open sections and some nice bermed turns. The green (Let It Ride I think) is also a fun trail, but it requires quite a bit more pedaling. It's the best trail on the mountain to work on cornering because you go around about 50 corners (some bermed some flat) on the way down.

I haven't ridden the lower greens for a few years--they aren't worth hitting when you can hit Wild Thing instead regardless of which upper trail you ride.

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian
    I like all the upper trails. They put some jumps on Logger's Way (the blue section of the old DH course) last year and renamed it TNT as a black run. It's fast with a lot of wide open sections and some nice bermed turns. The green (Let It Ride I think) is also a fun trail, but it requires quite a bit more pedaling. It's the best trail on the mountain to work on cornering because you go around about 50 corners (some bermed some flat) on the way down.

I haven't ridden the lower greens for a few years--they aren't worth hitting when you can hit Wild Thing instead regardless of which upper trail you ride.
    I hit a few of the lower ones on accident yet again when i was trying to get to the bottom. Some parts are a big pedally on my big bike but it was nice singletrack in a beautiful area.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Still on Training Wheels!
    Kind of funny, after hitting the first double a few times and avoiding the big double, Todd just busted it out on the next run almost on accident! He hit it super smooth, and the first double looks like it sets you up perfectly for the bigger double.
    It's not a good ride if you don't scare yourself at least once.

Yeah...I'm Sponsored..................by my Bank Account

eci
    Quote Originally Posted by drum714
    Kind of funny, after hitting the first double a few times and avoiding the big double, Todd just busted it out on the next run almost on accident! He hit it super smooth, and the first double looks like it sets you up perfectly for the bigger double.

Oh no it was 100% on purpose i figured if i was going to kill myself mtn biking i might as well do it having fun. And yes the first jump sets you up perfectly for hte next

mtbr member
    That jump is just scarry looking, but it is not hard at all. Actually the "hardest" thing about this section is downsiding the double before the big one. As long as you are smooth on the first couple jumps the third is cake. Big props on hitting it.