mtbr member

silverthorne mtb

i am going with my family to silverthorne for upcoming extended weekend. i tried to google some bike trails, preferably close to town so i could just bike to trailhead, but couldnt find anything specific. if anyone could steer me right direction i would appreciate.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Keystone

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I think there is more single track toward towards Breck and Frisco, but yea, Keystone is definitely a good option for lift served. Also, there is a free bus, the Summit Stage that will take you where ever you want to go (with bike racks). Check out the Frisco Pennisula, not a lot of vert, but some trails to ride. Oro Grande is near Silverthorne. Also there is the bike path which will take you anywhere in the county and to most trailheads.

Lat40 map from any bike shop. Check Wilderness Sports in Frisco on Main St. Those guys are good people.

Facebook the Summit Fat Tire Society, they have been posting up trail reports, and they can give you more info on what there is by Silverthorne.

Hope that helped.

Agent of tang
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ehcarley
    I think there is more single track toward towards Breck and Frisco, but yea, Keystone is definitely a good option for lift served.
    You can hit a lot of the good Breck trails from Keystone too, it's not just a good option for lift served.

mtbr member
    thanks

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Tenderfoot/Oro Grande is a good family friendly option near Silverthorne.

OMG!
    there's a fun trail right behind old chicago

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Straight creek. At the end of east Dillon Valley up to the Eisenhower tunnel, and out and back. Haven't ridden it in years, but it was a easy trail to get to out the door when I lived in DV. Salt Lick trails up by Wildernest are also good and rideable from Silverthorne, but kind of hard to explain a good ride, kind of useful to have a guide, lots of little loops to link up a ride, and some of the trails got fubar'd from the beetle kill clean up. But it's hard to get lost up there, bordered on I70 one side, the road up Wildernest on the other, and wilderness access gates up high.

Members who have read this thread: 0