Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: sick drop

RIDE TO LIVE&LIVE TO RIDE

sick drop

not photos of it being done yet but i thought i'd share it with everybody. i'm planning on doing it on sunday. it's at my school and i've never noticed it before. i was planning on getting two angles in vid and getting pics out of those. alex would you want to accompany me and possibly Justin? i haven't talked to him yet but he'll probably want to go. if not i'll have to do it later. and yes the circles were necessary. and crappy.

it's like 14ft vertical and 25 ft. diagonal and like 17-18 ft to the landing point
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ironhorsebike1; 01-25-2005 at 10:17 PM.

Not because I'm fast.....
    Quote Originally Posted by ironhorsebike1
    it's like 14ft vertical and 25 ft. diagonal
    Wow..I must be getting really old. I probably couldn't even get the bike on the roof.

Best of luck to you!

Quote Originally Posted by 2farfwd
    Wow..I must be getting really old. I probably couldn't even get the bike on the roof.

Best of luck to you!
    well we'd use a ladder but thanks

screw road bikes
    not photos of it being done yet but i thought i'd share it with everybody. i'm planning on doing it on sunday. it's at my school and i've never noticed it before. i was planning on getting two angles in vid and getting pics out of those. alex would you want to accompany me and possibly Justin? i haven't talked to him yet but he'll probably want to go. if not i'll have to do it later. and yes the circles were necessary. and crappy.

it's like 14ft vertical and 25 ft. diagonal
    Man, you're a dumbarse.....jump of a private building? Brilliant, brilliant....darwin award candidate? Not to say that it isn't awesome, and I don't want to do it, but let me get my cast off first, ok? too much to ask? Hopefully you'll learn how to judge speed in between now(the road gap incident, see "bad day (really bad)" thread), and the time you decide to do this.........still awesome though, i'll come to film if you want.
    Full Tilt Cyclery
    GT Bicycles
    Oakley
    Sram and Co.
    Fox
    Go Fast
    MAXXIS

I

locked - time out
    Yep - good documentation is a must. Good luck if you decide to go for it.

Perpetually single track
    Cool...

Please make sure and have a video cam going when you hit it.
    The more out of shape you are, the steeper the hill looks.

dude i'd be doing it on a sun. when the school is closed and nobody is there. in and out like it was with me and your mom last night.
    if justin can't make it though i just might wait for you. but they are going to demolish the buildings soon but i don't know when. could be this week end or this summer but it's too perfect to pass up.

i might have to have you bring a camera for some for sure pics though if we go.

the road gap thing was a one time thing. i also finished fixing my bike.

Rocket Scientist
    I hope everything Works out Good for you...
    Post pics and Vids when Done. It does look pretty Sweet!

Bad Case of the Mondays

it's like 14ft vertical and 25 ft. diagonal and like 17-18 ft to the landing point
    Where is it? If it isn't a huge drive for me (Boulder area) then I might come down and shoot some pics of it.

If you don't want the info posted on the net (not sure how secretive it is since you said it was at your school) shoot me a PM.

Good luck.

BIKES!!!!
    Mar 2004
    Roof drop, pretty cool, dont get caught.

screw road bikes
    dude i'd be doing it on a sun. when the school is closed and nobody is there. in and out like it was with me and your mom last night.
    if justin can't make it though i just might wait for you. but they are going to demolish the buildings soon but i don't know when. could be this week end or this summer but it's too perfect to pass up.

i might have to have you bring a camera for some for sure pics though if we go.

the road gap thing was a one time thing. i also finished fixing my bike.
    You already had that reputation for being a bit of a "minute man." Still corbin, suppose anyone is remotely close to the school, won't it look a wee bit conspicuous when two kids are climbing on the roof with a bike? I will come film though, and to pick up the peices of your body/bike that you will manage to destroy I'm sure. Hopefully you won't overshoot/come up short, since you are notorious for that.....not just the road gap, but I can think of several instances at the V and at the flumes that still horrify me.

Anywho, give me a ring when you decide to go, I'd probably be down, like I said yo
    Full Tilt Cyclery
    GT Bicycles
    Oakley
    Sram and Co.
    Fox
    Go Fast
    MAXXIS

I

Quote Originally Posted by Jdub
    Where is it? If it isn't a huge drive for me (Boulder area) then I might come down and shoot some pics of it.

If you don't want the info posted on the net (not sure how secretive it is since you said it was at your school) shoot me a PM.

Good luck.
    it's in parker, aurora. you could come if you want but i'm not sure if i'll be going yet

locked - time out
    If you want, I know where there's a comparable drop near Morrison. PM me if you're interested and I'll give you directions, the best thing is that it doesn't appear to be on private property, is not fenced off, and is a whole lotta fun.

The only condition is that you have to park down the road from the drop (parking lot within 300 yards) so that the mindless "Hey - they can't do that!" types don't notice you while they're driving by in their minivans, since it sits off of a well travelled road (People would likely only see you after noticing your cars below the drop, otherwise).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by s1ngletrack; 01-26-2005 at 04:11 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

ah, youth....

if you make it, im gonna have to change my screen name. cuz i dont think even i would try that (definitely not on my lame loaner bike, but certainly not on my future dream machine). perhaps when i was wildman to the fourth power (2 decades ago).

best of luck dude,

-wildman, just shy of 40 and still alive!

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by wildman
    if you make it, im gonna have to change my screen name. cuz i dont think even i would try that (definitely not on my lame loaner bike, but certainly not on my future dream machine). perhaps when i was wildman to the fourth power (2 decades ago).

best of luck dude,

-wildman, just shy of 40 and still alive!
    s1ngletrack's not quite young either. He's in his 30s I think.

Josh you need to show me that dorp soon!!! lol.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

hmmmmm....

i thought ironhorse was gonna do it? maybe im confused, but i saw somewhere that he was only 17.

oh well, no biggie. kudos to anyone who attempts, let alone clears the school roof

guess it would lend a whole new meaning to the word"

high school DROP out!

-the poster (POSTER! not poser )soon to be formerly known as wildman!

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    s1ngletrack's not quite young either. He's in his 30s I think.

Josh you need to show me that drop soon!!! lol.
    I'd be happy to show you, just let me know when (or I'll give you directions if I can't get out when you are up) It's right off the road and entirely possible that you've gone right by it - I just suffer from "lyne disease" and can't drive anywhere without seeing something that looks fun.

I'm 32 actually, but that's Wes in the picture (this just happened to be the best picture of the drop, which had more to do with luck than any photography skill on my part) - he's also 32, I think.

BTW - You're only as old as the chick you're uh....sharing the soap with. I figure that this makes me 25

Quote Originally Posted by wildman
    i thought ironhorse was gonna do it? maybe im confused, but i saw somewhere that he was only 17.

oh well, no biggie. kudos to anyone who attempts, let alone clears the school roof

guess it would lend a whole new meaning to the word"

high school DROP out!

-the poster (POSTER! not poser )soon to be formerly known as wildman!
    yeah i am the one who is plannig on doing it and yeah i'm 17. i think they were talking about the pic of the other dirt drop.

screw road bikes
    yeah i am the one who is plannig on doing it and yeah i'm 17. i think they were talking about the pic of the other dirt drop.

Don't have to get all defensive corbin....and i'm sure he could have figured it out....

S1ngletrack- Shot ya a PM about that drop....looks sicko
    Full Tilt Cyclery
    GT Bicycles
    Oakley
    Sram and Co.
    Fox
    Go Fast
    MAXXIS

I

Quote Originally Posted by theforsakencheezit
    Don't have to get all defensive corbin....and i'm sure he could have figured it out....

S1ngletrack- Shot ya a PM about that drop....looks sicko
    defensive?

and s1ngletrack- ditto let me know man

BTW alex, what happened to all the homework that you had to do?

Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    I'd be happy to show you, just let me know when (or I'll give you directions if I can't get out when you are up) It's right off the road and entirely possible that you've gone right by it - I just suffer from "lyne disease" and can't drive anywhere without seeing something that looks fun.

I'm 32 actually, but that's Wes in the picture (this just happened to be the best picture of the drop, which had more to do with luck than any photography skill on my part) - he's also 32, I think.

BTW - You're only as old as the chick you're uh....sharing the soap with. I figure that this makes me 25
    we should all go sun. morning (30th) me, tony, keaton, alex (if he wants to be a photographer) and the guide (s1ingletrack). if that would be cool. hopefully it stays dry.

screw road bikes
    we should all go sun. morning (30th) me, tony, keaton, alex (if he wants to be a photographer) and the guide (s1ingletrack). if that would be cool. hopefully it stays dry.

Why would keaton and tony drive 2 hours to see a drop in morrison? Also, cast comes off next week, so i'm good to ride almost as soon as I can get my grubby hands on a new bike....ie I'm not photographing fool.

And *****(corbin), if you had 4 hours of homework a night, would you take a break to ***** at you on mtbr?

Ans: Yes
    Full Tilt Cyclery
    GT Bicycles
    Oakley
    Sram and Co.
    Fox
    Go Fast
    MAXXIS

I

locked - time out
    Sorry guys - won't be able to hit it Sunday morning, I have my kids. I will probably be doing some riding of one sort or another Sunday afternoon though (if I get over my Ebola, or whatever it is), so feel free to let me know if your plans get bumped to later in the day and maybe I could meet you up there.

user-created
    I'll hafta take a pic of the Pyramid Printing drop here in GJ for yinz guys....

No ones hit that yet either. It's like a 20-25 foot roof drop, perfect tranny. It gaps 10-12 feet over flat ground and an 8 foot barbed wire fence. Close to the bar AND the hospital.

It's over by Canfield's house, maybe with a little prodding he'll be the first.

Anyways, good luck dropping outa skool.

BIKES!!!!
    Mar 2004
    mmmmmmmm..... drops and stuff

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast