Mutha Flippin'
    Oct 2005

The shuttle, very subtle, now rebuttal

We used to drive to the top (of Pikes Peak or Jones' DH) and leave a car there, ride, then have to go get the car. Or we'd sacrifice a 'get out of jail free card' for a driver who would drop us off and bring the car to the endpoint. Or we'd hitchhike the peak road, but usually would pay the driver's entry fee too. All solutions, but none optimal.

I moved to Chicago and am returning to do some real riding and would like to catch a ride as much as possible. Do any of you know of a shuttle service I can pay for? Like from town to the top of the peak or trail 701.

I'll be in CO Sept1-17.

Thanks
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today.

eci
    i dont know of one in the springs but i know of one just outside denver you could jump on.

resident cynic
    I know there are shuttle companies in C Springs. I have seen the vans around with the big roof racks, but the name escapes me.

Product engineer
    Yeah but I dont think you get to bring your own bike, Ive seen them they are "family" tour rides, I think its something like $30
    FLIGHT BIKES bikes by Colorado riders.
    Like us on FaceBook!

Your retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by evannever
    I know there are shuttle companies in C Springs. I have seen the vans around with the big roof racks, but the name escapes me.
    Really? I've been here 6 years and haven't seen one of those puppies yet. Maybe I should take off the blindfold I wear and start looking at things.

As far as I know, until 30 seconds ago, there aren't any shuttle services in the Springs. No offense to you, glenboro, but I'm okay with that being the case. Our trails remain open largely because of low user conflicts and abuse. If the trails are made significantly more accessible to both locals and out-of-towners alike, there's a good chance it won't stay that way. When you're in town, get on the boards and see what's happening. There's typically a group that meets down here during the week. We have fairly varying styles of riding so all are welcome.
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

resident cynic
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickle
    Really? I've been here 6 years and haven't seen one of those puppies yet. Maybe I should take off the blindfold I wear and start looking at things.

As far as I know, until 30 seconds ago, there aren't any shuttle services in the Springs. No offense to you, glenboro, but I'm okay with that being the case. Our trails remain open largely because of low user conflicts and abuse. If the trails are made significantly more accessible to both locals and out-of-towners alike, there's a good chance it won't stay that way. When you're in town, get on the boards and see what's happening. There's typically a group that meets down here during the week. We have fairly varying styles of riding so all are welcome.
    Nick, I hadn't thought there were any around either, but about 2 weeks ago I saw a 15pac van with the full roof rack and some very AM looking rigs on top. The van was painted with "...shuttles". It looked exactly like the shuttles I have taken in Moab.

However, I do agree that we are extremely lucky with our light trail use. I think thats a result of the demographic of which I am a part: military. My friends think I am crazy when I tell them about my favorite sport, but thats fine with me. They can stick to the gyms and running tracks.

Speaking of shuttles ....Anyone want to ride Jones DH on Friday?

enlightened.
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickle
    Maybe I should take off the blindfold I wear and start looking at things.
    Now that's an idea.

Your retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by athalliah
    Now that's an idea.
    Baby steps, Athalliah. Baby steps.

Evannever, check your other thread.
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

Inflexable...
    There used to be a shuttle that left from Bristol Brewing that would take you up Old Stage. It was like $15 and when you returned you would get a free beer at Bristol. That was two years ago though...

Oh, and Nickle is the only one with varied riding styles. The rest of us just ride like crap all the time...
    Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic...

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I bet the other shuttle vehicles spoken of are the tour companies that say "Ride Pikes Peak by Bike." They are private organizations that lead groups down the Pikes Peak Highway before it opens to cars in the morning. I think one of them does Gold Camp Road tours too. I would be amazed if they let anyone ride up to ride anything but their official trip. They have two or three vans with huge racks on top driving around the West side of town all the time.

Your retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by kchri
    Oh, and Nickle is the only one with varied riding styles.
    Yeah, "sloppy," "bad," and "really bad".