View Poll Results: Should Mods Restrict The OT Whining And Arguing Taking Over The FR Forum?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - I feed off this $hit like a Vampire

24 35.82%
  • Yes - Its A Waste Of My Time To Sift Through This $hit

43 64.18%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Oh, So Interesting!

Should Mods Restrict The OT Whining And Arguing Taking Over The FR Forum?

Everyone loves a good trainwreck every once in a while, but enough is enough. I mean... this is getting out of hand

Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails.

Rocket Scientist
    Yes. Especially when it's just spewing hate mongering speech. It's ridiculous. This is a Mountain bike forum. Take your political and religious beliefs to the political forum or else where. Good riddance.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by bpatterson6
    Yes. Especially when it's just spewing hate mongering speech. It's ridiculous. This is a Mountain bike forum. Take your political and religious beliefs to the political forum or else where. Good riddance.
    Bush sucks!

I vote Brazilian.
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

Stiff yet compliant
    God hates fags.

Oh, So Interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    Bush sucks!
    I'm a Bush lover... wait, what were we talking about? n/m...

Rocket Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    Bush sucks!

I vote Brazilian.
    Nice Don!

..ouch
    Quote Originally Posted by davec113
    Should Mods Restrict The OT Whining And Arguing Taking Over The FR Forum?
    Only when the opinions differ from my own.

mtbr member
    Everyone loves a good trainwreck every once in a while, but enough is enough. I mean... this is getting out of hand
    There has always been whining and arguing on this forum, I can't really see that its gotten all that much worse than ususal.
    I drank the 29er koolaid- turns out it was POWERade

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

This Species has amused and consumed itself to death.

Quote Originally Posted by bpatterson6
    Take your political and religious beliefs to the political forum or else where. Good riddance.
    The political forum was closed.

Apparently the owners of the Circus and the Bakers of the Bread don't like the masses talking amongst themselves.

Bread and Circuses trumps 1st Amendment.

Consumption Must Continue!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    it entertainment, stop whining about whining you f'n pantywaist..

i keed

eci
    i like pbr

skillz to pay billz
    macs are better than pc

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by snowskilz
    i like pbr
    Is Pabst Blue Ribbon really the best crappy beer? I finally bought the hype and tried a can. I poured it out after two sips. Flame on.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

!Vamos, flaco!
    Stupid 29ers . . .

If people want to debate absurd political theories, here you go. http://forums.roadbikereview.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79 It's a pretty vibrant (and respectful) scene there.
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Pabs
    Stupid 29ers . . .

If people want to debate absurd political theories, here you go. http://forums.roadbikereview.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79 It's a pretty vibrant (and respectful) scene there.
    ROADBIKEreview? Enter the den of the Spandex Queens? NEVER!

!Vamos, flaco!
    Quote Originally Posted by BonzoBanzai
    ROADBIKEreview? Enter the den of the Spandex Queens? NEVER!
    I wear spandex on a mountain bike a lot more than I wear lycra on RBR.

friend of Apex
    Why would the mods restrict whining...

It keeps us all comin back for more entertainment... which increases posting and thread count.

Which makes it seem like a good place for advertising some cheap mail-order bikes.

Advertisers pay emptybeer mucho dinero.

So, no- the mods wont do a thing, whining keep their profits up.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    Is Pabst Blue Ribbon really the best crappy beer? I finally bought the hype and tried a can. I poured it out after two sips. Flame on.
    The best CHEAP beer argument can go on as long as the argument for the best type of any beer. I'm a High Life man myself, Milwaukee's Best is another favorite along with PBR.

Did you know Schlitz has switched back to their original recipe from the mid 1800s? They changed it over the last few decades but recently decided to head back to the beer that made Milwaukee famous! Sounds like a real contender in the cheap beer category.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member
    I think we should go to a caged-match format for those who just can't get along. Mountain bike Thunderdome?

friend of Apex
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu
    The best CHEAP beer argument can go on as long as the argument for the best type of any beer. I'm a High Life man myself, Milwaukee's Best is another favorite along with PBR.
    If thats the best Milwaukee can do, I'll stick to the local piss (if I'm in the mood to drink p!ss...)

Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu
    Did you know Schlitz has switched back to their original recipe from the mid 1800s? They changed it over the last few decades but recently decided to head back to the beer that made Milwaukee famous! Sounds like a real contender in the cheap beer category.
    Fire brewed beer is pretty bad....
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Perpetual slow motion
    Feb 2007
    I'm a Bush lover... wait, what were we talking about? n/m...
    I'm no bush pilot, but I do enjoy a well groomed landing strip!
    The more I drink, the smarter you get.

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    You can't just open a PBR and decide if it is good. You have to earn it! Get back to the truck push your helmet against your head and drain all the sweat, put it away take your pack off then grab a seat on the tailgate and pop a cold PBR then take two large guzzles then two more. oops it's empty. Grab another one then repeat. That my friend is when a PBR tastes the best. Or at the top of Georgia Pass when you halued them all the way up there unbenounst (sp?) to your buddies, then offered them up over a sandwich.

04 08 011 b.jpg

Wait what was the topic...
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by PBR me!
    You can't just open a PBR and decide if it is good. You have to earn it! Get back to the truck push your helmet against your head and drain all the sweat, put it away take your pack off then grab a seat on the tailgate and pop a cold PBR then take two large guzzles then two more. oops it's empty. Grab another one then repeat. That my friend is when a PBR tastes the best. Or at the top of Georgia Pass when you halued them all the way up there unbenounst (sp?) to your buddies, then offered them up over a sandwich.

04 08 011 b.jpg

Wait what was the topic...
    I'll have to try my next one that way.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

Inflexable...
    Now I understand how you guys can stomach drinking that beer...
    Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic...

Rolling
    Keystone light is better than PBR and costs way less. We use it as our softball beer and the only time people notice a better beer than keystone or PBR is when we show up with Bud Lite. Bud lite actually seems to be slightly better than either, even though it's a ripoff itself.

...Amazing what the companies can make people think is great.

Regarding the censorship of undesirable threads....

The obvious answer is a big NO! Odd that the creation of this thread would be by a defensive rogue dog owner.

Your retarded
    I vote no.

Typically the initiation of proactive moderation by folks of authority leads to over-moderation by those same folks. IMO, if this pendulum begins to swing, it will blow right past the ideal level of moderation some of you hope for and swing to the opposite extreme with over moderation. That will produce a bland, personality-less forum with superficial, repetitive posts. This exact thing just happed to the FG/SS forum of BikeForums.net. I've been active on that board for a long time and no longer go there because the good, juicy threads about X, Y, or Z have been replaced by threads about "what bike should I buy?"

Plus, I find it hard to believe that peeps would prefer for someone moderate threads when they are quite able to do that very thing themselves by either being active and saying "hey, lets get back on topic" or passive and ignoring OT posts altogether. Is reading past OT posts and threads so difficult that a moderator needs to step in and do that work for you? Even then, you want to trust the content of what you read to the judgement of single person who may see things quite differently than you would? Without a very clear, well constructed standard of what should stay and what should go, you handing over the fate of all content to the discretion of one person.

Lastly, this is a fairly mild forum. I've been actively posting as "Nickle", "Nicholias", "4LittleSquirrels" and others on various message boards since 1999 and trust me, this one is quite mild compared to some. Ever been to ObservedTrials.net? Go there and poke around a bit, and then come back and vote in this thread. Your vote might be different.

If you made it all the way through this post, congrats. If you were sitting here right now, I'd give you a cookie. But only chocolate chip because that's all I have in the house right now. I don't even have any PBR to wash it down. Oops, got a little off topic there. Should this paragraph be edited out, even though a portion of it is relevant, or should my post just be deleted all together? Wait, who makes that decision anyway?
    A trail that’s too difficult wouldn’t exist because it’d never be used. But, trails can exist that’re too difficult for you.

Stayin' Puft
    It has been so hot lately, I started buying Mexican beer, Modelo, Dos-X's, etc.

Oh, wait, is that statement potentially inflammatory?

Um...what was the topic again?

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Back on topic, now they are selling pbr light wtf? was that the topic

MMMMMMMMMMMM BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!
    homer.jpg
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

mtbr member
    PBR needs to be served ICE cold out of a ICE packed cooler, preferably in a Harley koozie. Live to Ride, Ride to Live.

And I vote no, you no like you no read.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

mtbr member
    Quote: Nickle
    Infinitely Infucable

"What would William Shatner ride?"

Probably an Uhuru
    Peace out and stay cool!

I think I can.

Now that is funny

You must be a psuedo MTBR.

You obviously have never crashed or fallen into a scrub oak, life expectancy in a crash like that would be once and never again, then again crashing is for people who?

Never mind

I wear spandex on a mountain bike a lot more than I wear lycra on RBR.

Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

Moosehead

Ditto that PBRMe

If more of this board took the ride and beer me advice, there' be a helluva lot less beyotching online

Our 17-person blind taste test night of bad beers put Old Milwaukee on top, with Bud a close second. Votes were tallied in writing on scale of 1 to ten. PBR/Miller/Coors/Keystone/Schlitz/Strohs were middle of the road (no offense), and Rolling Rock was at the bottom.

All taste like freakin champagne after a gut busting climb in the Rockies.

user-created
    The best PBR comes from Marko's cooler.

!Vamos, flaco!
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEMTBR COLORADO
    You obviously have never crashed or fallen into a scrub oak, life expectancy in a crash like that would be once and never again, then again crashing is for people who?
    I once fell onto a red ant hill. Another time I fell onto a cactus. That was in my pre-spandex era and they both sucked pretty bad.

!Vamos, flaco!
    I'll take the Beast or PBR over most other cheap beer, but I'm not picky.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    ...most other cheap beer...
    I can't say that I know the price of PBR/Stroh's/Schlitz/Cinci Cream Lager/Iron City... ...etc but I do know that Bud/Coors are not "cheap" at the register. I can't fathom how people (myself included when hosting) can/will spend $5-6 for a six of that crap when you can get good tasty stuff at the same price point????

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by moosehead
    If more of this board took the ride and beer me advice, there' be a helluva lot less beyotching online

Our 17-person blind taste test night of bad beers put Old Milwaukee on top, with Bud a close second. Votes were tallied in writing on scale of 1 to ten. PBR/Miller/Coors/Keystone/Schlitz/Strohs were middle of the road (no offense), and Rolling Rock was at the bottom.

All taste like freakin champagne after a gut busting climb in the Rockies.
    I've been drinking IPAs like Great Divide Titan and some stouts. I don't drink much and when I do it's maybe one or two at home. I went to a party a few weeks ago with some stouts in hand to taste-test with other people's offerings. That's another thread but I did go by the party-givers house the next day and he had a ice chest full of Carta Blanca, Corona, Bud and Bud Lite left over. He said "help me out, take some of this".

The next day on a hot afternoon I tried the Corona and poured it out after two sips, same with the Carta Blanca (which I used to drink a lot of years ago). The Bud Lite was real so-so but I could see actually finishing one on a hot day. The Bud, surprisingly, had some actual flavor. I'd finish one of those at the right time, but "King of Beers"? That's a stretch. As it was I poured it out and reached for a Titan. It just seems like these light lagers' purpose is a water substitute on a real hot day. Lower alcohol content so you can down multiple bottles/cans, get a slight buzz working and just keep going.

I want to try the re-formulated Schlitz "Classic 1960s Formula "when it hits the Denver market, you know, just to see if things were better back in the olden days. They claim it's "true Pilsner".

http://www.schlitzgusto.com/formula.asp

Living the High Life
    Oh no. Bump.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu View Post
    Oh no. Bump.
    Now you did it. You'll get a warning from the mods for baiting.

Oh, So Interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkenbikesnob View Post
    Now you did it. You'll get a warning from the mods for baiting.
    Well, I guess you are the expert on "baiting"...

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by davec113 View Post
    Well, I guess you are the expert on "baiting"...

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu View Post
    Oh no. Bump.
    tha lulz, this thread brings 'em

mtbr member
    Dave...and you're telling me to leave sh!+ like this alone and move on...?!?!
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oh, So Interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Dave...and you're telling me to leave sh!+ like this alone and move on...?!?!
    No, I think anything goes as long as we're not getting into personal attacks. IMO, it is the extreme negativity and insults that are the problem. I think MOST people here have no issues with what they're posting, it is just the few trolls who like to be as offensive as possible that I think are the issue.

This is a bike forum for god's sake... I can't understand the negativity and there is really no place for personal attacks, insults or trolling. I think everyone understands the difference between good-natured "insults" between people who know each other or have been here a long time and the crap a few new members seem to be doosching this forum with.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    2008. A lot of water under the bridge in those four years.

formerly shabadu
    Nov 2006
    Dave, this is kind of funny, b/c you have posted some rather aggressive, personal attacks and responses over the past few years.

Internet 101: don't feed the trolls, we've all been around long enough to know this.

The rash of people openly responding to their receipts of neg rep is just propagating this garbage. Who cares about rep?

If you don't respond to kc and DBS trolling, they will just shrivel up. Put them on ignore or something.

I looked at Passion for the first time in a long time the other day, and it was funny to see CO stoke getting posted up there by people who used to post here. Funny but sad. I have no dog in this fight anymore, no longer in CO, but jeebuz people...ride bikes, take pics, post stoke and quit arguing about every goddamn thing. I miss my friends and the front range trails, but honestly kinda psyched to get away from the attitudes, when I step away I realize how aggro it is..both on the trails and teh interwebz.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Hey flowtron does this look familiar?
    Last edited by xcguy; 12-02-2012 at 10:04 AM.

formerly shabadu
    Nov 2006
    Looks like you found the Annex. Sweet.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by flowtron View Post
    Looks like you found the Annex. Sweet.
    Yup. I'd just shot some stores on Broadway and was headed back to my car and stumbled across it. Didn't even know it was there!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast