Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005

Should I move to Colorado?

I've lived in California my whole life but I'm getting sick of the Bay Area and it's problems and I've been contemplating moving somewhere in the Denver area. I'm a construction manager and I understand the housing market is still pretty strong around Denver. Can anyone confirm this? I know the riding is sick in CO, any other good reasons (or bad) to move? I understand the Parker area is a nice place to raise a family but I'm single and could live anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Kevin

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    wwjd?
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    no.

Living the High Life
    No, it sucks here, check out Texas

Anywhere along the west side of Denver is great, its 5-30 minutes to single track. The traffic here is no where near as bad as the Bay area, I have several co-workers who moved from out there and they can attest to that. They love it compared to CA, not just traffic but the close mountains and the city.

I'm a aerospace engineer so I don't know much about construction, but those West Wood College ads tell me that I need to consider a change of career to one of the fastest growing industries in the nation, construction management
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

Going, Going, Gonzo
    Colorado was nice, but it's been overrun by Californicans.

I say that having grown up here, moved to Californistan and lived there for 20 years... and then moving back home to Colorado, where my family still was/is.

I liked Colorado better when it was a conservative state, before being Californicated by millionaire homosexual activists.

There are reasons why the Beatles refused to come back here. They were not Welcome here.

So... leave the rainbow flags on the coast.
    Signature? I don't need no stinking signature.

mtbr member
    No, don't move. Stay where you are. Colorado sucks. No beaches, no surfing. Just this big mountains everywhere. And seasons. Cold in winter. Snow. Yak.

But seriously: Double check the construction business. My neighbor was in the business of developing land for home building. He had to move on to something else after being laid off and out of work for +6 months.
    "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit." - And I agree.

Slopestyle Rider
    Well the beetles are certainly killing our trees... maybe it's payback

I moved here from Texas 4 years ago and love it. The riding is gnar-core and there is plenty of stuff to slide down in the winter. Colorado rules, despite what the Beatles think.

Oh yeah, watch out for the gay rich guys, they will have you singing Pet Shop Boys tunes in no time.

Stiff yet compliant
    Quote Originally Posted by insect_o_man

I say that having grown up here, moved to Californistan and lived there for 20 years... and then moving back home to Colorado, where my family still was/is.

I liked Colorado better when it was a conservative state, before being Californicated by millionaire homosexual activists.

There are reasons why the Beatles refused to come back here. They were not Welcome here.

Man Coulter.

Going, Going, Gonzo
    Quote Originally Posted by Moustache rider
    Man Coulter.
    Thanks for the complement

Going, Going, Gonzo
    Quote Originally Posted by joelalamo45
    Well the beetles are certainly killing our trees... maybe it's payback
    Nah, just an example of the usual closter phock that accompanies government bureaucracy - in this case ala the U.S. Forest Circus.

BTW, Texans are despised here on a level equal to or exceeding Californicans. It's a Colorado Native tradition.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I moved here from the bay area last year. Colorado and its people are pretty nice, except for the tools who judge you because you came from California or Texas, or anywhere else for that matter. I never understood those with that mentality except for the ones kidding around (which most here seem fall into). Colorado is definitely cheaper to live, has less congestion, and the riding is pretty good too. I lived north of San Francisco for 33 years and can say its pretty beautiful here. Not to mention home prices are easier to handle. No ocean to see, but the mountains make up for it.

Perpetually single track
    It's a Colorado Native tradition.
    Fortunately there are so few left that they're irrelevant.

mtbr member
    No Colorado sucks. No one should move here.

Going, Going, Gonzo
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Phase
    except for the tools who judge you because you came from California or Texas, or anywhere else for that matter.
    We do so because of the arrogance that accompanied the Texans and the politics that accompanies the Californicans.

Both groups move in and act like they own the place, which, unfortunately in many cases, they now do.

A prime example I have in mind is the elimination of access to fishing on certain rivers where, although the stream bed is public per law - getting to the water is near impossible because of "private" fishing clubs who string up barb wire.

Same ol' same ol' - the land is settled by sweat and blood, and then stolen by outsiturds who come in and rape the landscape.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Short answer---no. I-70 has reached capacity and you would surely get in my way on a powder day.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Khemical
    I've lived in California my whole life but I'm getting sick of the Bay Area and it's problems and I've been contemplating moving somewhere in the Denver area. I'm a construction manager and[SIZE="5"] I understand the housing market is still pretty strong around Denver[/SIZE]. Can anyone confirm this? I know the riding is sick in CO, any other good reasons (or bad) to move? I understand the Parker area is a nice place to raise a family but I'm single and could live anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Kevin
    well I don't live in Denver, but the housing market is sh*! where I live...................the housing construction market is total sh*! where I live.

if you want to spend your time riding, then move somewhere in the mountains, Vail, Keystone, C Butte, Steamboat, W Park, Aspen, etc.
    if you need to work to afford your riding habit you will likely need to move to the front range.

that being said, the 'type' of riding you do would (IMO) have the greatest bearing on where you should move.

any areas around the large metropolitan suburban locations suffer from high douchebag and congestion factors, (which you may be immune to living in the bay area).

my experience is that the last 5 years specifically has brought great expansion and development of trails/rides, but it also has created a multitude of problems that did not exist before, and are likely only going to become more acute as more people continue to transplant.

so the short/selfish answer to your question is stay away, this state is full already.
    but if I were you (single), I would move to a mountain town.

good luck
    C.

Going, Going, Gonzo
    Quote Originally Posted by ibmkidIII
    Perhaps such numbers are irrelevant. Witness the ability of homosexual activists, who constitute what - less than 5% of the population, to wreak such havoc on our society.

Maybe Colorado Natives should learn from the impact of such a minority and adopt some of their tactics.

We might even declare ourselves an endangered / protected species ; what would the ELFs do then? Bwahahahaha!

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ibmkidIII
    yeah, I guess the smart ones leave the pool when other people get in and start pissing.............

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Perhaps such numbers are irrelevant. Witness the ability of homosexual activists, who constitute what - less than 5% of the population, to wreak such havoc on our society.

Maybe Colorado Natives should learn from the impact of such a minority and adopt some of their tactics.

We might even declare ourselves an endangered / protected species ; what would the ELFs do then? Bwahahahaha!
    This is sarcasm right?

Slopestyle Rider
    Same ol' same ol' - the land is settled by sweat and blood, and then stolen by outsiturds who come in and rape the landscape.
    Kinda like the native Americans who were here before you "natives" moved in from Europe?

Owned.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Yeah don't you love all the fvckers who insist on English but don't speak the actual Native tongues... Navajo, Cheyenne, Ute, etc.

Going, Going, Gonzo
    Kinda like the native Americans who were here before you "natives" moved in from Europe?
    Better living through superior fire power.

Owned.
    You own nothing, renter.

Here's a little trivia question for ya, Tex: Which religious organization owns (or at least owned) the majority of the land in the valley where WP exists?

rider of bicycles
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinkyfan
    Short answer---no. I-70 has reached capacity and you would surely get in my way on a powder day.
    Awesome. Like they say, though, there's no friends on a powder day.

Yappy little dog!

Suddenly, I don't feel like an A$$hole for some of the things I have said.

Not that I am a liberal by any stretch, but that was awfully right wing of you.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Better living through superior fire power.
    At least he calls it like it is I guess. None of this we need to civilize people bull$h!t. If all right wingers would talk like this those of us who have the capacity to care about others might be able to take em down.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast