!Vamos, flaco!

Should I buy a fork or wait.

Is it a bad idea to buy and install a suspension fork just before winter starts or would it be better to wait until the thaw?
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

Living the High Life
    If you know which one you're going to buy, it depends when you can find a good deal. You can wait all winter until a good one comes up.

!Vamos, flaco!
    Are there any "winter time is rough on forks" maintenance issues I'm missing?
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

Living the High Life
    Do you mean just storing it in the cold or out riding in the snow?

I store my bikes in the basement over the winter, but I can't imagine being cold does much more than make the oil thick and some of the seals contract. Just don't hang it upside down depending on the fork would be my guess.

For riding in the snow, just clean it good afterwards.

skillz to pay billz
    I got my new bike in december on the first good snow day. Hardest part was looking at it unriden for 2 months

<100%
    Buy it. Ride it. Get it dirty and scratched up immediately so that you don't have to treat it like some darn work of art or a newborn. They are mountain bikes and as such are meant to be treated harshly. Imagine if you were a suspension fork and were purchased by some nancy that refused to hop a curb or get dirty. Would you feel self-actualized? Do you know how rare good fork therapists are?

Loser
    Mar 2008
    I would recommend getting a spork, its much more versatile.

Members who have read this thread: 0