mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Seen on Lookout Mtn (warning: Cobra content)

Came back down Lookout Mtn. Rd. after riding in Evergreen. Came across a Cobra club with a long line of either fully restored 60's vintage Ford Cobras or replicars, don't know. When the 15 or so gleaming machines all fired up their 400+ horsepower 427s to head on out it sounded pretty sweet. OK, now back to our regularly scheduled bike content.
    Last edited by xcguy; 06-20-2012 at 05:15 AM.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

user-created
    Sweet. Nothing quite like an overpowered rollerskate! Back in my Cub Scouts days, a kid I knew carved his pinewood derby car to look like a cobra. That is to say his father who was a talented woodworker made the car of course, but nonethelss the result was awesome.

I won the Pinewood derby, btw.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Overpowered is right

Quote Originally Posted by singletrack
    Sweet. Nothing quite like an overpowered rollerskate! Back in my Cub Scouts days, a kid I knew carved his pinewood derby car to look like a cobra. That is to say his father who was a talented woodworker made the car of course, but nonethelss the result was awesome.

I won the Pinewood derby, btw.
    Or not enough power if 0-100 mph and stop in under 12 seconds isn't enough. I've driven cars with that 427 engine before (a girlfriend's dad owned a Mustang back in the day with one) and punching the accelerator resulted in instant acceleration. The steepest hill--no prob. You're doing 50 a second later you're doing 90, effortlessly. I've been to the Rod Benders car show in Moab numerous times and saw the results of all the work the owners did on their cars. I now drive a Tacoma and an Element and wouldn't mind one bit if I got the same mpg and could smoke the tires passing somebody at 75 mph. That Mustang could.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

Stand back
    I heard those guys (different wkend) taking off from a light. Beautiful music...
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

mtbr member
    Did you seen any of them go out of control and end up in Clear Creek Canyon?

mtbr member

Good job! i'm jealous

a club to which i hope to belong someday...

[SIZE="1"]you can bet most were replicas (the blue one is for sure). looks to be some 289s in there among the big block beasts.[/SIZE]

Shread Ready
    Ok, so when I first clicked on this thread I thought you were out MTB'n and saw a Cobra. Was that your intention? But, yeah, those cars are pretty nice looking and powerful.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

I did some research

Quote Originally Posted by gotdirt
    a club to which i hope to belong someday...

[SIZE="1"]you can bet most were replicas (the blue one is for sure). looks to be some 289s in there among the big block beasts.[/SIZE]
    and you're probably right. For the motorheads amongst us here's a link to a replica manufacturer. I suppose I could get in touch with the Mile-Hi Cobra Club (if that's who they were) and find out but I need to go out and ride my bike!

http://erareplicas.com/