Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Shaman
    Apr 2004

Seattle? Whats with all the Rain?

I have lived in Colorado for the last 19 years and can't recall ever seeing this much rain. Did somebody do a rain dance? Somebody piss off mother nature? Look who ever you are make it stop (or only rain an 1/8 of inch at night to keep the trails tacky). Thanks in advance!
    Skills coaching loved by passionate riders of all levels and trusted by the pros.
    www.betterride.net

Living the High Life
    I don't know who did it, but they're a jerk. So much water piled up against my house 2 weeks ago it leaked in from my dryer vent. I had to dig an emergency trench into the backyard to get the water away from the house. Its been weeks and the freakin' hole is still there because I have no reason to fill it in with all this rain.

So yeah, rain dancin' fool; cut it the EF out! However everything is still green an gorgeous!
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

Rolling
    I'll take the blame. I went to the Seattle area on May 14 and took the dry weather with me. it was abnormally dry and warm on the San Juan Islands for the three weeks I was there.

Now that I'm back, it will be ok.

Rigid in Evergreen
    More thunder and rain again today in Evergreen... At least nothing is burning and no one is screaming about water restrictions or building more reservoirs (at the moment).

!Vamos, flaco!
    Quote Originally Posted by topmounter
    More thunder and rain again today in Evergreen... At least nothing is burning and no one is screaming about water restrictions or building more reservoirs (at the moment).
    Nothing about burning yet, unless it gets dry fast and all the vegetation that's been growing turns brown into fuel.

People are still enlarging and building reservoirs.

I'm just hoping I don't get soaked on the ride home.
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

Your retarded
    I've been here 22 years and this doesn't seem out of the norm for a wet spring to me. Sometimes we have dry years, sometimes wet. I think that's just the way weather works.
    A trail that’s too difficult wouldn’t exist because it’d never be used. But, trails can exist that’re too difficult for you.

Heathen
    Normal, not nornal..whatever, SUCKAGE!

Awesomist™
    This spring has been the worst winter I've seen in my 10+ years in Colorado... and it turns out this summer is shaping up to be a darn wet spring! Whatever, maybe SolVista won't be a BEACH this season... and I can work on all the SKILLZ that I learnt at the BetterRide DH camp I took last weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Nickle
    I think that's just the way weather works.
    Can it, hippy.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

ride
    I think it's great. This is the greenest Spring I've ever seen in CO. It hasn't kept me from riding either. Just toss the waterproof jacket in the backpack and find some rocky backcountry trails. Good stuff.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

Shaman
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ignazjr
    I think it's great. This is the greenest Spring I've ever seen in CO. It hasn't kept me from riding either. Just toss the waterproof jacket in the backpack and find some rocky backcountry trails. Good stuff.
    I agree about the green! It is the most beautiful spring I have ever seen here.
    Skills coaching loved by passionate riders of all levels and trusted by the pros.
    www.betterride.net

Heathen
    Just toss the waterproof jacket in the backpack and find some rocky backcountry trails.
    If only those trails weren't so far away. Closest option I have is Evergreen and I'm not sure how those trails hold up to rain. I think they are mostly decomp granite but not sure. Otherwise it's an hour drive to the Lyons area if it isn't under water by now also.

Now would be a good time to have that indoor park in Boulder.

not actually bad :)
    I think it's great.
    +1
    Old Codger

mtbr member
    It really hasn't been as bad as some years. The trails are holding up very well and I haven't had any problem getting out to ride. Like some others, I really like all the green stuff, too.

Heathen
    Quote Originally Posted by bad andy!
    +1
    Screw the green! I want more riding. Can't even do urban do to lightning and lack of participants.

mtbr member
    Whatever it is, keep it coming. All my riding thus far has been great. I've never enjoyed so much trail tackiness, much better than the dry we're used to. Plus all the greenery

mtbr member
    Sure beats 4" of talcum powder during the normal dry times. Go green, isn't that what marketing is all about these days.

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    I am loving this weather. The trails in the mountains are awesome at the moment and it was fun last night having to actually deal with wet roots.

Perpetual slow motion
    Feb 2007
    I'm liking the moisture, it provides nice tacky trails in the trees and keeps quite a few off Templeton in PP. With the scrub oak finally getting foliage, it looks like W2W green carpet when the sun hits the mountains on the NW side of the Springs. I say keep the rain coming and let the sun warm temps into the mid 70's.
    The more I drink, the smarter you get.

ride
    Quote Originally Posted by TooManyToyz
    Otherwise it's an hour drive to the Lyons area if it isn't under water by now also.
    For what it's worth, it was cloudy this morning, never rained, and is beautiful and sunny now.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Love this rain- keep it coming.

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    Love this rain- keep it coming.
    Actually this is perfect monsoon weather. A quick and dirty shower that you can tell is coming. Then poof--Over and done.
    Last edited by lidarman; 06-11-2009 at 06:08 PM.

Rigid in Evergreen
    Sunny and partly cloudy this afternoon / evening.... as long as it keeps changing every 15 minutes I'm happy

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickle
    I've been here 22 years and this doesn't seem out of the norm for a wet spring to me. Sometimes we have dry years, sometimes wet. I think that's just the way weather works.

Most peoples' memories are woefully short.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by TooManyToyz
    Screw the green! I want more riding. Can't even do urban do to lightning and lack of participants.
    Why can't you do urban by yourself?

Heathen
    For what it's worth, it was cloudy this morning, never rained, and is beautiful and sunny now.
    Yep, I called the shop and you told me the same right before I drove up there. Hit PR and the loop on Heil. Awesome goodness.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast