Kaj
    mtbr member

Santa Cruz Demo Fort Collins Saturday

Hey Folks,

Abby and Ariel and bringing the Santa Cruz demo rig to Full Cycle in Fort Collins this Saturday. It's first come first serve.

According to Ariel on tap for riding are:

Tallboy md lg xl xxl
    Blur XC Carbon sm md lg xl
    Blur LT Carbon sm md lg xl
    Nomad Carbon sm md lg xl
    Nickle APP sm md md lg xl
    Butcher APP sm md lg xl
    Driver 8 md lg
    V10 Md lg

The Tallboy has definitely been the most popular 29er we've ever had. I rode it at dirt demo last year, and it is a "wow" bike. Just plain fast and smooth.

It's at the current location (not the new one by Whole Foods, that's still about a month away).

230 S. College Fort Collins, CO 80524
    phone is: 970 484 1800

Hope to see some of you folks there--

Kaj
    Helping folks shred in Boulder & Colorado since 1982 www.fullcyclebikes.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Didn't realize you were a SC dealer. I'll have to see if I can drag Phil up that way sometime. Tried to get up your way a couple of times but we could not coordinate.

Kaj
    mtbr member
    Yep, we've been a Santa Cruz dealer in Fort Collins since we opened in 2006. The new carbon bikes are pretty sweet.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    fullcycles usually charges $75 to demo... is it free on Saturday?

mtbr member
    It's free man! Lots of sweet bikes, and it looks like you should have good weather. All they ask for is a drivers license and a credit card to hold while you ride.

mtbr member
    How does the demo work? Do they go with you to a trail head, or just give you a bike to try?

Kaj
    mtbr member
    The demo rig will be at the shop at 230 S. College. You just give them your credit card and DL, fill out a waiver and then you take or ride the bike from the shop.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    cool. what time does this start on Saturday?

Kaj
    mtbr member
    I believe the truck will be here at opening, 10am.

Shread Ready
    Wow, I bet these new SC bikes are sick! I'd love to demo one sometime myself. I was reading about the CARBON V10.4 on dirt mag and it's an Impressive sounding bike for sure.
    http://dirt.mpora.com/news/dirt-excl...-portugal.html

Hope you do this demo at one of your Boulder stores but I don't think you carry Santa Cruz in your Boulder stores. I don't know any shops off hand that carry Santa Cruz and Konas. Now that a nice combo! Ride ON.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Hmm...that was a waste of time. Drove across town and got there at 10:10 and the only medium tallboy was already gone...with a waiting list formed. I was told I could get on this waiting list and that riders were being asked to keep the tallboy demo to an hour. If this were being held at a trail head, great! By the time you load up, drive to a trail head, you'd have 15 min to ride. I didn't want to drive back across town again for a 15 min ride, so I asked FullCycles (the SantaCruz trailer was setup there) if they'd demo their shop tallboy. I was told should just buy it. Hmm. When I finally got the conversation back on demoing, the price was a firm $75. Not trying to shop bash here...just irritated for wasting my time.

Kaj
    mtbr member
    Hey Cytoe,

Sorry you could not get the bike you wanted. The Tallboys were in the most demand, and there was only one of each size. It's been the same at the shop, we have only received 3 or so Tallboys since they came out, but could have sold a dozen. So we haven't be able to make dedicated demos yet, the 2 that we let people demo just rode it once and then brought it back and bought it.

The SC folks are telling me we'll get more in a few weeks, then hopefully we can have a dedicated demo fleet ourselves.

In any case, if you PM me, I'll see if I work something out for you.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks Kaj. Sorry for the venting. Perhaps SantaCruz could setup the trailer next to a trail head (like Giant did in Fruita last week) next time.