Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Gaa-zee-raaaa!

The Sandbagger's back.

Well - it appears that Grant will be sandbagging again this year if he has his way. Grant stomped a number of very fast guys in the Men's Expert 30+ class today at Nathrop to take 1st in the MTX. The course was great fun and is definitely worth checking out if you haven't already.

Congratulations!

b1tch...

Last edited by Godzilla; 04-24-2006 at 08:00 AM.
    Now with more vitriol!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Well done!

Stand back
    Niiice job, Special G!

I uh, well, I at least rode my new bike this weekend - how much work it was to get it, that's some kind of accomplishment in itself.
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Cynical Bystander
    Congrats Grant. You were definitely smokin' it out there today! How'd you end up doing Josh?

I of course got knocked out first round, but seeing as how it was my first 4x race I didn't really mind. It was a fun atmosphere and a blast to get out and go riding all day. Although I'd have to say that the other course felt a lot better riding it, anybody know if the next rpm/yeti race will be on that?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

mtbr member
    Thanks a bunch, guys. Really, luck was on my side and I was able to run clean. I was pretty fast, but luck definitely helped me get the win. It's all because of the sweet bike, really. I'm actually a hack!

Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    I'd have to say that the other course felt a lot better riding it, anybody know if the next rpm/yeti race will be on that?
    Yes, the next RPM race will be on the original course. Also, as I understand it, for the Mtn States Cup race there, the Beginners and Sport riders will be on the original course and the "Extra Crispy" course will be for the Pros & Experts. I think that all depends on them being able to complete their two-sided gate for the two courses in time.

mtbr member
    Damn G! Good job! Obviously I never made it out. I was way too sore from riding on Saturday.
    Biker? I don't even know her.

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    Congrats Grant. You were definitely smokin' it out there today! How'd you end up doing Josh?

I of course got knocked out first round, but seeing as how it was my first 4x race I didn't really mind. It was a fun atmosphere and a blast to get out and go riding all day. Although I'd have to say that the other course felt a lot better riding it, anybody know if the next rpm/yeti race will be on that?
    I got knocked out in the first round too. I left the gate at a pace that was downright leisurely, and had several good "learning opportunities" from there. I washed my front end in the second berm leading into the six pack, which left me rolling the whole section. The best part was the big tabletop though - I managed to do some weird touchdown / bounce thing that left me laying on the side of the jump watching the other two guys finish.

I had a great time though, in spite of a race run that was embarrassing at best. This was my first MTX in 3 years, and my 3rd MTX ever, so my expectations were pretty realistic going into it. I really enjoyed the course and felt like I was gaining confidence / experience throughout the day (I was actually feeling pretty fast during practice ) so it was good.
    Now with more vitriol!

banned
    Apr 2006
    It is my understanding that the race was more silly than anything? I heard half the course was sand, and everyone had to push the climbs? "Even the pros"... was what I heard.... The XC course anyway. Did you hear anything like that?

Glad ya had fun! Sounded fun.

mtbr member
    I did hear the XC course was deep sand. No one in this thread is talking about the XC course - we are talking about the MTX course, which was also pretty sandy and loose.

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by .thumper.
    I did hear the XC course was deep sand. No one in this thread is talking about the XC course - we are talking about the MTX course, which was also pretty sandy and loose.
    Yeah, I definitely felt pretty sketchy in those berms during my race run. The one after the six pack was not only half sand but had started getting brake bumps on it as well.

Like Josh said this was more a learning experience for me than anything, and I have to say it was probably the most relaxed I've ever been racing. Probably due to not really being sure what to expect and really pressuring myself either. Did any of you guys get to see my race run? Or other runs for that matter... my dad was telling me that I had a pretty decent gate, but that I really fell behind at the first little step-up - to double before the berm leading into the six-pack; primarily because I rolled all those things, lol. Aside from that I was felling fairly fast and I think in the future if I improve my commitment to jumps I think I'll be doing a lot better.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

mutaullyassuredsuffering

Thread jumping

Quote Originally Posted by DamoNNomaD
    It is my understanding that the race was more silly than anything? I heard half the course was sand, and everyone had to push the climbs? "Even the pros"... was what I heard.... The XC course anyway. Did you hear anything like that?

Glad ya had fun! Sounded fun.

There was alot of sand on the first mile and then on the "descent" back to the start. Really it wasn't that bad except for a 100yd section into the first mile. I think it was actually fun watching everyone fishtail through there.

The first climb was doable as I got up it both times. The second climb was rideable as well even though I was stuck behind people walking the first time, and too tired the second time to get the little 2' dip that preceeded it. I got back on the bike though after walking 20 feet and rode the rest. The only thing that no-one appraently could get was a little dip into a wash that dropped down 10' then straight back up a sandyhill. Both climbs were only 100' long so even if you did walk them it was a very small percentage of the race.

I enjoyed it... again...!

mtbr member
    Photos are up... http://whitewaterphotography.com/Pho...6&PageNumber=1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by .thumper.; 04-24-2006 at 08:24 PM.

mtbr member

I'm dumb, what race@Nathrop?

What race was there today?

mtbr member
    Oooh! I just got an acceptance letter from Utopia Optics to be on their 2006 PrimeTime Amateur team! I can't wait for the goggles & stuff to show up. Looks like some good stuff!

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla
    Well - it appears that Grant will be sandbagging again this year if he has his way. Grant stomped a number of very fast guys in the Men's Expert 30+ class today at Nathrop to take 1st in the MTX.
    Congrats Grant!.....bows head....we're not worthy....

Nice way to start the season!
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    Congrats Grant!.....bows head....we're not worthy....

Nice way to start the season!
    Hey Don is DW going to be racing again this year? I'm assuming Junior Sport like myself?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Have you seen the sequence shots from your last race on pages 43 and 44?
    Now with more vitriol!

mtbr member
    Have you seen the sequence shots from your last race on pages 43 and 44?
    Yup - pretty funny!

banned
    Apr 2006
    Hmmm yea... no one was but ME. If you wanted be an ahole about it, you should have tried a PM. I am fully aware of what course was being discussed at what race. Not a damn thing wrong with asking someone that was AT the race day about the XC course or if he/she knew anything about it's condition.

It would seem that both courses were indeed sandy.

Thanks.

banned
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by used2Bhard
    There was alot of sand on the first mile and then on the "descent" back to the start. Really it wasn't that bad except for a 100yd section into the first mile. I think it was actually fun watching everyone fishtail through there.

The first climb was doable as I got up it both times. The second climb was rideable as well even though I was stuck behind people walking the first time, and too tired the second time to get the little 2' dip that preceeded it. I got back on the bike though after walking 20 feet and rode the rest. The only thing that no-one appraently could get was a little dip into a wash that dropped down 10' then straight back up a sandyhill. Both climbs were only 100' long so even if you did walk them it was a very small percentage of the race.

I enjoyed it... again...!
    Now THAT sounds more like what I would expect. I just had to verify what my buddy told me. If you would have talked to him, you would have thought there was ankle deep sand covering the entire area.

Thanks for the info.

Cynical Bystander
    Hmmm yea... no one was but ME. If you wanted be an ahole about it, you should have tried a PM. I am fully aware of what course was being discussed at what race. Not a damn thing wrong with asking someone that was AT the race day about the XC course or if he/she knew anything about it's condition.

It would seem that both courses were indeed sandy.

Thanks.
    Lol, I think Grant was just being mean because this thread is about him being a sandbagger again. That said, the xc and mx race days were not one in the same, so unfortunately a lot of us weren't able to find out conditions from the xc course. But from what I gather in this thread it wasn't that bad, so that's good.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

banned
    Apr 2006
    I understand.

I think my friend just had a bad day...

I would have liked to check out the MTX course though. Sounds like a lot of fun and a good day.

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    If you had half a clue you'd realize that Grant wasn't being an "ahole" about it, but simply stating a fact. You're not trolling in the political forum right now, b1tch, we are the people you may be meeting on the trail and riding with - you may do well to pipe the f*ck down and quit looking for arguments.

Don't expect for me to spend more of my time responding to your "contribution" to this thread - I'm tired of reading through threads that you've filled with trash while attempting to start flame wars and have no desire to contribute to your effort, outside of telling you to shut the f*ck up.

Thank you.
    Now with more vitriol!

mtbr member
    If you had half a clue you'd realize that Grant wasn't being an "ahole" about it, but simply stating a fact. You're not trolling in the political forum right now, b1tch, we are the people you may be meeting on the trail and riding with - you may do well to pipe the f*ck down and quit looking for arguments.

Don't expect for me to spend more of my time responding to your "contribution" to this thread - I'm tired of reading through threads that you've filled with trash while attempting to start flame wars and have no desire to contribute to your effort, outside of telling you to shut the f*ck up.

Thank you.
    LOL - oh boy! Here we go. I was waiting for this... I knew once DamonTrollmaD posted in this thread it would probably head in some sort of war. Good times!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Ha-ha! LOL... Nice one Gzilla!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast