mtbr member

Sand Creek Race Series?

I have never raced before and am thinking about starting. Is this a good place to start? I am going to be in the Clydesdale bracket and am even thinking of trying SS. Anyone here race that series?

Thanks for any help

Hairshirt Rider
    It would certainly be a good way to try out racing. The races are cheap and local.

The series goes all the bay to the early nineties and ended in 2002 (i think). The series was resurrected last spring with the races at bear creek park on the new set of trails. Those races were ~50 minutes + a lap.

The CMSP course is new this year (as part of the series).

Races at the AFA are usually on the Falcon Trail.

I think the fact that the CMSP race is UCI sanctioned is pretty cool and I'm looking forward to seeing how the elite racers handle Pikes Peak granite at race speed.

mtbr member
    I am really thinking I want to do it!

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    You might want to pre-ride the Bear Creek course on your singlespeed before entering an event on it? I think geared would be easier for 1st race.

People of zee wurl,Relax!

I race it singlespeed.

I did a couple of the races last year and will do some of the series this year on my singlespeed. The course is pretty boring at Bear Creek so the SS can make it a little more interesting. I think it is a cheap way to try out racing. I would suggest trying at least 1 MSC race or try the Lake Pueblo race in April on the singlespeed for a fun time.
    Less Talk, More Rock.
    http://www.peakmtb.com

mtbr member
    Thanks!

Living Large in Germany
    Sep 2008
    Don't forget there's a Fall Classic race too. Last year it was in Cheyenne Mtn State Park, for this year it's been moved to a more central location in Colorado Springs (mid October) and I guarantee that this course will be awesome. One of the last bicycle (if not the last) races there was in the early 90's and Patrick O'Grady was the promoter I think.