mtbr member
    May 2007

San Isabel ride tomorow (and info?)

Just wondering if anyone is free to ride near San Isabel tomorrow (Fri)? Also, any trail info on what is best to ride and if Snowslide/Cisneros/St. Charles are melted out?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Where is this San Isabel you speak of? I'm in dire need of a long MTB ride as I've been out of town and away from the bike for the last week.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    The easiest way to find San Isabel is to look for the CO City exit on I-25 (I think #74) and then head west past Rye.

mtbr member
    I don't think san Isabel is rideable yet. I can still see alot of snow from my house in the "Snowslide trail" clearing. This leads me to believe the rest is still a week or two out.
    My recomendation for a good loop would be to start at lake Isabel. Ride up the Cisneros trail from lake isabel to Greenhorn mountain road. Take a right on Greenhorn mountain road to a right on the St charles peak access Rd. At the end of this road there is a clearing "keep north" pick up the decending St Charles trail that turns left. At the fork take the right. The right fork heads back down to Lake Isabel. The left decends to hwy 165 a few miles west of lake Isabel.
    There are even more options in the area. Just looks that right now its not going to be snow free. The wet mountains did get hammered this winter.

mtbr member
    Stuff below 165 is dry (Squirrel Crk, Dome Rock, 2nd Mace, etc.). We just did South Creek last week. Dry as a bone, and creek crossings were very tame. But you could def tell the upper stuff still has snow in the trees.
    Biker? I don't even know her.

Members who have read this thread: 0