mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Salida trail work June 26, 27

Have you checked out all the new trails in Salida lately? If not, here is your opportunity. Salida Mountain Trails in association with Volunteers for Outdoors Colorado is adding more trail to the already impressive network of trails on the north side of town. Roll in and ride a day, work a day, or work both days if you want. The trails are really getting good so it is definitely worth a trip if you haven't ridden there lately.

VOC has arranged a special happy hour at the Boathouse Cantina in downtown Salida on Friday night. Volunteers will be given discounts on drinks and appetizers. Sit on the deck, enjoy some cold ones, and watch the paddlers play in the waves on the Arkansas River.

This is Salida’s “Art Walk” weekend so while you are in town you can checkout the galleries. World renowned artist, Christo, will lecture at the SteamPlant Event Center on Friday night.

If you are from out of town, free camping is available at the high school -- free hot showers! Or grab a bed at one of the many motels in the area.

Current trail map is here.

Last edited by BonkedAgain; 06-15-2010 at 08:41 PM.

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Christo at the Steam Plant? That should be interesting.

mtbr member
    Please post when the work is done so I can come up and ride
    Somebody better get me a stamp...I'm gonna send it

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Bump

If you don't have plans for this weekend, Salida is beckoning with cold brews, good food, good trails, and a McLeod.