Card Carrying Member

Saddle up and ride!

So I'm playing fetch with the cat yesterday and I roll over with my arm between my lower chest/rib and the floor... Crack! I hear this loud pop followed by a nice pain in my lower rib cage. Now this wasn't an extreme fetching move by any means, but I took a hit to the chest/side when I fell in the 'Springs and it was mildly sore there up until then. Now it's hard to pick anything up off the floor, deep breaths in some positions are a little tight and there is a difinitive pain associated with that single rib. So here I sit thinking about going back to the doctor for a chest xray that is probably going to end up putting me off the bike for even longer. It's not out of place or anything weird, so I'm going to see how it goes today and cruise in to the doctor in the AM... unless it gets WAY better. Right now my breast bone area pops when I raise my arms up and my shoulder blade pops when I lower it. Neat huh!?

Good news is that my finger is now moving on its own and even bends all the places it's supposed to!

So anyway... here's my steed for the time being.
    Attached Images Attached Images

contains quinine
    Where's the Xbox/Playstation2 controllers? You're going to need to up the bling bling factor.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

Card Carrying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Debaser
    Where's the Xbox/Playstation2 controllers? You're going to need to up the bling bling factor.
    Game pass.

The computer chair is the most comfortable chair in the joint right now, so I suppose the internet will consume a good portion of my time. There goes all of my summer weight loss! Pass me another bagel with veggie cream cheese!

Perpetually single track
    Quote Originally Posted by kitchenware
    Pass me another bagel with veggie cream cheese!
    Yup...clearly a boulderite.

Ribs injuries only get better with time, no downtime needed. My 60+ year old dad who took up mtn. biking three years ago and broke his rib last summer mtbing at Rockville in Ca. Now a little over a year later it's all healed and he was riding the whole time. Suck it up boy and ride!!!!
    The more out of shape you are, the steeper the hill looks.

Card Carrying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ibmkidIII
    Yup...clearly a boulderite.
    I live on the EDGE of Boulder.

I'm milking this for at LEAST a week before I start riding my bike again. Otherwise, if I start acting tough and riding, I'll have to start doing all of the other things I'm supposed to be doing. We all know that doing things you like to do while you're in pain isn't so bad, but everything else sucks.

crashes in parkinglot

I can think of some things you could do....

I have some movies you could watch on your home pc. Also i'm really getting the itch to do some welding so if you want to do some research in that area that'd be cool. If your finger is getting better L and i are gonna hit White sometime on suday if you are feeling up to it.

Hairshirt Rider
    That's why I'm a dog person.

So weird, I actually expect to see a bike to be leaning against that couch.

Auto Racer
    Sorry to hear the news Jim. Dr. Bob will get you all fixed up though.

I don't think the rib will be all that bad for you as even I rode three days at the Pedro's MTB Fest back in MA w/a broken rib. Lots of advil, a perscription from the good Dr., and enough beer to drown a lesser man made sure I felt like a million bucks all weekend.

trail waggler

Buncha beer and Team America...

Would probably do 'ya good. That movie sounds too hilarious!!

I got my Doc app. tomorrow, but if you're around, maybe I can stop by, maybe with a growler of 'Hoppy Boy' ( I can hear the Beat Farmers singin'

Broke ribs suck, I popped two when I shattered my ankle...beer...percocet...beer...oh, what the hay

Did you see that Saber special at Wheelworld? Can a person put a kidney up for auction on eBay?

Card Carrying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bicycle019
    Sorry to hear the news Jim. Dr. Bob will get you all fixed up though.
    Yeah, the good doctor hung out for the first couple of days, but he left yesterday. Hopefully I can get him to swing back by in the near future.

trail waggler

Hey Alex!...

What up? How'er you doing? Are you going to the swap? We have to get a MTBR CO Local group together for the Swap! ( Yeah, I don't have any money to spend either )

Still riding the Fuel?

Card Carrying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daveM
    Would probably do 'ya good. That movie sounds too hilarious!!

I got my Doc app. tomorrow, but if you're around, maybe I can stop by, maybe with a growler of 'Hoppy Boy' ( I can hear the Beat Farmers singin'

Broke ribs suck, I popped two when I shattered my ankle...beer...percocet...beer...oh, what the hay

Did you see that Saber special at Wheelworld? Can a person put a kidney up for auction on eBay?
    I'm afraid to give up that extra kidney the way things are going. hehe, might need it.

Yeah, you should swing by if you get a chance. Just give me a ring as I've got to get some tires mounted. The front ones wore out first because they were uhhhh defective, yeah, that's it.

Going out for a country drive to run these slicks one last time.

contains quinine
    ( I can hear the Beat Farmers singin'
    Holy carp! this I did nmot expect from our local mountain man!

Hubba hubba hubba hubba hubba!
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

Auto Racer
    What up? How'er you doing? Are you going to the swap? We have to get a MTBR CO Local group together for the Swap! ( Yeah, I don't have any money to spend either )

Still riding the Fuel?
    Still got the Fuel for now but I'm looking (once again) for something new this winter, and this time I mean it!

I might head down to the swap but I can never find anything I want to spend my $$ on, if I have any left after my car gets it's "allowance".

Auto Racer
    Yeah, the good doctor hung out for the first couple of days, but he left yesterday. Hopefully I can get him to swing back by in the near future.
    Oh he's around so I'm sure he can swing on down for a visit and maybe a spin on your new DH bike, um I mean couch.

starladear
    Feb 2004
    broke my rib 4 weeks ago,, since then I have spent 5 days in fruita - moab logging 160 miles plus another 8 rides in boulder area . you need to ride

Now Uploading

How far do you have to reach for the beer?
    [SIZE=2]Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust[/SIZE]

Card Carrying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbdirteater
    How far do you have to reach for the beer?
    Here comes the most ghastly statement ever uttered by a mtnbiker...

I don't really drink that much beer, I probably only average about 12 a year unless I get going at a party or something. Besides, I have kids so I'm never too far from the fridge.

Card Carrying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by starladear
    broke my rib 4 weeks ago,, since then I have spent 5 days in fruita - moab logging 160 miles plus another 8 rides in boulder area . you need to ride
    Well, I have a totally different outlook on things today since I actually found a comfortable sleeping position last night. You know, one where you don't injure it every night setting yourself back.

I'd probably ride the pavement today if I didn't have so much to do. I'll for sure be riding something this weekend, but it'll be mellow since my finger doesn't like excessive jarring.

trail waggler
    That's the only song that I've heard from them, some radio show that I used to listen to would play it every Friday (I think that it was a bluegrass show )