Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Roxborough ride routed by randy ram

674 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  DWF 
#1 · (Edited)
So I get a late start on my ride since I made the mistake of answering the phone as it rang on my way out. No matter, I'll just work a little later. The road alongside the Platte is frozen and the miles are rolling my fast until I'm almost to the Dam. There's a Bighorn ram standing in the road and I pull out my camera to get a pic as I roll to a stop about 50-feet from him. These guys are always hanging out in Waterton and I've seen them, literally, hundreds of times.

Anyway, I'm futzing with the camera and I can hear him mewling at me. I didn't really think anything about it, I snap a quick pic through fogging glasses and the bastid charges me! I held my ground for about 1-second and I'm starting to think, you know, he seems pretty serious, so I sprint away about 50 yards or so and he stops. As soon as I stop he charges me again. I picked up a rock and winged it at him and I'm like WTF!?, he was really barrelling this time so I take off again and as soon as I stop, he comes at me again. I don't know if he wanted to fock or fight but I didn't want to find out either way so oy old Ranger training of "retreat and live to fight another day" took over and I headed back to the parking lot.

#2 ·
Awesome - you got pictures of the angry bast@rd!! Next time you should do like the matadors do, only get a picture of your hand giving this derelict ram the two finger treatment (ala Three Stooges) as he passes... I'd be sure to wear a few layers of spandex beneath your riding shorts, just in case it's not a fight that he's after though :D

I noticed that your truck was nowhere to be found on my way into work (7:15) this AM

#3 ·
s1ngletrack said:
Awesome - you got pictures of the angry bast@rd!! Next time you should do like the matadors do, only get a picture of your hand giving this derelict ram the two finger treatment (ala Three Stooges) as he passes... I'd be sure to wear a few layers of spandex beneath your riding shorts, just in case it's not a fight that he's after though :D

I noticed that your truck was nowhere to be found on my way into work (7:15) this AM
Yeah, I got a late start this morning. The ram thing was bizarre. I've ridden 5-feet away from them and they act like you're not even there but this guy was having none of it. The rut has just started so he probably just has his sexdrive redlined and I am a good looking SOB no matter what species you are! :)

Part of it that they're just not afraid of people anymore either. I can't count the times I've seen folks feeding them. I saw a woman up there one day pushing a baby stroller and feeding one out of her hand and I'm thinking, this would make a great addition to the that TV show, "When animals attack!"

#4 ·
DWF said:
Yeah, I got a late start this morning. The ram thing was bizarre. I've ridden 5-feet away from them and they act like you're not even there but this guy was having none of it. The rut has just started so he probably just has his sexdrive redlined and I am a good looking SOB no matter what species you are! :)

Part of it that they're just not afraid of people anymore either. I can't count the times I've seen folks feeding them. I saw a woman up there one day pushing a baby stroller and feeding one out of her hand and I'm thinking, this would make a great addition to the that TV show, "When animals attack!"
Classic... I drive to and from Evergreen every day and find it amusing that people seem to think that I'm an @ss when I honk my horn at the deer crossing the street (as oppossed to sitting and watching them) - correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it in the deers best interest to be afraid of cars?

#5 ·
s1ngletrack said:
Classic... I drive to and from Evergreen every day and find it amusing that people seem to think that I'm an @ss when I honk my horn at the deer crossing the street (as oppossed to sitting and watching them) - correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it in the deers best interest to be afraid of cars?
No, you're right, and I lost my old '70 Challenger 340 R/T to one of those jaywalking teabags!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.