Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

rode evergreen today - 3 sisters

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  btadlock 
#1 ·
alderfer / 3 sisters park rode nice today. no crowds and good trail conditions. a little windy but fun. check it out for a nice ride.

#5 ·
He's saying "open for biking part of the year..."

Flyer said:
Open all year long? I though Three Sisters was good but that EM and BP were still muddy. I gotta get out more:)
"open for cross country skiing the rest of the year." So yeah, open all year :thumbsup:

#6 ·
Evergreen Mtn....

Just to be clear, I am talking about evergreen mtn, across the road from the 3sisters trail section.... rode it last Thursday, it is all good, one section, perhaps 7 ft long of moderately wet area, other than that, bone dry.
Given the conditions of evr grn mtn and lair of the bear, (again, bone dry), I would expect Bergen Peak to be rideable, perhaps not without some damp areas, but I assume it would be rideable.
I almost went and road Bergen today, but I am using the Mt. Falcon climb as a training ride to get in shape for Moab this weekend.

#7 ·
Elk Meadow/Bergen Peak Conditions

I did a trail run yesterday starting at Elk Meadow all the way to the top of Bergen Peak. It was pretty windy and cold (and snowing, though not sticking, the whole way up). Any trail not covered by snow is bone dry, and there was only one significant snow field up until that last mile up the Bergen Peak trail. I wouldn't recommend taking the last turn to go all the way to the top, as there was quite a bit of snow over the course of the last half mile up. Shouldn't be too much longer, I hope.:thumbsup:

#8 ·
Ride it while you can, folks!

RAIN SHOWERS WILL INCREASE TONIGHT WITH SOME MIX OF RAIN AND SNOW
ABOVE 5500 FEET. SNOW WILL ALSO DEVELOP OVER THE MOUNTAINS AND
FOOTHILLS THIS EVENING AND COULD BE HEAVY AT TIMES LATER TONIGHT.
ACCUMULATIONS OF 4 TO 7 INCHES IS POSSIBLE TONIGHT OVER THE
MOUNTAINS AND FRONT RANGE FOOTHILLS.

#9 ·
dang it
never ending

#10 ·
looks good at the moment....

noon, sunshine, albeit windy, which could certainly change in minutes.
hoping to get one more trip up falcon before the snow flies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.