odo
    mtbr member

Rocky Mtn. G3 Gravity Series

I am new to racing and I had a few questions about the Super D at Rocky Mtn. G3 Gravity Series. How many people usually race in one category of the Super D race? Do people have to run to their bikes during the mass start? What is required in terms of registration and licenses?
    Nitwit, Oddment, Blubber, Tweak

I bicycle better than I walk

mtbr member
    May 2007
    http://www.racemsc.com should answer your questions.

odo
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by merft
    http://www.racemsc.com should answer your questions.
    It didn't answer all my questions though
    Nitwit, Oddment, Blubber, Tweak

I bicycle better than I walk

Awesomist™
    Quote Originally Posted by odo
    I am new to racing and I had a few questions about the Super D at Rocky Mtn. G3 Gravity Series. How many people usually race in one category of the Super D race? Do people have to run to their bikes during the mass start? What is required in terms of registration and licenses?
    Here's a few thing, hopefully I can shed some light on your questions...

1. The G3 Series has been absorbed by the Mountain States Cup, so no more G3 races, at least for this season.
    2. Since G3s are now part of the MSC, it's hard to say how many people will race in each category. The categories for G3 will most likely reflect something closer to the MSC, although the MSC will most likely have new classes as well. To see how many people usually race in each category of Super-D at an MSC or G3 event, check the results from last year on those respective websites.
    3. I believe that yes, the people are running with their bikes in all classes EXCEPT the money classes (Pro, Semi-Pro, and Jedi Master) - those classes get individual time-trial starts.
    4. Sport and Beginner classes can sign up for races without buying an annual USA Cycling license. Everyone else has to purchase and annual license through USAC.

Hope that helps.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.