mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Rocky Mtn Endurance series. questions for single speed set up

hey all,
    I am planning on racing all of the races in the rocky mountain endurance series this year in the singlespeed class. Had some questions about what gear ratio ss folks are using for the races. I normally use a 32/20 on a 29er, but I also normally ride pretty steep trails. thinking about a 19t or 18t even in the back. thoughts?
    Thank you,
    Ryan

simple
    You better make your decision soon. Once you choose your gear ratio for the season you need to stick to it. You must log in your gear ratio on your race entry form and course marshals will check your bike during the race. Once you finish you will be ranked against others in your gear ratio class. OBVIOUSLY 29er finishers are ranked separately than 26er and 650Ber racers. Sex isn't ranked separately because all singlespeeders are classified as badasses and rewarded even higher than the $12,000 a year salaried pros at endurance races.

I prefer 35:21 as my SS ratio. I run 700cc wheels so you might need to adjust from that.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    when you say choose for the season. are you saying that you need to have the same ratio for every race in the RME series? or just the inibililty to change mid race?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    look up in the sky it says gullible right above your house.
    LOL 69er!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    lol oh my god i just **** myself so funny.