mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Rocky Mountain Ultra Series race change, B-68

The 4th Stop in the Rocky Mountain Ultra Series on July 18th has been changed from the Breckenridge 100, to the B-68 XC Challenge. The B-68 uses loops two and three of the pristine Breck 100 cloverleaf style course. This change will allow more racers to participate in terms of making it easier both financially and physically, and is a better fit for the Series. Racers who have already registered for the Breck 100 and have competed in a previous RMU race this year - your result will count towards points in the Series, no worries. For those who haven't registered and wish to contest the RMU Points Series, or just race on this unique backcountry racecourse as a solo or two-person team, you can sign up now. The Breckenridge 100 will continue to be part of the National 100 Series, and openings are still available in that race as well, both for solo and three person teams.
    Last edited by tanoricardo; 06-09-2009 at 12:23 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tanoricardo
    The 4th Stop in the Rocky Mountain Ultra Series on July 18th has been changed from the Breckenridge 100, to the B-68 XC Challenge. The B-68 uses loops two and three of the pristine Breck 100 cloverleaf style course. This change will allow more racers to participate in terms of making it easier both financially and physically, and is a better fit for the Series. Racers who have already registered for the Breck 100 and have competed in a previous RMU race this year - your result will count towards points in the Series, no worries. For those who haven't registered and wish to contest the RMU Points Series, or just race on this unique backcountry racecourse as a solo or two-person team, you can sign up now. The Breckenridge 100 will continue to be part of the National 100 Series, and openings are still available in that race as well, both for solo and three person teams.
    What? I haven't registered for the 100 yet. But I plan to. Will my result count towards the series? How will results from both the 68 and 100 count toward the series? And why make the 68 part of the series instead? How is it a better fit? The Growler and Laramie Enduro are already in that range in terms of distance, the 100 provides greater diversity for the series. The 100 is THE premier event for that day, in my mind, the 68 and 32 are for people who are ill prepared for the 100, but may plan on doing it at some point. You're diminishing it's value by removing it from the RMU series.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

hmmm

100 is a bit too much for me, maybe the 68 will do the trick.

TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON
    Quote Originally Posted by perioeci
    What? I haven't registered for the 100 yet. But I plan to. Will my result count towards the series? How will results from both the 68 and 100 count toward the series? And why make the 68 part of the series instead? How is it a better fit? The Growler and Laramie Enduro are already in that range in terms of distance, the 100 provides greater diversity for the series. The 100 is THE premier event for that day, in my mind, the 68 and 32 are for people who are ill prepared for the 100, but may plan on doing it at some point. You're diminishing it's value by removing it from the RMU series.
    I agree here. I did the B68 last year....it fit better into my season plan for the year. But I like the addition of 100 mile format into the RMU Series to find the best all-around endurance rider...especially those focusing on the RMU. I know many people who are treating this as their big race of the year....the entire riding season is based on prep for this 100 mile epic. Just my 2. I'll respect your decision.

SonyaLooney
    Seriously? I have planned for months to do the 100 as part of the series, and in fact shaped my season around that - so now that means if someone WANTS to race the 100, which is also part of the NUE series (national ULTRA endurance), then they basically can't contest the series. This is supposed to be ultra-endurance, right? "Rocky Mountain Ultra-Endurance" series? I totally agree with perioeci. If you don't even want to try to race 100, you probably should not be able to do well in a series designed for ultra-endurance.
    Sonya Looney
    www.sonyalooney.com

Facebook
    @looneysonya

simple

e

I concur with Team Green about training physically and mentally for the 100. Kerkove told me he thought he could take down Tostado!!...no I made that up..or did I?

The other side of the coin is that I would much rather spend $68 for the B-68 race then $185 for the Breck100. Maybe if I ask nicely you can tell me why there is such a price difference? USA Cycling? NUE?

Since the schedule changed this time I think I will keep my fingers crossed that the 12hours of Snowmass gets added to schedule since the Dawn Til Dusk race was cancelled.

TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON
    Quote Originally Posted by 69erSycip
    Kerkove told me he thought he could take down Tostado!!
    Only in my dreams!

SonyaLooney
    I'll take him down!! hahahahahah. rrrrrriiiiggghhttt.
    Sonya Looney
    www.sonyalooney.com

Facebook
    @looneysonya

dwj
    mtbr member
    i agree that taking the 100 out of the series sucks it........ i'm doing the 100 either way and i'm not one who gets supper excited about handing over a bunch of money just to do well in a "series" but it just so happens that i was planning on doing all the races except laramie anyway, now i stand no chance of that coveted top ten placing.
    there should be a poll of the top ten riders in the rankings to see if they are in for the 100 or the 68.
    if someone needs a race to be a part of a series to enter maybe they should ask why they are racing in the first place. it is good to have goals and all but maybe the goal should be complete and utter bliss, and if that happens wouldn't you rather have that feeling for 100 miles rather than 68

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dwj
    i agree that taking the 100 out of the series sucks it........ i'm doing the 100 either way and i'm not one who gets supper excited about handing over a bunch of money just to do well in a "series" but it just so happens that i was planning on doing all the races except laramie anyway, now i stand no chance of that coveted top ten placing.
    there should be a poll of the top ten riders in the rankings to see if they are in for the 100 or the 68.
    if someone needs a race to be a part of a series to enter maybe they should ask why they are racing in the first place. it is good to have goals and all but maybe the goal should be complete and utter bliss, and if that happens wouldn't you rather have that feeling for 100 miles rather than 68
    You seem to be contradicting yourself here. It's hard to tell by your grammar. No matter. Don't assume the series is the only reason Looney and I want to do the 100. Actually, never assume anything.

dwj
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by perioeci
    You seem to be contradicting yourself here. It's hard to tell by your grammar. No matter. Don't assume the series is the only reason Looney and I want to do the 100. Actually, never assume anything.
    actually, i wasn't referring directly to anything you said. just mindless rambling