mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Riding this week- best choice of trail?

Hi all-

I will be visiting Denver, Colorado for work for a few days this week and should hopefully have an opportunity to get out for a ride. I will have Tuesday afternoon available and most of Friday. From reading about conditions this type of year, it sounds like the safest bet is to drive down to Pueblo. I will have to rent a bike also. Any other good suggestions? Walker ranch in ok condition?
    thanks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    There are plenty of trails that are rideable in the Denver area.... in reality, I would guess that most of them are.

I personally would recommend Centennial Cone outside of Golden (search on this forum and you'll find a few recent posts).

skillz to pay billz
    walker, 95% dry

Thread Terrorist
    Golden Bike shop for rentals.

Centennial Cone, White Ranch, and North Table are drier options close by.

Sounds like Mt. Falcon would be good as well.

Shattering Glass
    Just about anything. This winter has been awesome

..ouch
    Quote Originally Posted by nOOby
    walker, 95% dry
    Yo.. nOOby. If the weather holds I was going to try and get out there for an after work spin this week. Assuming I'll drive to the TH, do you know if 68j is open/passable to 4wd vehicles right now, or would I need to drive around to the Coal Creek side?

skillz to pay billz
    Quote Originally Posted by thump
    Yo.. nOOby. If the weather holds I was going to try and get out there for an after work spin this week. Assuming I'll drive to the TH, do you know if 68j is open/passable to 4wd vehicles right now, or would I need to drive around to the Coal Creek side?
    I'm guessing it is although I haven't been over there for a while. 359 is fully dry in the sun so I think you should be ok.
    Last edited by nOOby; 02-09-2009 at 02:38 PM.

Dude...
    Mt. Falcon was in great shape on Saturday. I on the other hand felt a bit whooped, but better than expected, after not riding since fall.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Thanks everyone. I am planning to try something out tomorrow afternoon- either in Colorado Springs or Golden area. Then on Friday somewhere
    When I was in town two years ago I rented from Golden Bikes and they were great. I rode at White ranch and Breckenridge but it was July. I figured if I head southward to Colorado Springs I was going to rent a bike from Criterium Bikes and go riding in the area

Anyone willing to show me around??

..ouch
    Quote Originally Posted by nOOby
    I'm guessing it is although I haven't been over there for a while. 359 is fully dry in the sun so I think you should be ok.
    Cool.. been a while and I can't remember if they gate it during winter or not. Thanks

skillz to pay billz
    it's possible that the east end is gated

mtbr member
    Matthews Winter was good this weekend. Why drive to Pueblo?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcD
    Thanks everyone. I am planning to try something out tomorrow afternoon- either in Colorado Springs or Golden area. Then on Friday somewhere
    When I was in town two years ago I rented from Golden Bikes and they were great. I rode at White ranch and Breckenridge but it was July. I figured if I head southward to Colorado Springs I was going to rent a bike from Criterium Bikes and go riding in the area

Anyone willing to show me around??
    I rode a sweet large Jet 9 on Sunday from Golden Bike shop. They have a pretty good selection at the moment. Good Luck. You can take a look at my Spot belt drive while you are at the shop..

South Table and White ranch are in good shape at the moment.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelman1
    I rode a sweet large Jet 9 on Sunday from Golden Bike shop. They have a pretty good selection at the moment. Good Luck. You can take a look at my Spot belt drive while you are at the shop..

South Table and White ranch are in good shape at the moment.
    I saw the Spot belt drive! Neat idea!
    I rented a Salsa 29er hardtail and went over to Mathew Winter Park. Nice place- esp the Red Rocks setting. The trail across the Hwy (can't think of the name of it at the moment- but the rocky knarly one) was neat, but I took it in the wrong direction. It was also a bit to hardcore for me on a regular XC hardtail.

Thread Terrorist
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcD
    I saw the Spot belt drive! Neat idea!
    I rented a Salsa 29er hardtail and went over to Mathew Winter Park. Nice place- esp the Red Rocks setting. The trail across the Hwy (can't think of the name of it at the moment- but the rocky knarly one) was neat, but I took it in the wrong direction. It was also a bit to hardcore for me on a regular XC hardtail.
    That's not an easy trail the wrong way! Glad you had a good time!