mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Riding in Red Feather Lakes?

I've heard there are some great trails in Red Feather Lakes. Anyone know where I can find some more info? Are the trails well-marked? Are they open now? Thanks-

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    bump

mtbr member
    Call Beaver Meadows Resort (www.beavermeadows.com) to get trail conditions in the area. They have a great trail system, lots of semi-technical flowy singletrack. Just to the south of there are the USFS Killpecker and Lone Pine trails. You can climb a road to the top of either and then bomb down the singletrack. There is probably still snow at the top of these, ~11k feet.

slow
    2 photos of Killpecker and one of Lone Pine.

I didn't care much for them last time I rode up there. There are quite a few trails on the map in the area. Some OHV traffic. Hope to explore a little more up there this summer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

what nice teeth you have
    The beaver meadows trails are nice. Best to wait till june though. Did a May trail work day a few years back and there was still some snow.
    There is a trail map on the BM website above.

Helmet Tester
    Jul 2004

Conditions in the Red Feather area?

Sgltrak & others who have ridden Killpecker, Lone Pine and other trails in the Red Feather area .... any idea if those would be rideable yet or is it a little too high up? I am hoping to get out this weekend and do a little exploring. Any help is much appreciated.

slow
    I would guess is is in OK condition. Old Flowers / Buckhorn is slightly lower elevation (10k vs 9k) , and reports from Jeff Kerkove here on the Front Range board show that Old Flowers has been ridable for a few weeks. Killpecker and Lone Pine both have significant north facing areas, so you may find a bit of snow. I'd go for it. Post conditions upon your return.