mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Riding in Monutment/ Mt. Herman. What else is there?

Hello,

I have recently been riding quite a bit down in Monument, CO (Mt. Herman/Limbaugh Canyon) and been having a great time. I park in a parking lot where Mt. Herman road turns to dirt and take a mix of single track and dirt to the 715 trail.

Is there more in this area that I am missing?

Is there a way to get up to the trail head by taking single track the entire way.

I am kind of hoping to find some more trails to link up to get 20+ miles out of this area.

Thanks,
    Randall

Antitheist & Kitten lover
    As always, search previous threads. This question has come up previously.

To quote Joe, the biggest loops are about 14 miles. You can easily knock out 11 without heading over the mountain. Once you are over the mountain, the trails are endless.
    Race Mojo Wheels | Read VitalMTB

Candlestick Maker
    Quote Originally Posted by quadraphonics View Post
    Hello,

I have recently been riding quite a bit down in Monument, CO (Mt. Herman/Limbaugh Canyon) and been having a great time. I park in a parking lot where Mt. Herman road turns to dirt and take a mix of single track and dirt to the 715 trail.

Is there more in this area that I am missing?

Is there a way to get up to the trail head by taking single track the entire way.

I am kind of hoping to find some more trails to link up to get 20+ miles out of this area.

Thanks,
    Randall
    Lots of good riding to explore in the area. To get up to Limbaugh via single track, just take the Stoopid trail all the way up to where it crosses the road. A bit of a grunt, but it keeps you off of the road.

Loads of singletrack in the Work Center area. Just park at the main trailhead at Nursery Rd and explore.

Powerline trail off of 318 is fun. Mule Trail off of the Mt Herman hiking trail is fun. Neither of these are easy to find and would be better explored with someone who has done them before. Keep your eye on the forum and you'll see an occasional gathering that would be fun to join.
    baker