www.newenglandmtb.com
    Apr 2008

Riding Flagstaff to get from Boulder to Walker Ranch, how far?

Hi folks, i'm visiting the aera and noticed the road from Boulder to Walker Ranch,
    Can anyone tell me roughly how long it will take to get there? is it s stupid idea to ride up there?
    Thanks

skillz to pay billz
    do it, I believe its about 24 miles total. Called the super walker. watch your brakes on the return
    Last edited by nOOby; 07-28-2008 at 07:52 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    It's been a long time since I've lived in Boulder and done "super-walker." I think it was maybe an hour to get to the trailhead from the bottom of flagstaff and an hour or two around walker. Then, you can ride west on flagstaff until it turns to double and singletrack and down magnolia andback into town via boulder canyon 119 for about a 36 mile loop.

web
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    From downtown Boulder it is probably a little under 30 miles and about 6000 feet of elevation change total. Definitely not a stupid idea, lots of people do that ride.

tiny rider
    A couple months ago, someone posted about breaking 2 hrs for the loop from the Chautauqua parking lot. If you are human, though, 2.5-3 hrs is more likely. Add time if it's hot and/or you want to enjoy the view.

N00by's right, at ~24 miles from Broadway and maybe 5500-6k feet of climbing. Just save a little for the grunt back to the Flagstaff summit on your way back 'down'.

If you have more time, you can continue up magnolia after doing your Walker loop and bike some more trails near Nederland. I wouldn't recommend riding down Boulder Canyon all the way, but from the bottom of Magnolia (if you follow nca777's route) down isn't too much ugliness.

Of course, some people might suggest taking the bus to Ned, and riding down. People sure are strange

mtbr member
    Elevation graph posted at trailcentral.com here:
    http://www.trailcentral.com/gps/gps_details.php?key=20

skillz to pay billz
    Yeah, the bus to ned high school, play around in west mag, head east on reboot, becomes the dots, drop down to 68j over to walker, do walker, up and over flagstaff.