mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Riding in breckenridge sucks

Yeah, last night like all the whinny trail b$^#&$ rant and rave about I practiced my perfect trail etiquette. I rode straight through every snow bank, instead of braiding the trails I rode right into every mud puddle and down every line of washed out river like trail. Saved my butt somehow as I superman’d into a knee high mud pit. That was on some road “you fixed” last summer.

I ignored all your “trail closed” signs that you waste tax payer dollars on. I can’t believe you pay some schmuck to go ride or hike out there to post those. It seems that every summer it’s more like hanging out in boulder county than it is in breckenridge, with all your “regulations” and trail etiquette bull pucky.

Some moron dropped a bunch of trees on my fav downhill line. WTF? Are you trying to close that trail too? That’s alright I started to make a new trail to connect it up with my loop. But you homo’s did suck a good job with your manly chain saw that you dropped a ton of them and I had to build a longer trail than I wanted. I was kinda surprised as I bushwacked it around that stuff. But boy when I came up on them trees like a bat out of hell I lost my cool I didn’t know what to make of the destruction and trail loss.

It seems in your infinite trail building you can total thrash what was once a ripping downhill line with some flowy curvey crap. I once counted 36 turns in that new trail you wasted your time on. I think you even got gov dinkenlooper out there for a photo op to show what great people you think you are. You see after work I’d go out there and hammer like a recreationalist in a pro-kit. Taking my frustration out on that once awesome downhill, instead I’ve got to take my time and make a million turns instead of b-lining it like a DH-iller on a ten inch travel bike.

The kicker is you (fixed) that trail but can’t get the upper part to drain properly. Maybe it was the heavy metal laden mine water I rode through. Got some of that in my mouth and nose and boy did that burn. At least I had my map of all the great trails in the area when things started getting blurry. Instead of getting lost like I did when I was some rosy faced kid back in the day………. Man I used to get so f’d up that I didn’t know south from west up from down. But now I’ve got a trail map and everything is marked now, thank god because that gets me out of those benders. Saw that new trail sign you threw up the other day. No motos’ I think it said. How much do you piss away on signage a year, creating some three ring mtb circus out there.

The riding in breck sucks and is only getting worse. Don’t come up here expecting anything less than some bs controlled boulder kinda mountain biking. The freedom that was there is now gone with trail building, trail closing, maps, and signage. I half expect to run into sum trail nazi whose gonna write me a ticket for havin fun. Then again I saw the po-po parked near a trail the other night. Which tossed me for a second. In my best interest I went the opposite way since me and cops seem to have a sour relationship. Then again sixteen miles into a ride and I didn’t see a damn soul out there. Ah…………………………

Yappy little dog!
    Is this for real? I kind of have this picture in my head of some scraggy dirty long haired kid with a full face helmet and vans, smoking a joint, then skidding mud all over the place.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Real or not, it was poorly written.

deez nuts
    Yes, the riding sucks here. Please leave and don't come back.

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Well, you can't please everyone.

mtbr member
    I recognize this writing... There was an idiot w/ a handle of Montashu posting on Ridemonkey's DH Forum a couple of years back who couldn't compose a sentence to save his life! This guy has the same style, which is to say he couldn't write his way out of a wet paper bag.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

BMW 2002, Dodge A100, etc
    sarc----> Please don't come to MTB paradise....

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Isn't it a little early in the morning for meth? Or is he on a multi day bender?

Seriously though, everything is still wet in the high country.

!Vamos, flaco!
    Breck is now on the Front Range?
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ripper roo View Post
    Yeah, last night like all the whinny trail b$^#&$ rant and rave about I practiced my perfect trail etiquette. I rode straight through every snow bank, instead of braiding the trails I rode right into every mud puddle and down every line of washed out river like trail. Saved my butt somehow as I superman’d into a knee high mud pit. That was on some road “you fixed” last summer.

I ignored all your “trail closed” signs that you waste tax payer dollars on. I can’t believe you pay some schmuck to go ride or hike out there to post those. It seems that every summer it’s more like hanging out in boulder county than it is in breckenridge, with all your “regulations” and trail etiquette bull pucky.

Some moron dropped a bunch of trees on my fav downhill line. WTF? Are you trying to close that trail too? That’s alright I started to make a new trail to connect it up with my loop. But you homo’s did suck a good job with your manly chain saw that you dropped a ton of them and I had to build a longer trail than I wanted. I was kinda surprised as I bushwacked it around that stuff. But boy when I came up on them trees like a bat out of hell I lost my cool I didn’t know what to make of the destruction and trail loss.

It seems in your infinite trail building you can total thrash what was once a ripping downhill line with some flowy curvey crap. I once counted 36 turns in that new trail you wasted your time on. I think you even got gov dinkenlooper out there for a photo op to show what great people you think you are. You see after work I’d go out there and hammer like a recreationalist in a pro-kit. Taking my frustration out on that once awesome downhill, instead I’ve got to take my time and make a million turns instead of b-lining it like a DH-iller on a ten inch travel bike.

The kicker is you (fixed) that trail but can’t get the upper part to drain properly. Maybe it was the heavy metal laden mine water I rode through. Got some of that in my mouth and nose and boy did that burn. At least I had my map of all the great trails in the area when things started getting blurry. Instead of getting lost like I did when I was some rosy faced kid back in the day………. Man I used to get so f’d up that I didn’t know south from west up from down. But now I’ve got a trail map and everything is marked now, thank god because that gets me out of those benders. Saw that new trail sign you threw up the other day. No motos’ I think it said. How much do you piss away on signage a year, creating some three ring mtb circus out there.

The riding in breck sucks and is only getting worse. Don’t come up here expecting anything less than some bs controlled boulder kinda mountain biking. The freedom that was there is now gone with trail building, trail closing, maps, and signage. I half expect to run into sum trail nazi whose gonna write me a ticket for havin fun. Then again I saw the po-po parked near a trail the other night. Which tossed me for a second. In my best interest I went the opposite way since me and cops seem to have a sour relationship. Then again sixteen miles into a ride and I didn’t see a damn soul out there. Ah…………………………
    Sweet blog

I work in .001 tolerances
    Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    Sweet blog

^^^ This

Kinda like the reading version of watching Jerry Springer.
    I now feel better about myself after reading that mess.

Happy Hump Day

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    tl;dr

mtbr member
    Breckenridge sucks. Move to Texas.

simple

Colorado

Yeah sweet blog.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I have seen some pretty ugly "trail management" in soco. One a moto trail near Dillon someone fell LIVE trees (not bettle kill) to close the trail down. I don't think it was forest service but either way-- DAM!

I get what this guy is talking out. . . .I feel it too. But hey- we got to make that desecrated mining area "pristine" once again, so it should totally be closed to motos! ;( sad panda

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pmrider View Post
    I have seen some pretty ugly "trail management" in soco. One a moto trail near Dillon someone fell LIVE trees (not bettle kill) to close the trail down. I don't think it was forest service but either way-- DAM!

I get what this guy is talking out. . . .I feel it too. But hey- we got to make that desecrated mining area "pristine" once again, so it should totally be closed to motos! ;( sad panda
    Well, you can't please everyone.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Haha cry about it some more, kid.

Alaskan in exile.

Reading the OP...

... brings a bit of ol' Bill's Scottish play to mind: (but not for comparing writing styles, though! )

"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
    And then is heard no more: it is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing."
    nanook93
    Ride what you like, like what you ride.

mtbr member
    In my best interest I went the opposite way since me and cops seem to have a sour relationship.
    Color me shocked...

(Though on second thought... that could be his own PR machine at work trying to enhance his pathetic bad boy persona he's trying to showcase here. I'm leaning this way... and that he's a pissed off kid with a Huffy whose mom won't let him out of the driveway.)
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

"Oldfart from Wayback"
    Thank you for you uplifting sermon

Unfortunately for you, Hale Bopp left the solar system years ago, and if you're still here, you weren't one of the chosen ones and are now spending your purgatory riding Summit County Trails for he rest of your immortal life.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by onbelaydave View Post
    Thank you for you uplifting sermon

Unfortunately for you, Hale Bopp left the solar system years ago, and if you're still here, you weren't one of the chosen ones and are now spending your purgatory riding Summit County Trails for he rest of your immortal life.
    Now here's an after life I can get behind!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Punjab View Post
    Now here's an after life I can get behind!
    I'm hoping for one con't shuttle session in my afterlife (heaven?)...hopefully not as the driver (hell?)
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Kaj
    mtbr member
    so... Breck rules and we should all come up there and ride right? Or am I reading this wrong.

We'll trade, you can come ride the bike park as much as you want, and I'll come ride some sweet mountain singletrack, even swap
    Helping folks shred in Boulder & Colorado since 1982 www.fullcyclebikes.com