mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Ridgeline Rampage - 1 Lap Scout Video

Went out Saturday to scout out the Ridgeline Rampage course. Hopefully the trail conditions will be good despite todays snow. Anyway, just sharing a full lap video for those who are curious about what the ride looks like. It's 50 minutes long. You can opt into YouTube's HTML5 beta test and get fast forwarding. 1.5x and 2.0x speed. (YouTube)

Video Link
    Ridgeline Rampage Full Course Lap - Castle Rock, Colorado - YouTube

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Is it too early to say if the weather will allow for racing this weekend? How much snow you guys get down there

Trips for Kids Denver
    From Warrior's site: We are still hopeful to be able to go on Saturday, but we don't want to damage the trail. We will make the final call by noon on Friday. IF we NEEDED to reschedule it would probably be the next saturday. Keep your fingers crossed and hope this storm moves north!
    " I'm not inclined to resign to maturity "

The 5th knuckle
    everything in my yard is melted off. Plenty of wind to dry things out. Should be in decent shape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando Gutierrez
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.

Tre1nt
    Feb 2006
    Thanks for the update Jay! I probably shouldn't worry about things I can't control but I'm having a hard time getting any races to match my work/family schedule this year -- hopeful that this Sat. works out.

The 5th knuckle
    There are are only a few small places that tend to hold any water. 90% of the course holds water like a sieve.
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.

PeT
    Occasionally engaged…
    So, jaycastlerock, what's your take on the probability of the race going off this Saturday (the 20th)? I understand the Warriors wanting to wait until tomorrow before making a call, but that's getting a little late for me. The webcams make it look like it will still be juicy around there on Saturday morning, but I guess depending on the soil type it might be okay.

Thanks for any insight!

Oh, and the video was awesome -- surveyed a lot of it and it looks like a fun trail to race on. Hope it happens, but preserving trails is paramount. Unfortunately the suggested alternative dates don't work for me
    "The plural of anecdote is not data." -- Attributed to various people in a variety of forms, but always worth remembering...

The 5th knuckle
    I would say 85% or better of the course is going to be OK. It drains really well. The problem is going to be the NE section. It is heavily shaded and has more topsoil. It tends to get sloppy and stay sloppy if there is not enough wind and sun.

The section from 39:00 to 42:00 in the video is the sloppy part.
    Last edited by jaycastlerock; 04-18-2013 at 02:33 PM.

PeT
    Occasionally engaged…
    Thanks, but the Warriors guys have rescheduled --

"The Ridgeline Rampage has been rescheduled for Saturday April 27th due to weather."

Can't say I blame 'em, but sucks for me...
    "The plural of anecdote is not data." -- Attributed to various people in a variety of forms, but always worth remembering...

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Well Jay it looks like you and i have no excuses now!! moving crap out of old house this w/e now next weekend may have to sack up and enter the slow ss class!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    to the OP i watched your gm video- dude stay on the trail keep it single

hope you dont ride like that in my back yard
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

mtbr member
    May 2008
    ^x2...this was only a couple weeks ago. learn trail etiquette or don't go....just because you put the dumb comments below your video doesn't make it ok. very dbag way to ride.

The 5th knuckle
    They were nearly packed up and gone by the time I finished last year. It was sloooooooow.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Agree. That's a bad way to ride. Embarrassingly, I didn't realize I was doing this until someone else on this forum pointed it out. So I'm trying to be more conscientious about that.

Quote Originally Posted by PBR me! View Post
    to the OP i watched your gm video- dude stay on the trail keep it single

hope you dont ride like that in my back yard
    Still learning... I added the text after learning about it. It's there as an admission of fault, not to make it OK.

Quote Originally Posted by wisbike View Post
    ^x2...this was only a couple weeks ago. learn trail etiquette or don't go....just because you put the dumb comments below your video doesn't make it ok. very dbag way to ride.