mtbr member

Rides...Buena Vista...

I'll be out that way the end of this week - riding Thursday morning'ish.

Ride suggestions? Looking for 2-3 hour XC with some technical...

Thanks!
    Phillipians 2:3-8 "...but (Christ) made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant..."

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I suggest you do a search for Absolute Cycles out of Salida. They are not too far from there, know the area, and can likely give you options and conditions. If you can't find anything under Absolute, try Vapro Trail 125, as that is a race they sponsor. You should be able to find a link in there somewhere. If you have time, their museum is much better than the one in Crested Butte...

Great folks at Absolute and they know all you need to know about the Salida/Buena Vista area!

http://www.absolutebikes.com/home.php

go big or go home
    yeah me and my buddy went down there to check out salida, the towns awesome and the guys over at absolute can give advice on all the trails...
    [SIZE=1]
    Get off yer arse and on yere bike!
    [/SIZE]

contains quinine

dittoditto

Yep, those Absolute guys are good at knowing the goods.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

mtbr member
    I called.

Looks like The Midland Trail is pretty much the only option right now with trail conditions (lots o'snow still to the west of town).
    Phillipians 2:3-8 "...but (Christ) made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant..."

slow
    Midland is not too hardcore, but still a lot of fun. Been a few years since I rode it. Seems like what we rode was kind of short. Might require laps?

mtbr member
    I guess it's a mix of dirt road and some singletrack offshoots, she said it could be ridden pretty much as long or short as I want. I figure I'll goof around up there for 2-3 hours.

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeCOLORADO
    I guess it's a mix of dirt road and some singletrack offshoots, she said it could be ridden pretty much as long or short as I want. I figure I'll goof around up there for 2-3 hours.
    Yep. Start from the East end of BV, climb up to the railroad grade, and head out. Pretty straightforward. The further you get from BV, the more interesting it gets - the nest parts are where the trestles are gone and the trail drops down and around the drainages. Make sure to stop at the kiosk at the start of the non-motorized part of the Midland and grab a map, there are some spurs and loops to ride too.

** edit **

Here's some pics from a month ago.

Sat 2/18 Front Range - Trail Conditions
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

slow
    Quote Originally Posted by Debaser
    the best parts are where the trestles are gone and the trail drops down and around the drainages.
    My favorite parts, as well.