mtbr member
    Aug 2009

New question here. Rides in Aspen / Snowmass

I am going to be in Aspen / Snowmass for the next week for work and am planning on bringing my bike with me. Any good rides up that way within 30 min drive or less?

ONE WORD: GRAVITY
    Blast the Mass is this weekend in Snowmass so the area trails and town could potentially be quite busy. Expect to see alot of other bikers...

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Well in no means was I planning on anything this hard core. I might just have to go watch though!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea_roxsHnUM

ONE WORD: GRAVITY
    Thats what ill be doing!! Well hopefully not crashing. But there is XC, 4X, and SD races so surrounding trails may be crowded.

Definitely come and watch. Its so much fun! Im the guy on the 303 in a bumble-bee jersey. haha! There are two DH races; one on saturday and one on sunday

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Awesome. I'll try to make it out for sure!

Stand back
    And if you were there on a non-race weekend, then you pretty much only get one blue dh run (Snowmass Way), as they don't run the lift that accesses the real dh trails. Debatable whether it's really even worth the half day rate ($29), but tough to complain about being able to ride...
    As for fun stuff to ride away from the lifts, there is Government Trail, mushroom rock (Carbondale) and Smuggler's Gulch.
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep

Government!

+1 on that trail, never made it to mushroom

Government doesn't suck after all!!

Enjoy!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    There is also a great network of trails on the North side of Aspen up Smuggler Mountain in the Four Corners area that can be ridden from town. You can pick up a map at the Ute Mountaineer in Aspen for $8 that maps it out well.

In Snowmass, you can loop Rim Trail, Tom Blake, and Highline trail for about a 15 mile loop of awesome singletrack. As was said before, Government trail from Snowmass to Aspen is pretty hard to beat!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Anyone know what the XC race course will be and if it will interfere access to Gov? (looked on RaceMSC and nothing is posted on courses)