KJS
    mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Smile To: Riders at LOTB Sunday afternoon...

Thank you!

I found myself in the area with an extra quart of energy and a few waning rays to burn after rock climbing, so I stopped in for a quick spin. I haven't ridden there in a while, let alone on a weekend. I had a slight pause seeing how crowded the parking lot was, but the upcoming snowstorm was nibbling at my cerebral cortex, so I commenced to ride.

There was a lot of us out there. Lots of yielding to be done. Everyone; climbers, downhillers, hikers, runners and even a couple of bemused deer that watched me scale one of the rocky bits, was friendly, smiling and seemed just all around happy to be out enjoying the day.

It made an already fantastic day even better. I hope yours was great as well.

3nf
    Aphonopelma Coloradanum
    I was there at about 4:00- yeah, I noticed people were in a pretty friendly mood. This was the first time I had tried linking it with Mount Falcon, and I was dead tired and taking as many chances to stop as I could.

Didn't see any deer, but I did hear a bugling elk (I think) somewhere in the woods.

Your retarded
    This is a good post. MTBR needs more of these threads and fewer complaining threads. Thanks, KJS.
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

EJP
    mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    We had a great ride at LOTB on Sunday afternoon, as well; we ended at about 2. It was especially nice that everyone had the trail etiquette/good attitude thing going.

The really shocking thing is that Hall Ranch (yes, Boulder County! Imagine that! I was amazed.) was the same way on Saturday. Descenders yielding, climbers saying hello, friendly equestrians, etc. We were wondering if everyone out there was actually from JeffCo or something ....No complaints.

Reports and pictures at:

Saturday

Sunday
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

I like 'em either blond and fruity or dark and chocolaty

KJS
    mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by EJP
    We had a great ride at LOTB on Sunday afternoon, as well; ...Reports and pictures at:

Sunday
    Exhibit A... Look at those smiles! That's what it's all about, eh? Great sparkly effect with the water and the first rider's pack.

It already feels like the good 'ol days with the weather outside now. Brrr!

And Nickle - you are welcome! Great avatar, BTW

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickle
    This is a good post. MTBR needs more of these threads and fewer complaining threads. Thanks, KJS.
    Agreed!

I have been running into (not literally) some pretty nice folks lately