mtbr member

Ride Suggestions near Jacks Gulch up the Poudre - Near Flowers Rd and Pingree Park?

We are going camping at Jacks Gulch up the Poudre Canyon near Flowers Rd and Pingree Park Rd.

Are there any riding opportunities nearby? I saw the Flowers Trail #989 is right there, but it looks like it runs into the Wilderness after 3.5 or so miles. Prefer something in the 15-30 mile range that is more than just dirt roads.

Thanks!

Now with 10% more!
    Wow, this is really odd I just came here to ask about the same area. On top of his questions, anyone know if Old Flowers road is open? I found this, which makes me think it's not, but it also seems to say it will be open after July 1st.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by flash278 View Post
    Prefer something in the 15-30 mile range that is more than just dirt roads.

Thanks!
    So would I in that area. I think there's some sort of trail from Old Flowers over to the Pennock Pass area but have only heard about it. There is also Dadd's up on Crown Point Rd, alotta road for not much ST (that I know of).
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

slow
    Last I heard, Old Flowers Road was still closed, but a call to the USFS office might be in order to sort that out.

Dadd Gulch and Upper Dadd Gulch are both single track that can be connected by some dirt road riding. Here is the GPS track from the lower Dadd Gulch trail head in the Poudre Canyon.

In the upper Buckhorn you might look at Donner Pass / Old Ballard Road / Signal Mountain / Lookout Mountain area. Here is a thread from a ride we did a few years back. There are some trail descriptions and trail numbers mentioned in that thread.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sgltrak View Post
    Last I heard, Old Flowers Road was still closed, but a call to the USFS office might be in order to sort that out.

Dadd Gulch and Upper Dadd Gulch are both single track that can be connected by some dirt road riding. Here is the GPS track from the lower Dadd Gulch trail head in the Poudre Canyon.

In the upper Buckhorn you might look at Donner Pass / Old Ballard Road / Signal Mountain / Lookout Mountain area. Here is a thread from a ride we did a few years back. There are some trail descriptions and trail numbers mentioned in that thread.
    ^ What he said.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

Now with 10% more!
    Quote Originally Posted by sgltrak View Post

Thanks for this. I did Dadd Gulch about 5 years ago now. At the time I didn't know about upper Dadd and may have to go up soon to check that out.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    My in-laws are camped there tonight, we joining them tomorrow. Old Flowers Road is open unless mud slides due to rain on burned forest has closed access tonight.

mtbr member
    Excellent! Thanks for the info.

slow
    Quote Originally Posted by sbsbiker View Post
    My in-laws are camped there tonight, we joining them tomorrow. Old Flowers Road is open unless mud slides due to rain on burned forest has closed access tonight.
    Thanks for the update on Old Flowers. Will have to get back up there for a first ride since the fire.

mtbr member
    I was able to ride Dadd Gulch in between the rain storms on Saturday, but missed Upper Dadd to threatening skies. But it was still good to get out. Thanks for the info.

On Sunday I headed out in the rain (hoping it would let up) to check out Old Flowers, but there was a sign at the start of Old Flowers and Monument Gulch Roads (from Pingree Park Rd/CR 63) stating they were still closed. It was raining pretty good by then and I did not go further up the road to the actual Old Flowers start to verify.

slow
    Quote Originally Posted by flash278 View Post
    On Sunday I headed out in the rain (hoping it would let up) to check out Old Flowers, but there was a sign at the start of Old Flowers and Monument Gulch Roads (from Pingree Park Rd/CR 63) stating they were still closed. It was raining pretty good by then and I did not go further up the road to the actual Old Flowers start to verify.
    Thanks for this update. I guess I'll hold off heading up there for a while longer.