dlc
    mtbr member
    May 2009

Ride recommendations?

Going to be in CO staying near Kremmling area form July 1-15. Looking for some ride recommendations. I'm coming from the east coast so I'm sure ill be fighting the elevation and riding solo so I would like to do some good rides with Colorado feel and scenery but not have to worry about getting hurt and laying for 3 days before someone finds me. Lol

I ride more trail/all Mtn style. Climb for the dissent type stuff. I'm open to bike parks too.

I would like to stay within a two hour drive so eagle, Silverthorn, granby, steamboat areas I would think.

Thanks

Loser
    Mar 2008
    If you head to Steamboat you could ride Spring Creek as a warmup and then hit the trails on Howelson Hill for a bit of fun.

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Definitely do a day at Granby Bike Ranch (FKA Sol Vista). Silky Johnson is my favorite resort trail in the state and SV has the most variety of any resort. Plus the people are super nice and friendly.

friend of Apex
    The only singletrack I can think of near Kremmling is the Arapahoe Ridge trail.
    Found a coule of posts: THIS one and THIS

Otherwise its a drive to the WP/Sol Twista area, Summit County, or Steamboat.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Williams Peak trail is very nice - secluded, and there is the a plethora of roads (Keyser Ridge is nice during the week-not on the weekends) in the Williams Fork Valley to ride.

Arapaho & Roosevelt National Forests Pawnee National Grassland - Williams Peak Trailhead

Arapaho & Roosevelt National Forests Pawnee National Grassland - Ute Pass Trail # 31

Except when I'm driving
    Mar 2012
    After your ride you can cool down in the Colorado River. Radium Hot Springs is a good spot, about a 1/2 mile hike down to the river. Lots of activity going on there, beer drinking, usually some very friendly girls, etc. It's horrible.
    I'm bored and at work or else I would be riding