mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Ride offroad from Eldorado Springs to Erie!

A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    It's true..

Done it

Erie Singletrack advocates, in cooperation with the town of Erie, has also begun to build singletrack.

come help.

Erie Singletrack Advocates | Mountain bike enthusiasts in Erie advocating for trails and parks.

Now older but less slow!

Also done it.

I also think it is great that Erie is building single track. Often, the prairie dwellers just don't have time to drive up into the mountains so having local single track options are great for evening after work rides. Also good for kids new to the sport as these options are invariably easier trails as well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I'm a little unclear about how you are supposed to get from Industrial Lane to the Coalton trailhead once the final section is complete? Are they going to run a trail along 36 to 88th or ???? Today where the trail ends near Indy Lane you can ride west about 1/2 mile on Industrial Lane to the RTD Park and Ride, go under 36 there and pick up a bike path that takes you around the Flatirons Mall and into Superior. It isn't dirt, but there are fewer soccer moms texting on the bike path than on the streets around there. I won't say none, because I saw someone drive in the tunnel under Interlocken by the mall once.

I also think it is ironic that there is still no way to get from Erie to the People's Republic without diverting onto surface streets.

little mad riding hood
    Jun 2004
    We did all of this as a huge loop on the CX bikes a couple of weeks ago - rode from our house in SoBo, out to Marshall, and then rode trail all the way to Erie. Jumped off onto the farm roads east of Erie (road 3 1/4th or something like that) and headed north on mixed dirt and pavement farm roads that were completely empty of cars, until we linked up to the St. Vrain Trail just west of Sandstone Ranch. Did the SSR loop, rode St. Vrain / LoBo all the way back to Cottonwood, then dropped into the Goose Creek / Boulder Creek network over by the airport.

All in all it was a 60 mile loop, easily 80% or more of which was on dirt, singletrack or bike path. And it was a perfect day. If anyone wants the .gpx file I can provide it.

Now older but less slow!

Quote Originally Posted by lonefrontranger View Post
    All in all it was a 60 mile loop, easily 80% or more of which was on dirt, singletrack or bike path. And it was a perfect day. If anyone wants the .gpx file I can provide it.
    I often sometimes do these kind of rides as it's 5 minutes to the Coal Creek path for me. I'd love your GPS.

Thx!