mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Resorts this weekend?

Anyone heading up to the resorts? I want to go up, but since it will be my first time riding in Colorado at the resorts it would be nice to have like a riding buddy haha. Which resort would you say head to for the first time? Keystone? Trestle?

Lee
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikemybike011
    You don't like a fork because it's popular? That's the most retarded reason I have ever heard of.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by idaho biker 90
    Anyone heading up to the resorts? I want to go up, but since it will be my first time riding in Colorado at the resorts it would be nice to have like a riding buddy haha. Which resort would you say head to for the first time? Keystone? Trestle?

Lee
    Nationals are going on at Sol Vista this coming weekend, so if it's your first time and all you want to do is ride...then stay away from there. If you want to watch some cool sh!t...then that's another story.

I haven't been to Trestle yet, but Keystone has much more beginner friendly trails than Sol Vista (I'm assuming you're semi beginner, but I could be wrong). However, the Greens and Blues at Sol Vista are all rollable jumps and smooth berms, so almost any skill level can still handle them...just maybe more intimidating than more difficult, I guess.

As far as features, Keystone has more wood bridge features (but not a ton) and Sol Vista just has a TON of berms and smooth, well built, jumps. If you do end up going to Sol Vista, Silky Johnson (a green) will put t.he biggest smile on your face.

I would say I'd ride with you, but I gotta stay away from downhill for a bit...long race coming up at the end of the month.

-Nick

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    thanks nick. I'd say I'm more intermediate to expert. Haven't ridden in a while so I might be intermediate. Berms are awesome thats all I have to say about them haha
    You don't like a fork because it's popular? That's the most retarded reason I have ever heard of.

Thread Terrorist
    Trestle.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

Flyin Pig
    First time? I'm with IE - Trestle

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    Trestle. There is a Fat Tire Festival in Winter Park this weekend (I think), so there might be a few extra people on the mountain.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSteve in CO
    Trestle. There is a Fat Tire Festival in Winter Park this weekend (I think), so there might be a few extra people on the mountain.
    That just means you need to get there for the UG parking by 9 (not roof rack friendly).

I like the UG parking...car stays cool and not bad to have a bagged lunch if you bring a chair
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

killin clear creek
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y
    That just means you need to get there for the UG parking by 9 (not roof rack friendly).

I like the UG parking...car stays cool and not bad to have a bagged lunch if you bring a chair
    Silly as it sounds, that's one of my favorite things about riding there, it's SOOOOO nice to cool off at lunch!! (and my dog thanks me, cause he gets to come along now!)
    Quote Originally Posted by thump View Post
    How about we take the "let it burn approach" with the rotting cesspool of the Denver metro?

mtbr member
    I have to say I had a blast @Trestle last week. This was the 1 time riding it Now i need to get a new Bike The Old KLEIN was just not doing it. The UG parking is a plus i parked there 3 of the 4 days i was there well worth it but it did rain every afternoon last week.

Not sure how people rode the greens on a N/S Bike. How did they do this in the old days?

New Post coming soon What DH Bike is good for the FR? J/K

I picked it out all ready i just have to save now.

Old Klein for sale any takers?

EDIT :::Forgot to add that My Klein was an old manta Pro F/S and it was still not enough.
    Last edited by YETI_Chris; 07-13-2010 at 09:13 AM.

rider of bicycles
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Klein_Christopher
    I have to say I had a blast @Trestle last week. This was the 1 time riding it Now i need to get a new Bike The Old KLEIN was just not doing it. The UG parking is a plus i parked there 3 of the 4 days i was there well worth it but it did rain every afternoon last week.

Not sure how people rode the greens on a N/S Bike. How did they do this in the old days?

New Post coming soon What DH Bike is good for the FR? J/K

I picked it out all ready i just have to save now.

Old Klein for sale any takers?
    This man has seen the light, and that light shines downhill. Next thing you know, you'll refer to a 160mm travel, 33lb bike as an "xc" bike, ha ha.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtg7aa
    This man has seen the light, and that light shines downhill. Next thing you know, you'll refer to a 160mm travel, 33lb bike as an "xc" bike, ha ha.
    That would be THE epiphany coming off of a Mantra (?!?!). But, I'd never insult a 6", 33lbs bike by calling it "XC". It's "trail bike" you friggin' n00b!
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    That would be THE epiphany coming off of a Mantra (?!?!). But, I'd never insult a 6", 33lbs bike by calling it "XC". It's "trail bike" you friggin' n00b!
    Yeah. It needs to be 6" and under 30lbs to be a XC bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles
    Yeah. It needs to be 6" and under 30lbs to be a XC bike.
    So your new Reign is out of this group right? Oh, saw an old Van RC that was just rebuilt on PB for $75 in your size.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    So your new Reign is out of this group right?
    It will be once I get the coil-over and adj fork and big tires on it.

rider of bicycles
    Jul 2008
    Oh man, I've got my bike definitions for the front range all wrong! My small bike must be a "super all trail cross mountain slalom D" rig, then.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I want to go up for a half day this friday at Trestle, so 1pm-7. Trying to carpool with some people so PM me if interested

Antitheist & Kitten lover
    Quote Originally Posted by gearwhine
    Nationals are going on at Sol Vista this coming weekend, so if it's your first time and all you want to do is ride...then stay away from there. If you want to watch some cool sh!t...then that's another story.

Non-racers are still able to ride the park during the USAC National Championships this week. Bike Park operations are as follows:

Wed, July 14: 2:00pm-7:00pm $25 lift pass
    Thursday, July 15: No Riding
    Friday, July 16: 4:00pm-7:00pm $10 lift pass
    ...Saturday, July 17: 4:00pm-7:00pm $10 lift pass
    Sunday, July 18: 11:00 am-5:00pm $25 lift pass
    Race Mojo Wheels | Read VitalMTB

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Anyone want to go for a half day on Saturday?

killin clear creek
    Looking forward to tomorrow!

You call showing up at 11 a 1/2 day? Heck, my panzy ass will be beat by 3 anyhow!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by thump View Post
    How about we take the "let it burn approach" with the rotting cesspool of the Denver metro?