Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Repost of Controversial video, Dont delet this time!! Its a stoke video

5K views 37 replies 25 participants last post by  UncleTrail 
#1 ·
Here is my "edited/fixed" video, Wonder how long till this thread gets taken off here? Last video took less then 5 hours. If this video is not enough for you, here is more videos and plenty of pics, video and talk about location here that didnt get deleted by the mods and "trail naming nazis" . http://forums.mtbr.com/search.php?searchid=10345810 :thumbsup: Before you click the song is not work and or family friendly but if you are angry by what it says then my bad, I cant make all happy. :madman:
p.s. If you deleted this video before or had anything on the whistler blower side of things read the last part of the video. Sorry If i make some mad, But hey that is life right?
Without further waiting................

Untitled from arin teter on Vimeo.

#6 ·
The vid's fine. The soundtrack.... meh. **** is a staple word in my vocabulary. That said I understand that profanity is a tool of a weak mind. Profanity, especially "****" in this case, comes to mind when one fails to construct useful language from ideas, and substitutes said vulgarity for a more specific word. Profanity does have utility, especially when providing special emphasis and accompanying more developed ideas. This particular song, and for that matter the rest of the ICP catalogue I've heard falls more into the former than the latter and relies heavily on juvenile use of profanity to capture the audience's attention in the absence of any artistic value.

In other words, I think your choice of music sucks, but I could care less that you've included it in your video. Honestly, as a so-called "stoke" video the soundtrack is a little distracting. But whatevs. I guess Juggalos like to ride bikes too.

#11 ·
So the original video was deleted because the trail was named? Naming trails or using the trail's name is prohibited? Seriously, or just because someone is protecting a trail he/she likes and is in the place to enforce such a "rule?"

At any rate the trail does look fun!

It's sick, the higher trails are gettin' clear!!

#12 ·
Ok really..the F bomb all the time. My take is grow up and appreciate you can ride a bike on a mountain and not get shot at or blown up for doing it. If everthing in your life is that F-N bad just kill yourself and I will take your bike.......

#15 ·
I never knew what the ICP or "Juggalo" sticker was when I would see it on a car. Now that I do know, I consider it a badge that says, "I'm an idiot." Want to get some laughs and see how dumb these guys really are? Check out the Insane Clown Posse "Miracles" video on Youtube. The OP's attempts at written communication are also a clue.
As far as the secret trails go, why show a video when you won't identify it? "Stoke" you say? Maybe. It reminds me of the person who says, "Wanna know a secret? Well I can't tell." I call that person a dewshbag.
I could go on about kids who think they're badass because the tricks the do on 6" of full suspension, how most of them have never ridden a hardtail, much less a rigid bike on a trail, but that is not germane to the post and would reveal my identity- a crusty old bastard who has never made video of myself and doesn't care if anybody knows whether I ride or not.

G
#16 ·
Videos don't count if you speed them up.

And really, why do people feel the need to document their mundane lives? We all know what riding a bike down a trail looks like. Now, throw in some wicked skinnies, or huge drops, some road gaps, etc. and maybe there is fodder for a video. Then again, videos like this are just a masturbation of the ego. "Stoke" not so much, more like "stroke" video. And really, no one wants to watch you jerk your ego off.

#17 ·
nope no speeding up of the video there. just ego stroking.

The post it not about the song, hope some are smart enough to figure that out if not please continue walking threw life as a fill in.
Dan cruz you clearly dont know where this trail is cause as of late you get shot at in this area all the time. I will need to know how you would like my bike set up when i send it to you, Im so glad that you can be so level headed and down to earth, thanks for the support. The world needs more nice people looking out for others like you.

#18 ·
imaorobbie said:
Videos don't count if you speed them up.

And really, why do people feel the need to document their mundane lives? We all know what riding a bike down a trail looks like. Now, throw in some wicked skinnies, or huge drops, some road gaps, etc. and maybe there is fodder for a video. Then again, videos like this are just a masturbation of the ego. "Stoke" not so much, more like "stroke" video. And really, no one wants to watch you jerk your ego off.
LMAO, nicely said!:thumbsup:

#21 ·
The Mule trail is not a secret, but it's not on any maps and just a real fun trail not too many folks know about, that's it. Our group that rides there and post here have said it many times, hook up with us on a ride and we will show you but we don't want to talk about it here.

Not sure what exactly happened but Arin if your reading this I sent ya a PM, I personally agree with you and don't see any issue with the first video.

#22 ·
so a bunch of locals want to turn this public and legal trail into their little secret and that results in some dude's video being deleted? i'm not sure who made that decision but it sure screams of collusion between an admin and said locals at the expense of all other riders...

#23 ·
fastfroggy said:
so a bunch of locals want to turn this public and legal trail into their little secret and that results in some dude's video being deleted? i'm not sure who made that decision but it sure screams of collusion between an admin and said locals at the expense of all other riders...
A few in our group can be a little over zealous at times yes, but no one is hiding this trail from anyone so relax

#26 ·
There may be very good reasons why this trail must remain off the radar at this time if we ever hope to make it an official trail. The reasons DO NOT include: keeping it a secret from everyone else, not wanting others to ride it, someone is being elitist or any other conspiracy theory.

FUUcK Lyle Levitt, whoever that is...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.