Just go ride!

Report Aggressive Drivers

Ever been threatened by an aggressive driver? Report 'em! Dial *277 (*CSP) to connect to the Colorado State Patrol, and be sure and get the license plate number.

Here's the article from Bicycle Colorado:

http://bicyclecolo.org/page.cfm?PageID=731

mtbr member
    Is there a number I can call to get these mini vans out of the fast lane? (*smile*)
    '06 Stumpjumper FSR Comp

Just go ride!

Keep right, except to pass...

Actually, yes! *277. I believe the new law (~6 months ago), is that on sections of multilane divided highway in Colorado where the speedlimit is >= 65mph, vehicles are required to drive in the right lane unless passing or in the case of "congested" traffic. Something like that anyway...

mtbr member
    So...What's the number to report aggressive road bikers?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstreak
    So...What's the number to report aggressive road bikers?

Amen!!

bicycle fanatic
    you said it brother....where can I report illegal activities by Road riders....IE two abreast on two lane highways...etc?
    TWO wheels ONE love

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Two !?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by downhillazilla
    you said it brother....where can I report illegal activities by Road riders....IE two abreast on two lane highways...etc?
    HECK, I HAD 3 ABREST ONE TIME,

patiently waited to pass, and upon passing, slowed to their pace, rolled my window down and told them to get single file, adn was rewarded with snide comments, and mean faces!!

go figure

kinda makes driving an F350 rather difficult (as if it aint big enough already)

damn roadies!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan_G
    Ever been threatened by an aggressive driver? Report 'em! Dial *277 (*CSP) to connect to the Colorado State Patrol, and be sure and get the license plate number.

Here's the article from Bicycle Colorado:

http://bicyclecolo.org/page.cfm?PageID=731
    They should have a seperate hotline to report the morons that ride their bikes on Hwy 93 (I commute it everyday). I've seen several instances where they have almost caused a headon collision on the 2 lane, non paved shoulder portions on that hwy...dont get me started about the rodies around here, they're almost, if not just as bad as Boulder pedestrians. Sorry, had to vent

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Star CSP is a joke. The State Patrol can't issue a citation based upon a rider's or driver's call and only send a warning after three complaints. They also lack the manpower to visit all the drivers who have been reported multiple times. The system has no bark and no teeth.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I think 2 a breast is legal...

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz
    I think 2 a breast is legal...
    You are correct, the law was changed in Colorado not too long ago.

I'm a unitard!
    What's all the hostility with road bikers? Geez bikes are bikes man. I say get as many as you can no matter what kind. Have fun riding them. You are putting yourself in the same boat as hikers and horse riders that hate mountain bikers because of one or two bad apples.

I've used the hotline to call in an AGGRESIVE driver. I tried to use it for a clearly intoxicated driver that was about to cause accidents. Let's not abuse this service for calling in minor viloations. If you want to call in someone for blocking the fast lane, you might as well call yourself in for riding their @ss and speeding.

Lawyer Time! No Comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jutt77
    They should have a seperate hotline to report the morons that ride their bikes on Hwy 93 (I commute it everyday). I've seen several instances where they have almost caused a headon collision on the 2 lane, non paved shoulder portions on that hwy...dont get me started about the rodies around here, they're almost, if not just as bad as Boulder pedestrians. Sorry, had to vent

I agree. Damn pedestrians. Damn cyclists. People should all drive cars. Everywhere they go. If we was meant to walk and ride bikes, god woulndt'a made us them nice F350 dualies to drive to the grocery store in.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    The Hotline is a joke. Call 911 if you see a drunk driver. Star CSP is a feel good system designed to allow drivers to whine about alleged aggressive drivers and is not a dispatch tool for the State Patrol.