mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Rent and Ride in Denver area

What's up folks. I'm currently working near Denver (right where I-25 and Hwy 470 merge. Is there anywhere I can rent a bike and ride this time of year? I'm going to stop by Alpha Bikes tonight after work and ask there, but any other help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Are you looking to rent a demo bike (expensive) or a more a regular rental? Up here in boulder you can demo most of the high dollar brands for a fairly high price, that will count towards your purchase. Google up boulder bike shops and see what you get.

There are also shops that have regular rentals, nearby me is the boulder bikesmith.

As for riding I hear devil's backbone is dry right now, its rocky and techy if you're into that.

<100%
    Bike Source at County Line and Colorado has some Specialized demo bikes available (SJ's I think) 303-221-4840

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Try Golden Bike Shop also, they help sponsor this forum - link in the top right.

They only have about 20 high-end (Santa Cruz, Intense, Pivot, Ellsworth, Spot, Felt, Scott) demos in the fleet right now but are expected to have 60ish for the season.

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by wyantn
    Try Golden Bike Shop also, they help sponsor this forum - link in the top right.

They only have about 20 high-end (Santa Cruz, Intense, Pivot, Ellsworth, Spot, Felt, Scott) demos in the fleet right now but are expected to have 60ish for the season.
    They also have about 5-6 Niner demo bikes including a few of the 2009 RIP9's.

Big Kahuna Bicycles in Littleton is also a 29er friendly shop and has a bunch of stuff for demo too if you are into 29ers.
    Niner Bikes employee. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Niner-...3652275?ref=ts
    Front Range Forum Moderator

Pivot Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by 2melow
    They also have about 5-6 Niner demo bikes including a few of the 2009 RIP9's.

Big Kahuna Bicycles in Littleton is also a 29er friendly shop and has a bunch of stuff for demo too if you are into 29ers.
    If you want to head up Evergreen way, Evergreen Bicycle Outfitters (I-70/Evergreen Pkwy - new location) has both rentals and demos as well.
    Dirt Divas website l Twitter: @thedirtdivas l Facebook

Bad Andy
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetigirl
    If you want to head up Evergreen way, Evergreen Bicycle Outfitters (I-70/Evergreen Pkwy - new location) has both rentals and demos as well.
    Yo Yetigirl - what's up?!?
    For future reference, where exactly is this?
    In the newer little strip mall, or by the walmart, or?

Pivot Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by andychrysler
    Yo Yetigirl - what's up?!?
    For future reference, where exactly is this?
    In the newer little strip mall, or by the walmart, or?
    Andy, my man! Waz happnin?

I have actually been working!! woooo! Now my bills are getting paid and I'm looking for a place to live! I am stoked!

EBO is in the newer little strip mall by Starbucks and Qdoba right next to the linguerie shop.... ([SIZE="1"](always like saying that, and watching the reaction...)[/SIZE]

Come on up and check it out -- I'll be there this weekend!
    Dirt Divas website l Twitter: @thedirtdivas l Facebook

mtbr member
    I'll second the Golden Bike Shop. Before I moved to golden, I came out on business and rented an intense 5.5 from them. They gave me tons of beta on the trails as well. Awesome shop.

Quote Originally Posted by wyantn

"Serves you right to suffer." -The Wife (after being 2 hours late)