mtbr member
    Apr 2004

remember those folks from New Jersey

who pumped us for information about renting in the area, somebody said Evergreen is the place they should look at etc etc. Have they arrived? Are they posting on this forum? Can they give us an update on their move? We all invested a lot of postings helping these folks out and it occurred to me that I haven't heard anything. Unless Schnauzer is 1/2 of the duo that came out here. Is that the case?

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    who pumped us for information about renting in the area, somebody said Evergreen is the place they should look at etc etc. Have they arrived? Are they posting on this forum? Can they give us an update on their move? We all invested a lot of postings helping these folks out and it occurred to me that I haven't heard anything. Unless Schnauzer is 1/2 of the duo that came out here. Is that the case?
    I'm at least one of the Jersey guys. I've been posting as much stuff as I can.

Currently I'm in an apartment near work. It's all med students so it's clean, safe, and quiet. At $495/month including utilities what more can I ask for? I have a real estate agent and she has been showing me around. I am focusing on Golden and already found at least three properties and an empty lot I am interested in. I felt south of Denver was a little too urban suburban for me. I like the idea of a main street. Evergreen was a bit too rural for the other half.

So here I am, alone for at least six months but getting adjusted just fine. I've ridden the Cherry Creek bike path way too many times, White Ranch, and Keystone Ranch. I'm always looking for a group to ride with, so if you don't mind a flatlander who tries like hell to keep up let me know.

Buff Creek ride tomorrow - Tuesday - you in? Send PM.

Ed E

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by edemtbs
    Buff Creek ride tomorrow - Tuesday - you in? Send PM.

Ed E
    Check your PM. I'm going to head out there shortly. You can reach me on my cell phone.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I'm one of those who asked lots of questions and got lots of great feedback. And I'm currently still in NJ....we have a few things to "iron out" here before we can move. We did make it out there for a week and checked out Evergreen and Golden, among other areas.
    Umm, $495 for rent including utilities?! Thats crazy talk!! We're still planning on taking the plunge though!
    [SIZE="1"]We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.[/SIZE]

www.mtbnj.com

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neen
    I'm one of those who asked lots of questions and got lots of great feedback. And I'm currently still in NJ....we have a few things to "iron out" here before we can move. We did make it out there for a week and checked out Evergreen and Golden, among other areas.
    Umm, $495 for rent including utilities?! Thats crazy talk!! We're still planning on taking the plunge though!
    Yup, $495 (actually $475 but I needed a parking spot). In NJ, $495 may get you a parking spot.

My permanent home (apt is temporary until the family moves next year) will most likely be Golden. Evergreen was just a little too "out there" . Beautiful, yes but just too rural for the Wife .

Goofing off?

transplants

I am also a transplant, but, not from Joisey. San Diego. It is nice there, but, far better here (Broomfield).

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

I am one of them ex-Jersey folks

Moved here in October. Now living in Lakewood. Still feel like I am on vacation.
    Riding everywhere (there is way to many trails in this state!).
    I catch myself smiling every time I head towards the mountains.
    Hey Neen, how’s Ringwood? Nice and rainy?

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    jchembel, that is so NOT funny. Its like Seattle here, its been raining so much. Its rained almost every single day for 3 weeks. I kid you not, 3 weeks!! I live about 4 minutes from Chimney Rock and I know thats not drying out for a longggg time after all of this! I am sure that Ringwood is no better. I think I'm going to buy a road bike!
    What do you think of Lakewood?
    [SIZE="1"]We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.[/SIZE]

www.mtbnj.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

3 weeks of rain! I am sorry!

Lakewood is nice. Very close to everything (mountains, Downtown). Not to “upscale” and posh, but not trashy as well.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

yo Neen

Time for another week out here on our dry trails! Hook up with the other transplants, swap stories, then immediately move out here. We still have months of DRY riding to enjoy.

mtbr member

New question here. ringwood

hey, isn't that the name of that abandoned boy scout camp just up from the GW? i lived in brooklyn for several years and used to ride to jersey to get some time in the dirt there...
    (something other than forest park in queens) and i've been trying to remember what that place was called (now that i'm back in CO). ringwood sure sounds familiar.

i kinda miss playing dodge-the-taxi in manhattan though!
    good times...
    -
    .And following our will and wind . . .
    . . .We'll ride the spiral to the end
    and may just go where no one's been.

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by gotdirt
    hey, isn't that the name of that abandoned boy scout camp just up from the GW? i lived in brooklyn for several years and used to ride to jersey to get some time in the dirt there...
    (something other than forest park in queens) and i've been trying to remember what that place was called (now that i'm back in CO). ringwood sure sounds familiar.

i kinda miss playing dodge-the-taxi in manhattan though!
    good times...
    Hmmm... Are you sure you are not thinking of Alamuchy? There is a BS camp there and it's still active.

Shattering Glass
    Ringwood is in passaic or bergen county 25 miles west of nyc and according to my joisey lifer bro, it is saturated and sssloppyyy! sweet trails though at skyline and the manor....

mtbr member

New question here. alumuchy

hmm, that doesn't sound familiar... once you rode over the GW you'd ride north (palisades maybe?) for a while then make a left in the forest...

ring a bell? i was told it was a boy scout camp at one time, but maybe that was just rumor?
    -
    .And following our will and wind . . .
    . . .We'll ride the spiral to the end
    and may just go where no one's been.

carpe diem
    Jan 2004

Greetings from NJ!

Hey J and S. Ringwood has been nice. You have PM. Sounds like CO is working out for you.

Bob