Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2007

Relocating to Colorado, what areas should I concentrate on?

After having many MTB friends visit CO, and love it, and a few have even moved there. My lady and I would like to move (maybe). What areas should I look into? I'm a medical technologist, so I would need areas within an hour drive of medical facilities with laboratories for future career opportunities. We also hike, ski, and kayak, and are fitness oriented. We also like beer! Maybe that's a bit odd, but the occasional jaunt into town for some social time would be cool too. Oh, no kids, so schools aren't a consideration.
    Thanks.

I know, some of you guys will say "stay where you are, we don't want any Easterners", but we're not the typical East Coast people.
    Last edited by manowar669; 10-29-2008 at 08:40 AM.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Utah's nice.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles
    Utah's nice.

So is TEXAS ...

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Klein_Christopher
    So is TEXAS ...
    Yeah! To the OP - you should strongly consider TX.

Living the High Life
    Hey, not from Texas or California. And no kids, likes bikes and beer. Crap dude, welcome to CO! I live in the southwestern end of Denver, not a suburb but still in the city. I can hop on hwy 285 and be at a lot of trails in 30 minutes. I'd say stay on the western side of the city and you'll be all set.

My wife and I made a point to buy a house in the city of Denver. Cheaper taxes, free recycling and better water

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Perhaps Loveland would afford some employment opportunities, with the Medical Center of the Rockies being there, along with all of its allied practices and labs.

i can't type the letter s
    Commerce City, Brighton, Thornton or if you are really fortunate maybe Fort Lupton!

Sorry my sarcasm has got the best of me this a.m. I'd move there if we lived in Bizarro world. As Ithnu implied, stay close to the mountains and you'll do fine most everywhere. And if you live in Loveland area you are near Darrin and PUSH. (oh, yeah and Squeeky Wheel )

I used to live downtown in the Brooks Brothers (is BB still there) building and I had a sweet view of the Rockies with downtown life at my doorstep, that was nice.

Bodhisattva
    Quote Originally Posted by Bends But Doesn't Break
    Perhaps Loveland would afford some employment opportunities, with the Medical Center of the Rockies being there, along with all of its allied practices and labs.
    Good advice.......

Within 25 miles of I-25 & Route 34 you have Medical Center of the Rockies, McKee Med Center, North Colorado Medical Center & Poudre Valley Hospital.
    Life....the original terminal illness

mtbr member
    Manowar,

Don't limit your thinking to the Front Range. The Grand Junction area has three hospitals so there should be work for you. You have some of Colorado's finest mtb trails within minutes (Lunch Loops, 18 road, Kokopelli area etc.) And Moab is just 90 miles away.

Bean

holding back the darkness
    Loveland/Fort Collins area is the place to be.
    **** censorship

slow
    +1 for Fort Collins / Loveland

medical facilities
    hiking
    biking
    kayaking
    beer
    fitness
    social

no close skiing

Shattering Glass
    Actually you sound like the same old east coasters. Drive an hour to work. Maybe if you said, "Ride" an hour to work. It's about being greener, and working and buying locally.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by dash
    Actually you sound like the same old east coasters. Drive an hour to work. Maybe if you said, "Ride" an hour to work. It's about being greener, and working and buying locally.
    Whoa.

Those Easterners have been

"Oldfart from Wayback"

I have to add another Loveland / Fort Collins vote

While the rest of the US businesses are tanking, people always get sick, and N. CO has a booming Medical complex.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by manowar669
    After having many MTB friends visit CO, and love it, and a few have even moved there. My lady and I would like to move (maybe). What areas should I look into? I'm a medical technologist, so I would need areas within an hour drive of medical facilities with laboratories for future career opportunities. We also hike, ski, and kayak, and are fitness oriented. We also like beer! Maybe that's a bit odd, but the occasional jaunt into town for some social time would be cool too. Oh, no kids, so schools aren't a consideration.
    Thanks.

I know, some of you guys will say "stay where you are, we don't want any Easterners", but we're not the typical East Coast people.

No kids, I would say stay in city of Denver, depending on what you can afford, plat park, wash (washington) park, and bonnie brae are all awesome, the highlands is a bit more affordable with great access to downtown/Boulder/ and the Northern part of the city... Personally I am more of a suburbs guy but I have little ones so we like the the schools and big back yards

eci
    i hear sedalia is nice this time of the year

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    This is,literally,about the 20th thread i've read in the last few months about people moving here. And thats just on a ski and bike forum.It's flippin insanity. I-70 is gonna explode. Seriously,she's full!!! Other states have kickazz mountains too

"Oldfart from Wayback"

If that many people are moving here, why aren't they buying houses

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkyfan
    This is,literally,about the 20th thread i've read in the last few months about people moving here. And that's just on a ski and bike forum.It's flippin insanity.

??

The builder that I've done 90% of my independent work for, as finish carpenter, has gone from 100-150 starts /yr 4 years ago to [SIZE="5"]1[/SIZE] start this year

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    In order> Ault, Limon, Windsor, Commerce City.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by jugdish
    In order> Ault, Limon, Windsor, Commerce City.
    Don't be a dick. Brush is SOOOOOOOO much better than those towns.

183 BRO's before hoes.
    Sep 2006
    I-70 is gonna explode. Seriously,she's full!!! Other states have kickazz mountains too
    Every time I drive I-70 it is near empty, you must be talking about the one time a week you have to sit in traffic in one direction.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChromedToast
    Every time I drive I-70 it is near empty, you must be talking about the one time a week you have to sit in traffic in one direction.
    Bingo. Traffic at a PREDICTABLE time every week.

Easy enough to avoid.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    If you think I-70 is bad only on Sundays and eastbound then i want what your smoking...

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    If you think I-70 is bad only on Sundays and eastbound then i want what your smoking...
    It's bad two times on Saturday and two times on Sunday. For a few hours.

Rest of the 156 hours of the week - no traffic.

friend of Apex
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles
    Bingo. Traffic at a PREDICTABLE time every week.

Easy enough to avoid.

Except when some jerkov in an SUV decides to roll into a ditch
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast